Hows the water situation?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
How are thiings in Orlando with the rain? Are the water fountains still off at WDW?

Disneynut

I don't know about the fountains. However, I was in NYC and stopped at the Disney Store there. A cast member in the travel center mentioned that the boats from Poly and GF to MK as well as the Friendship launches at Epcot were to be discontinued. I don't know if this is due to the water shortage or more cut-backs.

The Mom

Premium Member
As of June 3rd, assorted fountains were turned off. However, we (Florida) have had several days of on & off heavy rain. (It's been raing all day here in Jacksonville) It's the last of TS Allison.
There have been the usual summer storms down in Orlando, so the fountains might be on again. It depends upon whether the aquifer is getting rain.
I read there was a small forest fire in Osceola county yesterday, but nothing like those of a few weeks ago.

I hadn't heard about the boats. That's one of the main attractions about those resorts. The boats were running in EPCOT when we were there.

NowInc

Water problems are still major issues here...at least where I am. I am almost positive it is effecting the Disney parks as well. Now that we are officially into hurricane season we should be seeeing TONS of more rain storms the next few months. I hope that puts an end to our situation.

MouseRight

Just got back from DW. Some fountains are off, most noticeably the EPCOT show fountain in innoventions plaza. However, many other ones were still on - like the play fountains in Downtown Disney. They also had running water sprinkling the EPCOT fountain. Looks like they can't let it get dry.

sillyspook13

Last time I was at Epcot, that fountain was closed, but it had a tarp over it as if it was being refurbished. The water situation is another thing that I will ask about on Saturday.

woofboy111

Originally posted by Disneynut
I don't know about the fountains. However, I was in NYC and stopped at the Disney Store there. A cast member in the travel center mentioned that the boats from Poly and GF to MK as well as the Friendship launches at Epcot were to be discontinued. I don't know if this is due to the water shortage or more cut-backs.

I was told this is done because when the water level get's too low, since the docks float, the incline goes down too much and it becomes a saftey hazard.

Attachments

• sorcerermickey.gif
    sorcerermickey.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 130

<SRH>

We have finally had some rain here, but even if it rains a lot it will still take a while for the water levels to get better. They even have "water police" driving around and ticketing people wasting water or watering on even (or odd?) numbered days. Also, one of the recent storms ironically started a fire from the lightning. I am not sure how things are at Disney. I will probably go this or next week.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by <SRH>
We have finally had some rain here, but even if it rains a lot it will still take a while for the water levels to get better. They even have "water police" driving around and ticketing people wasting water or watering on even (or odd?) numbered days. Also, one of the recent storms ironically started a fire from the lightning. I am not sure how things are at Disney. I will probably go this or next week.

The water police and odd/even days happened up here in NY a few summers ago ('99 I think). Then we were flooded with Hurricane Floyd, and that was the end of that drought. :D

tigger1968

As of the 19th, the fountains were off in MK and Epcot. Don't recall the other parks. I was there for 7 nights, and Orlando received 1-1.5 inches of rain from a severe thunderstorm on the night of the 18th. The storm produced some incredible lightning, not to mention the downpour. This was on top of the usual afternoon thunderstorms all week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom