How will I make it through the next 15 days....a Pre-trip report

So I am now 15 days away. And to pass the time, I figured what better way than to start a pre-trip report.

Most of you know who I am, but to remind you..lets recap.

IMG_4923.jpg

Andy the hubby-33, former anti Disney until our honeymoon back in 06' Likes the more recent Disney/Pixar movie over the older ones. Enjoys searching for hidden Mickeys and has a great time meeting characters, even if he doesn't want to admit it.

Aleisha your host 31. Lover of Disney for the majority of her life, wishes to be princess, reciter of Beauty and the Beast in her childhood day family nights. And yes she ca recite every line, every move verbatim. Just ask.

IMG_4985.jpg

Logan or our little man (2 1/2) Disney-holic in the making even if he doesn't know it. Lover of Toy Story and Cars can't live without Monster Trucks and his big Mickey...this will be his third trip since he came into the world back in Feb of 09'

When
-July 15-23
Where-This year we had a hard time figuring out where we wanted to stay. Being DVC members, we own at both Saratoga and Bay Lake. Never having stayed at BLT before we knew it was on our must try list..So we decided to split time between both, first half will be at Saratoga before transferring over to Bay Lake for the second half.

HollyBelle

YAY! I'm so excited for you, Aleisha! :sohappy: Would you believe we're going to miss each other by a day again?! I'll be there for a brief work-related visit July 12-15.

I can't wait to hear all about BLT.

foreverbelle

Original Poster
The Plan

Now that we have been doing an annual Disney vacation for the past five years,we have discovered a few things. Plan ahead when possible, but know this, not everything is going to go your way, or as planned.

Thursday July 14

Our vacation will actually start the night before, when we will crash at my in-laws house, which is about ten minutes away from the airport. Saving us both time and money, we gladly accepted their offer to crash and to get a ride to airport the next morning. Thankfully, I like my in-laws so the evening shouldn't be to terrible.

Friday July 15

When it was just Andy and I, we always got the first flight out of Dulles that we could find. But now that we have little man, well we know flying isn't going to be as smooth as getting in and plopping down. And this is our first time flying with him solo, last summer we brought my parents and sisters along so we had plenty of helping hands...That being said, our flight takes off at 10, so if all goes well-crossing fingers here since JetBlue has previously switched our flights-then we shall be touching down to MCO right about noon.

We figured we will grab some lunch there at the airport, since by this point I am sure we will all need something to eat and as much as I love eating at the World, I now go by the Logan rule, and by this point I am sure he is going to be starving.

After lunch, we will hit ME, and head to SSR, hoping our room will be ready. We aren't planning much up until dinner time.

Ah yes, dinner time. We have reservations at Cinderella's castle...We told Logan the other day that he was going to meet Mickey, he said. OK Mommy...and then we told him he was going to have dinner with Cinderella, his response? OOhhh I think I am going to like that.

Heaven help me! The boy is only two!

Saturday July 16

We aren't the kind of planners to say where we are going to be until we get up that morning, so I won't bore you with that. I will save it for the actual report. But this will all depend on Logan's schedule...
We do have reservations for dinner atTapen Edo....

Suday July 17

Andy and I celebrated our 5th year wedding anniversary this past Memorial Day, well celebrated isn't really what you call it since we were both in a wedding. So we decided to postpone our anniversary until our Disney Trip. We have set up two adult only evenings/meals to celebrate it. The first being Sunday at Artist Pointe. Logan will be enjoying time with Kids Nite out.

Monday July 18

Depending on how things are going, we plan on sticking close to the resort once or twice during the stay, to actually enjoy the pools, which is something we often don't do.

Dinner that night is at Coral Reef. Super excited to see Logan's reaction to the fishys!!

Tuesday July 19

Check out day for SSR and check in day at BLT!

This could be the day we lounge, since we will be moving around, and seeing that we have dinner at one of my faves O'Hanna's.. there is no excuse not to...

If things are going well we plan on bringing Logan up to the observation deck to watch the fireworks since he isn't a huge fan of fireworks yet...

Wednesday July 20

Doing something I have never done, breakfast with Mickey at Chef Mickey's. Admittedly I wanted this more for Logan than myself! And since I am not a huge breakfast fan, and pretty sure we are going to be hungry that evening, we set up dinner at Nine Dragons which I haven't been to since our honeymoon.

Thursday July 21

Dinner at Liberty Tree I know several people aren't crazy about this restaurant but I love it. Partially due to my beef/pork/dairy allergy. It makes eating not so enjoyable, but this is the one place I am offered Turkey, and by this point it is a nice breakup of the fish and chicken dishes I usually get offered.

Friday July 22

Our last full day...its always a sad thought. This is our second night as adult only, and one that we are actually officially celebrating. Dinner is at California Grill which I haven't been to since I was a teen. We are hoping to finish up in enough time to slide over to Magic Kingdom where we will do our tradition. We watch Wishes on our final night there. Just my husband and I....and I usually cheat and get dessert, even if it does have dairy, I eat it right before calling it a night so that if I have a reaction I am close to medicine/bathroom etc....its one of the few nights in the year that I allow myself a treat...but its always worth the cost.

Saturday July 23

Our flight doesn't take off til later that night, so we will probably spend the day at Downtown Disney before heading back to meet the not so Magical Express.

And there you have it. My trip report will follow in about three weeks!!!

HouCuseChickie

Sounds like a GREAT trip!!! Funny how kids change up travel plans on all levels. I'm sure the two of you will be fine flying. I've flown with both of my girls on my own (a couple of times with them as infants), so I'm sure you guys will be A-OK.

Your son's reaction to Cinderella is hysterical :lol: My kids haven't been to Coral Reef, but I have and we've been to several aquarium restaurants...so I'm sure he's going to LOVE it!!! Chef Mickey's will be pure :D for him.

So nice also that you guys get a couple of nights out on your own! And big plus on dessert!!!

foreverbelle

Original Poster
Just ordered groceries from Garden Grocer, should be arriving around 2ish on the 15th! So far everything has gone rather smoothly, which scares me...Two weeks and I am there!

Ariel484

Woohoo, Aleisha! You're going to have such a fabulous time! :sohappy: I cannot wait for your trip report...I'm specifically looking forward to your review of Artist Point, which we're hoping to try sometime in the future. Yay!

PolynesianPrincess

10 days to go!!! :sohappy: Wooo hoooo!!!!

Can't wait to read about BLT.. I soo want to stay there someday but the reviews I've read have been mixed so I'm interested to see how you like it.

Sarabell

sounds like a great plan! I hope you have lots of fun with your family. Your kid is such a cutie pie! enjoy your trip and hopefully there will be a trip report to read :wave:

foreverbelle

Original Poster
sounds like a great plan! I hope you have lots of fun with your family. Your kid is such a cutie pie! enjoy your trip and hopefully there will be a trip report to read :wave:

Yes there will dif be a trip report!!!

And thanks, he is the love of my life!!!

GatorGuy

4 more days!! I wish I could go to WDW now.

Here is a little tip:

If you are spending your time at the WDW parks consider investing in the Park Hopper option, it will allow you to go back to your room and take a short little nap and refresh yourselves as it can get HOT during this time of year, after you guys can head back to the parks.

Other than that your plans are wonderful, Have a fantastic time!

how exciting that you are down to the final countdown!! I'm heading down there for a short trip (7/20-7/24) so my countdown is a bit longer...sounds like you're going to have a great time!

foreverbelle

Original Poster
Thanks guys!!

We are in the final days of preparing, we should be finished with the packing tonight!

I can't believe the week is just about here! I am actually making sure I grab my travel journal this time. I want to document everything through the eyes of a 2 yr old!

diddy_mouse

How exciting!! I'm sure this will be an amazing trip for you! Can't wait to see all your pictures and I your food choices sounds great!

And hello neighbor! :wave: My husband and I use to live near Chantilly so we are very familiar with Dulles. :D

foreverbelle

Original Poster
How exciting!! I'm sure this will be an amazing trip for you! Can't wait to see all your pictures and I your food choices sounds great!

And hello neighbor! :wave: My husband and I use to live near Chantilly so we are very familiar with Dulles. :D

Get out of town! Chantilly! My sister went to Chantilly high school..small small world.

plaz10

The trip sounds awesome! So excited to read the trip report. Your little one is absolutely adorable. Can't wait to see him meeting the characters! Have a great time!

Bri1121

Just reading your trip report!! I am basically at the same time out as you were when you wrote this! 16 days!! How did you get through it!! Ha! These next 2 weeks are going to drag on!

We also celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary this memorial day!!! We are having a child free night als and heading to the California Grill to celebrate!

Have fun! Can't wait to read your trip report!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom