How'd you like your steak cooked? Sorry, medium rare is not an option (Inferno Barge)

Rob562

That is one of the coolest videos I've seen from RoE! :) Great find!

Of course, now i want to see a driver's view from the Earth Globe. (Or even strap it to the top of one of the Globe's petals so that you get a spinning view of World Showcase) :animwink:

-Rob

Buried20KLeague

WAIT A SECOND...

At the very end of the video, the outline of the fire...

IS THAT AN OUTLINE OF WALT?!?!?!?!? IS HIS SPIRIT SHOWING ITSELF DURING ROE?!?!?!?!?!? :eek:

I suggest a shrine.

Rob562

And here's another geeky thing to do while watching the video...

With the video set to play from the beginning, start playing Reflections of Earth on CD or MP3. At the 0:20 mark hit play on the YouTube video... That syncs it up pretty closely. (Shades of Dark Side of the Moon, eh?) ;)

You might have to play with the timing yourself, as it depends on how quickly YouTube responds to the "play" command.

Also on a tech note, the very first "bang" you hear in the video is the air-launcher firing the opening mid-air explosion shells. (not the comet itself, which is fired from American Gardens)

-Rob

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
Thank you for the responses.

And here's another geeky thing to do while watching the video...

Also on a tech note, the very first "bang" you hear in the video is the air-launcher firing the opening mid-air explosion shells. (not the comet itself, which is fired from American Gardens)

-Rob

It's very interesting how one cannot hear the first 2 shells from the prominade, but it seems pretty loud in this video. Too bad the camera wasn't positioned so that you could see the center-slip launch tube.

Thank goodness, I thought this was a thread to tell me I no longer could get my steak cooked that it still MOO'S at LeCellier.:eek::eek: :lol:
Great look at the barge though. I am amazed a camera can take the heat though.

Rob562

It's very interesting how one cannot hear the first 2 shells from the prominade, but it seems pretty loud in this video. Too bad the camera wasn't positioned so that you could see the center-slip launch tube.

I think you *can* hear it, but the sound is masked by the soundtrack. Counting backward in the video and referencing it to the soundtrack, the air launchers fire right about the time that the comet (and its accompanying "screech" in the soundtrack) lights. I watched a video, and there's a distinctive "crack" sound in the right place. Listen closely next time you're watching the show.

-Rob

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
I think you *can* hear it, but the sound is masked by the soundtrack. Counting backward in the video and referencing it to the soundtrack, the air launchers fire right about the time that the comet (and its accompanying "screech" in the soundtrack) lights. I watched a video, and there's a distinctive "crack" sound in the right place. Listen closely next time you're watching the show.

-Rob

Oh yes. In fact, if you stood close enough to the Rose & Crown, or more recently, the AG theater, you can hear the first comet launch before you see the tail ignite. But compared to the conventional launch that was used from late 2005-2006, the sound is barely audible.

hardcard

thread drift for a moment here..

Rose & Crown got rid of the Guiness Beef Stew...

I HATE them now!

:drevil::drevil::drevil::fork::fork::fork:

Rob562

Oh yes. In fact, if you stood close enough to the Rose & Crown, or more recently, the AG theater, you can hear the first comet launch before you see the tail ignite. But compared to the conventional launch that was used from late 2005-2006, the sound is barely audible.

Though to correct one small point, the original launch point in the UK wasn't from the Rose & Crown, but rather from on top of the stores opposite the Promenade from the R&C. It was above what I believe is the perfume shop, at the opposite end of the row from the Tea Caddy. The comet actually shot out over the tea garden, the Promenade and the R&C before going out over the water.

That was where they decided they had to locate the launcher from an artistic standpoint to get the proper arc of the comet over the water. But from an operational standpoint it clashed, as they actually had to close off the Promenade for a couple minutes before each show until the comet had fired successfully.

When they decided to relocate the launcher, it took them a while to decide on a location that eliminated the comet firing over a Guest area. And once they settled on American Gardens it took some tinkering with air pressures and angles to get the proper mid-air arc back again, because the AG is closer to the center of the lagoon than the old launch point.

-Rob

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
2997329338_0d5e726879_b.jpg

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
/\ /\

Very nice photo. I have never found a picture that shows the pneumatic system (far right center of the picture) as well as this one does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom