How would you guys feel if...

stitchcastle

Original Poster
...in 5-5 they announce the construction of a 5th park?

first of all, before the flames come burning in, I am purely asking a question on how you would feel as diehard WDW fans if this were announced, this is not a rumour or anything just a little survey of sorts. And to add to that, what are your theories as to why they would decide to do so?

This is in the scenario that they annnounce a huge "Disney Decade" type of expansion announcement with new additions also coming for the other 4 parks.

-peace out!

One thing that isn't mentioned often is that there really hasn't been a long period of time since DAK opened. Between MK and Epcot there was eleven years, seven between Epcot and MGM (and that was rushed, we all know the story), and nine between MGM and DAK. Disney has to establish DAK as a full park before they can consider moving forward onto something new. DAK has so much room to grow, there really isn't a need for a fifth. The only large area that has opened up in MGM in the past decade has been Sunset Blvd. MGM really doesn't have the area to be huge, where DAK will always have room. The entire area of KSR (offstage and on) is larger than all of MK. That's pretty big for one attraction. It's only been seven years, and as much as I would love to see a whole new park, it isn't practical, nor will it be for a while.

Robfasto

Personally I hope it DOES NOT HAPPEN for a very long time, they have 4 parks that can be added to 3 of them with a bit more room the the Studios. Instead of another park I would like to see more additions to the current parks.

Although to add to the current parks could cost more in the long run than having another gated park.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I will second Robfasto.

While I can see somewhere in the future that there could be sufficiently distinct themes that could be called another park, there is a WHOLE lot more that needs to be done to the existing parks before further dilution.

GymLeaderPhil

There's a news article in the Orlando Sentinel that explicitly says that there are no plans to build an additional park for Walt Disney World at this time. I feel that the market is already flooded with parks in this area and attention should be payed to renovating 30+ year old attractions first and foremost.

Plus, Hong Kong Disneyland represents the fifth incarnation of Disneyland and goes great with the "5" marketing that's looming overhead everyone.

CAPTAIN HOOK

stitchcastle said:
...in 5-5 they announce the construction of a 5th park?
Damn - it means that I'll have to return to WDW to see the completed park :mad:
Personally - I'd love a 5th park, provided that the Disney quality, theming and attention to detail is evident throughout. Couldn't stand the thought of a money fleecing park

brich

I'm really torn on this. It would be cool to have another whole park to explore yet I keep asking myself, have they done all they can to the existing 4 parks. I see so much more that can be done to AK to really meet it's potential. The other thing that worries me is that, unlike many on here, I don't live near Orlando. I am really lucky to be able to make a trip down every year to year and a half. At which time I try to spend all the time I can there which is on average 10 days. I come home every trip saying I just wish I had more time to do and see more. How on Earth will I be able to do it if they add another park? There is sooooo much to do and see now that by adding a 5th park would probably be overload. I'd say continue to expand and maintain what they have for now. I don't have enough vacation time for a 5th park. :lol:

WDW_Sam

Robfasto said:
Personally I hope it DOES NOT HAPPEN for a very long time, they have 4 parks that can be added to 3 of them with a bit more room the the Studios. Instead of another park I would like to see more additions to the current parks.

Although to add to the current parks could cost more in the long run than having another gated park.
I totally agree, instead of yet another park they should make the current parks a whole lot better attraction wise. (Im not saying Disney does not have good attractions already), but it would be nice to see a few more in all of the parks.

Sam

Snapper Bean

I'd be in favor of a 5th park. If they are going to continue to build hotel rooms on-site, I would hope that there would be an appropriate amount of activities so that none present an overcrowded park. There probably is room for additional capacity at DAK and MGM but when I hear that they will continue to hawk time shares as their growth strategy, I get a little nervous. Nobody wants to go to a park where rides are boasting 120 minute waits. Fastpass doesn't cure everything.

Snapper Bean

Brooke

I think they need to add more things to Animal Kingdom, MGM, and even EPCOT before they even start thinking about a new park...

psuchad

I would not be surprised to see a 5th park that is a long the lines of a typical amusement park. AKA Six Flags or even Islands of Adventure. They already have California Adventure out west. I think if they do a 5th park they will stick with the tried and true park structure with rollercoasters and other thrill rides.

jcat2312

I also think they need to do major updating of some of the older rides before they add a 5th park. It is hard enough to see all of WDW now, even staying 7 nights, let alone if they add another park.

A villians park would be nice though.......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom