How would you feel if Disney partnered up with EA and Nintendo to give some of their IPs some exposure at WDW?

CmdrShepN7

Original Poster
I think it would be cool if Disney made an updated version of Horizons and included some stuff from Mass Effect in it.

Mass Effect has some serious themes such as war, terrorism, political backstabbing, AI rebellions, etc.

How would you include the Mass Effect stuff while still having it be family friendly?

I would imagine the name Mass Effect would not be included in the name of the ride.

Would including space battle scenes make the people on the ride less excited for the future or should it be included to make the ride more exciting?

I think it would be cool to hear this at some point. It would really add to the atmosphere.

I would end the ride with with a ship of humans and aliens who are part of a colonization and exploration mission heading toward the Andromeda galaxy.

How would people who don't play video games react to seeing the aliens?
volus1_large.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

latest

I also think it would be cool to see some Animal Crossing stuff at the Animal Kingdom.

GlacierGlacier

Disney/Lucasfilm aren't as enchanted with EA now as they once were.

On top of that, Disney seems like they're being relatively safe with upcoming additions to the US parks. As such, I can't imagine them doing anything with IP based on video games - at least until some other company proves its "safe." If Nintendo does well, I could see them show some mild interest.

Not to mention that Disney hasn't had much integration in the video game market in a while. Just licenseing out to other companies.

Dunston

Mass Effect would never set foot near Disney's parks, considering many remember it for the laughably bad "sexbox" tv news video from a while back. The player in those games can bang NPC's LOL it's not gonna happen.

As some users have pointed out, many gamers despise EA, but consider this: making something like Mass Effect Land in response to Super Nintendo World would be exactly what you'd expect from the executives that brought us Pandora: The World of Avatar in response to Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Paper straw fan

I would live there I would like it so much.

But...they already did something with Six Flags?

https://www.engadget.com/2016/04/29/mass-effect-theme-park-attraction-opens-in-may/

It’s probably more the thing something like Six Flags would do. If Disney ever did a video game theme, they would prefer something like Nintendo’s IP’s, and they are partnering with Universal. So probably only other video game IP I could ever see them doing a partnership with is something like Minecraft.

Tali will be my romance option, now and forever.

Last edited:

Frontierland's Finest

Hard pass on both. As much as I like Disney, I don't think they could do the Nintendo IPs justice.
EA hasn't put out a universally loved game in years. They lost their touch the moment they figured out microtransactions.

Cmdr_Crimson

It’s probably more the thing something like Six Flags would do. If Disney ever did a video game theme, they would prefer something like Nintendo’s IP’s, and they are partnering with Universal. So probably only other video game IP I could ever see them doing a partnership with is something like Minecraft.
I'm going to leave this here for some who forget what game needs to have something in the parks...
kingdom-hearts-classic_a-G-15529180-0.jpg

Annnd Warner Bros has the rights for anything with Minecraft...including the new movie..

Club Cooloholic

I think it would be cool if Disney made an updated version of Horizons and included some stuff from Mass Effect in it.

Mass Effect has some serious themes such as war, terrorism, political backstabbing, AI rebellions, etc.

How would you include the Mass Effect stuff while still having it be family friendly?

I would imagine the name Mass Effect would not be included in the name of the ride.

Would including space battle scenes make the people on the ride less excited for the future or should it be included to make the ride more exciting?

I think it would be cool to hear this at some point. It would really add to the atmosphere.

I would end the ride with with a ship of humans and aliens who are part of a colonization and exploration mission heading toward the Andromeda galaxy.

volus1_large.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

latest

I also think it would be cool to see some Animal Crossing stuff at the Animal Kingdom.

Never heard of it.

CmdrShepN7

Original Poster
As cool as it might seem, Disney would never touch anything with "themes such as war, terrorism, political backstabbing, AI rebellions, etc." - well, maybe the last one...

I didn’t say that they should. I just suggested that Disney use some of the aliens from it.

Paper straw fan

I'm going to leave this here for some who forget what game needs to have something in the parks...
kingdom-hearts-classic_a-G-15529180-0.jpg

Annnd Warner Bros has the rights for anything with Minecraft...including the new movie..

Didn’t know about MS and WB’s union. I was just sort of spitballing what sort of non Disney video game IP they’d consider ever exploring. (Are we counting TRON or considering that a movie IP?)

As far as Kingdom Hearts, I wouldn’t disagree, as they already sell some KH stuff around their retail stores (mostly pins as far as I’ve seen) but, since most characters sans Sora are already Disney characters, would the average video game age customer (I dunno, gen X and younger?) get that it was something from the game, or just the usual WDW lineup?

It does make the most sense though. For certain.

And as an add-on, what do you think the last game IP they’d ever use would be? I’m saying a tie between GTA and Mortal Kombat.

Shouldigo12

While I think video games could be a cool tie-in in a theme park, I'm not sure how well they would work at Disney. I'm usually the last to say something is "out of theme", but I can't see this working. Not at Disney, anyway. As for least likely to be brought to the parks, I'm going with Saint's Row.

thomas998

volus1_large.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

latest

These would be more likely to fit into Universal. If for some odd reason Disney grabbed hold of them you could expect them to be watered down to the point of stupidity.. Remember Disney decided the Princess Leia portion of Star Wars where she was wearing the metal bikini costume after being captured by Jaba was too risque to the point that all toys with her in that costume were discontinued. Disney has a problem with any content that strays beyond PG... It makes me wonder just how much tamer future Deadpool movies will be, because even though Disney has said they weren't going to stop them being R rated, they may still tone them down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom