How to Spot a Tourist???

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
yes they have... most UK guests I've dealt with are getting more and more stylish. Some are even matching their clothes now.

cloudboy

Some are even matching their clothes now.

Man. At least I used to be able to pretend to be from Britain. Now I'm actually goign to have to match my clothes! Do they make Geranimals for Grown-ups?

StevenT

Oh man those MyFlorida.com tags are ugly! I'm just glad I don't have one on my car yet.

How to pick a tourist out of the crowd? Even if you drive just like you do at home, I have come to the conclusion that northerners drive different than Floridians, even when they are at home. I'll be able to pick out out of the crowd when I pass you from the right lane of the interstate.

Out of a car you pick tourists out by watching for socks and sandals combo, shorts and jacket combo, sporty sunglasses usually accompanied by a sunglass strap and/or tropical shirt.

Most of all the orange glow of a tan in a bottle.

speck76

I like the oranges on the myflorida.com tag better than that on the older tag...which looks more like a peach. I am thinking of getting a specialty tag next year when I renew.

cloudboy

You mena you are NOT supposed to pass on the right?

And when was the last time you were able to pass a New Yorker. They aren't all over the road, they just tend to drive a little fast.

The easiest way to spot a northerner on the roads in Florida is by simply eliminating all those who are too old and small to see over the steering wheel of the huge Buick.

bgraham34

You could never pick me out. Its so funny i know my way around everywhere I go. People always ask me for directions. No matter where I am. My wife gets a kick out of it. Then when I am in Stores people always ask for help thinking i work there. I cant figure it out.

phlydude

cloudboy said:
You mena you are NOT supposed to pass on the right?

And when was the last time you were able to pass a New Yorker. They aren't all over the road, they just tend to drive a little fast.

The easiest way to spot a northerner on the roads in Florida is by simply eliminating all those who are too old and small to see over the steering wheel of the huge Buick.

You can tell who are the tourists when they take forever in the toll plazas becuase they can't figure out the currency (or didn't change pounds to dollars!) or don't have the money available and have to dig through the wife's purse!

SnowWhite5669

How about...

The large groups wearing the same t-shirts and following a woman with an umbrella...

Families who pack like they are going away for a week and are actually just visiting Magic Kingdom for the afternoon...

Dare I say... Fannypacks? :p

AriBelle23

I call the Hawaiian shirts vacation shirts. When I am playing in the parks and I see an exceptionally outrageous vacation shirt I take a picture. I have a whole vacation shirt collection. Is that sad? Probably. But that's okay. I always make sure I comment on the shirts too, especially when the entire family has the exact same bright Hawaiian print. Awww, it's cute. When I take my family to Disney World someday I am def going to go all out. pack and all! ....well, maybe not that far....but we're definitely gonna scream tourists!

phlydude

Using my pack, I lost a $50 traveler's cheque. Too many pockets and zippers that got everything confused. I dropped it in Fantasyland somewhere. From that point on out, I used the around the neck waterproof cases. That way I can see what I am looking for and know exactly where to grab it without pulling things out and having to put things back.

Good news was that there is AAA in the Expo hall and they were able to issue a replacement cheque.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom