How to get MDE/MagicBand as offsite guest?

Christian Fronckowiak

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hello everyone-
I have a trip coming in over a month and would like to know how to go about setting up MDE and MagicBands as an offsite guest. We have not been to WDW since prior to FP+ but understand the new system. I'm simply looking for steps on getting the MB, setting up FP+ (are those two things nonexclusive to each other- setting up MDE without MB in hand?)

Either that or please redirect me to a thread that has already covered this topic. Thanks a bunch!

Rob562

A couple points:

-Anyone can (and should) set up a MDE profile.
-A MagicBand is not required to make FP+ reservations.

All you need to do to make FP+ reservations is to link your ticket to your MDE profile. If you don't have a Band, you'll use your park ticket to enter the park and check into your FP+ attractions.

If you *do* buy a MagicBand, you simply link it to your profile. If you buy it ahead of time, you enter its serial number into your MDE profile. If you buy it on-site they can link it to your profile at point of sale by scanning your ticket.

-Rob

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If you don't have your tickets yet, you'll be able to set up an MDE profile for each guest, but you won't be able to book FP+ until you have tickets associated with your account.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom