how will rain affect christmas activities?

robert shape

Original Poster
we are going next weekend and they are at this point calling for rain friday through sunday . will mickys christmas party cancel ? first time in december and just our luck...rain dec 1-10 2004

thanks

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Try not to worry about it. Rain in December is fairly rare, and one year when we went in December they were calling for the chance of rain nearly every day, but it was bright and sunny and we never had any rain.

Somebody else may be able to offer more details on what will actually happen if it does rain, but try not to let just the possibility spoil your trip.

Have fun!

trucillo

We were there when it poured!

We went 2 years ago and it poured. Everything was cancelled. No parade, no characters, no coco, etc. Disney made good however by giving us each a 1 day hopper ...

Figment1986

Hmmm..... December ha a rare chance of Rain.... if a cold front happens to come our way... they work around it.... somehow...

At this moment: (chance it will be wrong...)

Scale 1-10 for recreation...

Dec. 1
9 Very Good

Dec 2.
10 Excellent

Dec 3.
10 Excellent

Dec 4.
10 Excellent

Dec 5.
10 Excellent

Dec 6-10
unknown...

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I just checked weather.com again (I'm guessing that's where you were getting your forecast) and it looks like they've brightened their outlook!:sohappy:

I've generally found that they seem to overstate rain chances on their long range forecasts (both at home and in Orlando) so I really think you'll be fine.

Here's hoping you have a great trip!

Coree

When we went to MVMCP last year it rained on and off all evening. The second parade was cancelled and individual shows were postponed or cancelled. However, we did eventually end up seeing everything we wanted to. I would suggest that if rain is threatening on the night you're going that you see the things you absolutely want to see as soon as possible in case later versions are rained out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom