How's WDW Coronado Springs Resort?????

outlaw322

Hi, I'm going to WDW in July and we're staying at the Coronado Springs Resort. We've heard some overall positive things about it, yet there has been a few negative, so I was wanting to ask if anyone stayed at CSR, then how was it??? Your feedback is important. Thanks a lot.

wannabeBelle

I thought I was pretty positive about it actually....If I didnt like it that much I certainly wouldnt stay there again. I have stayed at all 4 moderates and the CSR is certainly one of the favorites. The PO Riverside is another favorite. The layout of CSR is rough just because it is set around Lago Dorado which is a huge lake. Walking cant be an issue in this resort. The pool is on one side of the lake and the Main building, food court etc are on the other so it is a bit of a walk, but were you planning on not doing much walking during a trip to Disneyworld? Also one of the more positive things is that this place is not usually overrun with little kids. I have found that to be true at any of the Moderates in comparison to the Value level. Also check out the following website. It is an unofficial site by a person who loved CSR so much he did a website about it!!! Now that is POSITIVE!!! http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/
Good luck and enjoy yourself!! Belle

Upvote 0

outlaw322

Original Poster
Thanks a lot, wannabebelle. I really wanna try this place out. I hope more people come on this thread and have some more positive things. Not that the negative feedback doesn't help either. I grateful to all of you. Keep it comin'!!!

Upvote 0

secretsquirrel

Coronado other Mod. Resorts

I've been told that all the other Moderate Resorts are a bit better than the Coronado. I didn't mind the Coronado that much, but just found it to be too busy. There were a few conferences going on there during my stay and I saw too many people wearing 3x4 name tags stating the co. they are with. For 5 nights, do the math and see how much extra each night would be somewhere else. I found that if you are arriving late in the day and won't go into the parks the first or last day, then change your reservations to a 4 nights package and then a 1 night room only. This could save you $40+ depending on the size of your party. If another resort is $150 and you could save $40+, then is it worth staying somewhere more expensive that you will certainly enjoy for about $20 night more? It's all part of the disney experience. Budgeting Disney 101. The more you spend the better, but figure out where to save,

Examples:

Big late morning breakfest and early Big Dinner, skip lunch and snack instead.

Don't rent a car at the airport unless absolutely necessary. Everything you need is at Disney.

Bring some snack food from home or even some breakfest bars, etc.

Don't buy sun screen and tee shirts unless necessary.

Don't eat all your "big" meals at the nice restaurants.

I'm sure you will have a good time regardless of where you stay, these are just my opinoin from my experiences.

Upvote 0

Bagheera

I really enjoyed Coronado when I was there last year for a conference. The place looks very nice, the walk around the lake is wonderful, and the atmosphere is so relaxing. I was not overly-impressed by the Pepper Market, but it wasn't bad, either.

One thing about all the conference people: smaller crowds on the buses! Yep, if everyone is in their meetings, nobody is going to the parks! When my sessions let out, so many people just wanted to go somewhere for a drink. I hardly saw anyone from the conference get on a bus to the park!

Location: If you want less walking (though I do heartily recommend at least one walk around the entire resort), get a room in Cabanas building 9B. It's a short walk over the bridge to the Dig Site pool, and a short walk the other way to the main building and a bus stop.

Of course, I generally stay DVC, so my preferences run to Old Key West and the Villa accommodations around Crescent Lake. ;)

My 2 cents.

Upvote 0

EmeraldDolphin

We stayed at Coronado Springs when they first opened... and we were fortunate that we were close to the main pool & also to our bus stop... but it was a hike to the food court, and the food court got old really fast... I like Mexican food... but not 3x a day for 7 days...

Upvote 0

stitchndory

my family has stayed at CSR at least 4 times and are staying there again this month. Of all the moderate resorts we like this one the best. We don't find it confusing, the rooms are nice, the pools great. The bus rides are a little long but they come frequently. The food is pretty good. Overall it is a very beautiful place to stay.

Upvote 0

RozFan

Love, love, love CSR! :sohappy:

I think the only negative aspect is how spaced out the resort is. If you can secure a room near the food court then your set. Pepper Market is great, bus service was awesome, and you really feel as if your getting a deluxe exprience for a moderate price.

Two thumbs up, WAY up! :lol: :) :D

Upvote 0

outlaw322

Original Poster
Thanks everybody for your feedback!! My family is fearing this trip a little bit because they've heard some neg. things about CSR too. I'm trying to encourage them and show them you positive posts, so keep it comin'!!!!!!!

THanks again!!!!!

Upvote 0

Mitzer

Two thumbs up from us

I stayed my frist trip there January 2002 and liked it enough, I returned two weeks later (great AP discounts). I am usually a deluxe resort fan, but loved the CSR. We would gladly stay there again, no problems. It wasn't overly busy (but maybe that was because it was January) and the hotel was very nice all the way around. It has some nice amenities and the layout was fine. We were in the back of the resort, so we just drove to the front in the morning. Some mornings we walked, didn't take too long and it was very pleasant. I would think that if you like POR, you will also enjoy CS. Don't sweat it, afterall it is Disney. How can staying at any Disney property be bad :animwink: ? I think you will really enjoy it. It is just something new for you...and btw, I am a huge POR fan too, if that helps.

Upvote 0

RickEff

Originally posted by outlaw322
Thanks everybody for your feedback!! My family is fearing this trip a little bit because they've heard some neg. things about CSR too. I'm trying to encourage them and show them you positive posts, so keep it comin'!!!!!!!

THanks again!!!!!

IMO, the worst stay at a Disney Resort will beat the best stay outside of one. So - I would say your family's fears are unfounded. Even if there are things you don't like about CSR, you'll have a wonderful time. You'll find something about any resort. For my money - CSR is my favourite Moderate.

To each their own.

Rick

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Time to resurect a thread!!!

My wife and I are going to CSR in November. We've stayed at CBR and POFQ before and visited CSR and eaten at the Maya Grill but never stayed there.

Outlaw, How did your family enjoy the trip?

To everyone else, I could use some room recommendations.

We are staying in a king room and my wife has some aversion to the color and style of the Cabanas. We really like Casitas and I like Ranchos even if my wife is kinda luke warm on them.

Not so worried about pool or food court access. Looking for nice quiet scenery or a great fountain at Casitas. Closer to a bus stop would be better since we spend most of our time in the parks instead of spending too much time at the resorts.

Any recommendations?

Upvote 0

bhg469

Originally posted by outlaw322
Are all the rooms equally the same? And how great is the atmosphere around there?

if i may interject on this thread its the first time i have posted in some time. coronado is my fav moderate because of the atmosphere. walking around the main pool aka the dig site is great the pool is one of the best youll see. youll have a great time there just walking around. by the way the breakfast buffet at maya grill is phenominal

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom