How's it Done?

77johnson77

Well Im not sure, but if you take all the places they work e.i. resorts ,water parks, 4 parks, and more they are spread out, and I imagine they have shifts and some only work for parts of day, Im guessing entirely on this but sounds ok, and I never really thought of that one

se8472

lol really it depends on who you are. I know working at MK I would go the same way as guest.

Really all the places that are pointing away from "all guest areas" are backstage areas that you "can" drive around....

MK has a parking lot out behind the park, we CM get on a bus and ride in. Behind the parking lot is the end of property and the way to get back to I-4 and so forth.

Epcot parking lot is behind Test Track and some. They dont' get a bus to ride in...

MGM shares its parking lot with guest. So really guest and CM use the same way in and the same way out...

AK is sort of the same way. However there parking lot enterence is connected to guest parking lot but to get to it they just have to use the Resort line to get in...

Really we use the same roads :D

One day I did a little exploring around (bear road for peeps who know) ended up driving around backstage AK with the safari trucks :p

ILOVEDISNEY

Original Poster
Someone's pulling my leg. Even with 4 shifts we are still talking about 14,000 cars coming from somewhere and going to somewhere at WDW. That's a lot of cars driving about with regular guests. There must be secret roads and entrances. What busses do the CM ride? I have never seen a CM ride a bus. Come on let me in on the secret before I become a CM is a few years.

Atta83

Its true there are many places cm work. Everything se8472 says is true. Also, there are many people working at different times of the day. If you think about many castmemeber are already at the park before guest arrive then some leave while others come in around 2-3 to finish out the day. So you really never have congestion except for guest...

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by ILOVEDISNEY
Someone's pulling my leg. Even with 4 shifts we are still talking about 14,000 cars coming from somewhere and going to somewhere at WDW. That's a lot of cars driving about with regular guests. There must be secret roads and entrances. What busses do the CM ride? I have never seen a CM ride a bus. Come on let me in on the secret before I become a CM is a few years.

Well, the Cast Members who work at parks get there in the morning way before the guests, so guests and cast members don't drive in at the same time for that. And if you think about it, the MK attendance is about 40,000 people, on average, each day - that means that another 10-15,000 cars on the roads are MK guests, and do on for each other park. Numbers of cars can add up quickly, and you never notice.

The busses that MK CM's ride ONLY go from the parking lot, which is north of the Magic Kingom, and the back entrance to the tunnels. Guests never see these busses, nor do you ride with Cast Members. Like someone else said, the EPCOT, MGM and AK Cast Members drive to the CM parking lots and hoof-it to their starting positions.

Also, many of the Cast Members are on the College Program, and live in Disney's apartments. I would presume that they also have shuttles, or they carpool - greatly reducing the number of cars on the roads.

Disney has their own "highway" system on property, and thus can handle WAY more traffic than you can comprehend. And, as others said, there are a LOT more roads on property than you have probably ever seen. If you look at a Cast Member map, or go exploring, you'll figure that out. They conveniently direct you away from these roads, beause they're mainly for service trucks, deliveries, and Cast Members.

14,000 cars really isn't that many, anyway, relatively speaking.

ILOVEDISNEY

Original Poster
Thanks. I never thought of it that way. I have seen CM's disappear in the tress around the resorts, but have never seen one drive away. There must be hidden parking lots and they wait for the guests to go by before driving out.

s25843

There must be hidden parking lots and they wait for the guests to go by before driving out.

They don't have to wait for guests to drive out, espically with shift changes midday and such... They just have their own parking areas where in some spots the guest can see, and in other spots the guest cannot see...

s25843

Originally posted by Mary Poppins
How in the world did you get through the security gate?

Its really not that hard, I made a wrong turn going to the Boardwalk and accidently ended up on the service road that runs parallel to Tower of Terror/RnR

daksimba

Originally posted by Mary Poppins
How in the world did you get through the security gate?

I was wondering the same exact thing.

As for 14,000 a shift, you still have to break it up more.

1st shift isn't 8-5 for everyone. It may be 5-1, 6-2, 9-6, etc.

It is all spread out.

But for anybody who has hit I-4 at 5:00PM will know that traffic is still horrible. :hurl:

Atta83

ILOVEDISNEY What CM map? Also, this may be OT, but where are the College Program apartments?

The college program appartents are located on the other side of I4 so in other words on the other side of the highway from Down Town Disney. Those are the Vista Way Appartments. Now for the other two complexes they are right by the shopping center that you can see from I 4 and the Mary Queen of the Universe Church.

DisneyJill

Originally posted by daksimba
I
But for anybody who has hit I-4 at 5:00PM will know that traffic is still horrible. :hurl:

You're not kidding. :rolleyes:

BTW...they're not trying to keep the cast members "hidden." We trolls are allowed to be seen by the civilized people too.:lol: Like everyone has said, MGM's parking lot is for both CM's/general public. Epcot has a parking lot that you can see from TT. I have no idea about AK, I've never paid attention and none of my roommates work there. MK has a huuuuuuge lot a little north of Space Mountain, right across from Disney University. You get on a bus and ride it less than a mile to the Utilidor entrance. You can't see this area from the road. All the resorts have their own parking lots for CM's. The Contemporary's is relatively close, compared to some others. Ours is the lot across from Space Mountain, although, none of us really use it. :lookaroun The Yacht and Beach Club lot is across the street from the resorts. Pop's CM lot is waaaaay far away and you have to walk like a mile to get to the resort. There aren't like, secret roads that CM's are allowed to travel on. I take 536 into work and then head up World Drive and go thru the MK toll plaza like all the guests do. It's TONS OF FUN at 5 pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

MKCP 1985

I have seen CM's disappear in the tress around the resorts, but have never seen one drive away. There must be hidden parking lots and they wait for the guests to go by before driving out.

Oliver Stone, I see you have found the message board!
:lol: Yes, there is a big conspiracy to protect the cast members' secret identities on the roadways around WDW property! They watch on surveillance cameras until no guests are in view before a secret panel slides back and the castmembermobile departs! :lol:

TheDisneyGirl02

When I used to drive from Chatham, I would take the back way via 535 to MK. It was a further distance (I think), but it was faster because there wasn't really any tourist traffic. I miss going that way now that I'm at home...:(

TheDisneyGirl02

Atta83

Hey at least you got to live in Chatam I was stuck at Vista Way. But it was not that bad once I made friends with other people who had their own places I could spend the night. But there really is never that bad of traffic on the property though which is great!

JEDI1138

Why not just tell them about the backstage Monorail. If they are going to be a cast member in the future, they are going to find out about it anyway. Just so you'll know, they are using the old Mark IV trains, not like the new Mark VI's the guest ride on.

lborne

Here are some interesting photos sort of on this topic. These are not mine, but from www.disneypix.com

Links don't seem to be working, so paste and cut URL.

This shows the MK CM parking lot. Notice the bus pulling up to the terminal about 1/4 down from the upper right corner.
Roll03_022.jpg

And here is where the bus drops the MK CMs off. The utilidor entrance can be seen just below the castle.
http://potw.disneypix.com/2000ft/Roll3/Roll03_025.jpg

Also, for those of you who did not know this, check out the parking lot right off the side of main street towards tomorrowland.
http://potw.disneypix.com/2000ft/Roll3/Roll03_013.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom