How would you rank how much of a thrill each thrill ride is?

Winter

Original Poster
I was wondering, out of curiosity, how much of a thrill each ride is (or, for the future ride's, what it's expected to be). I was curious to see if what I'm thinking is accurate. I haven't been on all of these and I don't know for sure about the upcoming coaster's predictions are, and I was curious to see if I'm right.

What I think it is (higher level is bigger thrill):

Level 0: Test Track (It's not even a thrill ride why do people call it that)

Level 1: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, Mine Train, Barnstormer, [Slinky]

Level 2: Space Mountain

Level 3:Everest

Level 4:Rock N Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Mission Space, [Guardians, Tron]

I'm curious to know if I'm correct on this or not.

PorterRedkey

1. Rock n Roller coaster - intense exceleration into two inversions. Not the most intense coaster, but the most intense coaster at WDW.

2. TOT for the up/down stomach in your throat feeling. I hate drop rides, but I admit ToT is a different animal. Gorgeously themed, and intense in all the right ways!

3. Everest - the backward section is why I have this attraction at 3. It is scary and fun. Plus, it lead to a nicely themed cave with subtle video effects.

Honorable mention: Mission Space Orange.
Note: Just follow the instructions and keep your eyes open and your head back and you will be fine.

correcaminos

For intensity I don't find RnR to be that high once you get past the launch. It's pretty tame as far as inversion coasters go. I actually rank EE above it because the over all speed, the wind in your hair, and the backwards portion make it more intense than RnR. Makes RnR kind of ho hum to me. I'm spoiled with good coaster though. I suppose with the launch I'd rank RnR, EE and ToT the same sorta.

7DMT, Space Mt. BTMRR, and Barnstormer are all "kiddie coasters" to us. Test Track is faster and more interesting than them. Not more thrilling but they are all kind of rather blah. With Space Mt. being not so fun with those who have neck or back issues.

Mission Space is this weird gray area for me. It was pretty cool the first time. Subsequent rides after are just meh. Star Tours is definitely more intense than Mission Space to me.

So in short I doubt you'll ever get all to agree on levels.

JIMINYCR

In descending order of big thrill to slight thrill.
EE Because of its speed, turns, backwards motion, and even with a broken Yeti, its an extra thrill added in.
BTMRR Because of its speed, turns and old west themed views along the ride
RnRC Because of the takeoff, speed, turns and inverted rolls and music. I rate it lower only because its just over too quickly.
Space Mtn Because its a dark coaster which brings unexpected turns. Has that coaster feel & sound throughout the ride.
ToT The buildup to the expected drops and re-drops.
Splash Mtn Only one good drop and a minor one. Hard to rate it as a thrill with cute singing animatronics.
MS Intense Lift off, push some buttons. It never made me sick. Got a bad rep from guests saying youd die if you rode it.
TT An Oh NO were going to crash moment followed by a speedy ride around an oval.
ST It rocks, jolts you around and you get some alternating scenes to watch on re-rides.
7DMT A much over hyped up coaster that didnt perform up to its promise.
Barnstormer Maybe it would have thrilled me if I was 6yo.

Walt Disney1955

You can argue Space Mountain is something that tickles the thrill junkies. The way it is set up in pure darkness is genius. Some rollercoasters have "dark coasters" but I've never been on one like Space that is completely dark where you can't see anything. I'd give it a 3 out of 5.

Tower of Terror would be at least a 3 as well.

RNRC is a 4. It would fit in at Cedar Point. It would be somewhat middle of the pack in that park.

Everest is easily a 3 I think.

The rest are two and under.

TheDuke

Are we going by Disney standards or by the normative standards of thrill rides you'd see at Busch or something?

Rating them 1-4

1- Thunder, Barnstormer, Mine Train

2- Space, Splash (some people can't handle that drop), Mission: Space (but can be pretty extreme for people with motion sickness issues, but otherwise is just a motion simulator), Test Track (it does get up to 70 MPH at the end)

3- Everest, RnRC, Tower of Terror

Nothing would be a maximum thrill ride by normal standards at Disney. If we're going with a "Disney" scale, I might up Everest and ToT to 4's since they are a bit more intense than RnRC, IMO. After the launch it's very smooth and there are no big drops.

LUVofDIS

I disagree about Disney not up tp normal standards for maximum thrill rides, you obviously have never ridden the tea cups with me. I think I hold the record for first, second, third, fourth, seventh and tenth place for RPM's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom