How to get to the parks early

splashspacethunder

Original Poster
I've been on many trips, but my upcoming September trip will be the first time that I try to make it to the parks early. I have a few questions.
1. How early do you suggest I get to the parks? They have extra magic hours in the morning at every park except Epcot.
2. What mode of transportation should I use? I saw that the parking lots open thirty minutes before scheduled open, and the buses start running 30 minutes before scheduled open.
3. When do they open the doors? Is it around scheduled open or do they open a bit before?

splashspacethunder

Original Poster
1. I like to arrive about 40 minutes prior to opening.
2. Take the bus. They start earlier than that.
3. Often guests are let in and held at a certain point and are still let onto attraction a few minutes prior to the actual opening time.
Thanks so much. I will definitely take these into consideration. About how early do the buses start?

Rob562

I've heard 6 and 6:30 am but of course it will be sooner if the park is set to open at 6am.

Unless things have changes (and they often do), dedicated buses to each park start running 30-60 minutes before published opening (or published start of Extra Magic Hours). But before that, starting as early as 6am they have "character breakfast" buses that don't run on set routes. You get on, tell them where you need to get to, and they'll get you there.

With the 6am extra-early openings for Galaxy's Edge, it remains to be seen exactly what time transportation will start up to that park. (But I guess we'll find out in a little over a month)

-Rob

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Unless things have changes (and they often do), dedicated buses to each park start running 30-60 minutes before published opening (or published start of Extra Magic Hours). But before that, starting as early as 6am they have "character breakfast" buses that don't run on set routes. You get on, tell them where you need to get to, and they'll get you there.

With the 6am extra-early openings for Galaxy's Edge, it remains to be seen exactly what time transportation will start up to that park. (But I guess we'll find out in a little over a month)

-Rob
I have gotten on a bus at 7:30am with a regular park opening of 9am so 30 to 60 minutes prior does not make much sense in my experience over years of going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom