how to embed instagram videos

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
I tried and failed for a while to figure out how to embed a video from Instagram... even got on my laptop to do it, which there is actually a link to do so with on the main site. every time, this site says its not a unloadable video????

Is there a walk through on how to do this?
Thanks for the help!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You can't.

You'll have to download them by pinching the mp4 through the source code, then upload to one of the approved video format sites (like youtube or vimeo).

Want a walkthrough?

Give me an instagram link (different than the star wars dog) and I'll do some screenshots and show you how.

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
after following the link when clicked on the starwars dog vid you posted I figured it out!
thank you so much! I learn better sometimes when doing the steps backwards.
Is there anyway to make videos from insta work on a web page like that? or is that a lot of work when the workaround is that much easier?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
after following the link when clicked on the starwars dog vid you posted I figured it out!
thank you so much! I learn better sometimes when doing the steps backwards.
Is there anyway to make videos from insta work on a web page like that? or is that a lot of work when the workaround is that much easier?
You can snag the embed code for a webpage, but a forum like this isn't a strict "web page" as there's an engine that processes our posts and presents them in a specified format. So, it's not as simple as copying the source and pasting it.

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
Ok, after failing and failing and failing.... if you are willing and would be so kind to show me how to do this through screen shots, ill buy you drinks the next time we are near each other.... I got a video but you can do a random one. and take your time. too much LSD and Dead shows at a young age have killed my computer skills!
Thanks man!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ok, after failing and failing and failing.... if you are willing and would be so kind to show me how to do this through screen shots, ill buy you drinks the next time we are near each other.... I got a video but you can do a random one. and take your time. too much LSD and Dead shows at a young age have killed my computer skills!
Thanks man!

That's already embeddable. Give me an instagram you'd like me to show you how to shift over to youtube.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ok, here ya go.

First, go to the instagram feed you want.

Untitled11.jpg

Right click on the gray area (not the menus, comments or video itself) and choose "view page source".

Untitled12.jpg

Look for the video link. It will end in .mp4.

Untitled13.jpg

Highlight it the part inside the quotes, then right click to copy it.

Untitled14.jpg

Untitled15.jpg

Paste it in your URL bar and the video will pop up. The right click on the black portion (not on the video) and choose "Save Video As".

Untitled16.jpg

Untitled17.jpg

After it downloads, open the folder.

Untitled19.jpg

Then go to youtube (or video site of your choice where you have an upload account). Choose upload.

Untitled20.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled18.jpg
    Untitled18.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 31

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom