How would a "Classic Disney Channel" do?

Would you watch a "Classic Disney" channel

• Yes. I'm all for Disney nostalgia

Votes: 22 100.0%
  • No. I've grown out of my Mickey ears

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Uncle Remus

Original Poster
I'm new here and I'm not sure if this has ever been discussed. I would love a channel that aired all of the old classic cartoons of the "core" characters. I have 4 kids from 12-4 and they love it when we put on a classic cartoon Of Donald being pestered by Chip and Dale or the old Goofy sports tutorials.

I would like to be able to see Wonderful World of Disney again on Sunday nights. They have decades worth of those things. My favorite time of the week as a kid was watching WWOD. It was the last little part of weekend I could hang onto before having to go to bed and start another week of school the next day.

Not to mention all of the other old programming they could roll out with no new production cost. Mickey Mouse Club, etc.

We are a Disney household for sure but I never watch the current Disney channel with my kids. There's no connection there. With a classic Disney channel you would open yourself up to generations of viewers. From my grandparents to my kids. I think it would do well. Of course I could be wrong and that's why there isn't one.

Curious as to what you guys think. Love the boards by the way.

216bruce

I may not ever watch another channel if a 'Classic Disney' channel was available. If it had Disney Family Album, WWOC, older live action and animated movies, Disney Afternoon reruns, Zorro, MMC. I'd probably even watch old Disney network specials like "salutes to", anniversaries of..., park openings. The stuff they aired a lot of during the Eisner era.
Even a Channel that ran long blocks of this every day so the dvr's can get some business would be great.

Uncle Remus

Original Poster
I may not ever watch another channel if a 'Classic Disney' channel was available. If it had Disney Family Album, WWOC, older live action and animated movies, Disney Afternoon reruns, Zorro, MMC. I'd probably even watch old Disney network specials like "salutes to", anniversaries of..., park openings. The stuff they aired a lot of during the Eisner era.
Even a Channel that ran long blocks of this every day so the dvr's can get some business would be great.

That's exactly what I had in mind. Hopefully one day soon they'll come out with this

erasure fan1

I voted yes I would watch it and love it. Now to answer the thread question. How would it do? I say not well enough for Disney to keep it. Disney wants the instant $$$ gratification, and I don't think classic Disney would do that in the short term. I firmly believe that for the long term the benefits would be great. I really am baffled why Disney wouldn't want new generations to see how great Mickey and the gang are. Of course thats just my opinion and Disney sees things a bit different. They obviously feel a "classic short" every now and again is enough.

jw24

JETIX was the worst mistake Toon Disney ever made and they paid the price for it.

Anyway, I would certainly be open to watching a classic Disney channel but the question is, would enough people watch it? Not just the die-hards like us who absolutely hate the current state of Disney Channel but also the casual viewer who is channel surfing and such? Something massive will need to happen for that go through. (A massive Facebook page in the millions or hundreds of thousands likes should provide attraction. I mean, Nickelodeon's 90s All That late night block was started because of the Facebook outcry.)

Kirk88

My kids love the classic Disney cartoons. Not only could they introduce the classics everyone's been talking about to a new generation but, they could also knock the dust off of Rescue Rangers, Gummi Bears, Duck Tales, Tail Spin, Gargoyles, etc.!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom