Pre-Trip How to avoid single riders in your Test Track Car - Max, the girls (AND THE BOYS!!) do Disney!

To all who come to this happy place , welcome, (and leave a few bucks in the bucket if you can spare it - this one's not going to cheap)

For those who do not know me - shame on you!

I am Max or AMJT660 or Andrew or Drew or to a few people I am Clarence
3A33CE72-808B-48B2-8AFF-D95881112116.jpeg

This is the Max Family (my DW Tricia (T) and my DD Stephanie (S) and Cassie (C))
1540768339120.png

And these are the new comers- Jordan(J) - who will officially join the family on Oct 5, 2019 ( yes - zoom in on Steph’s left hand)
587FD6A1-BCA6-46B3-A0D9-04D81224D8DD.jpeg

And Shane (SH) who has been in our lives a long time (more on that later) and has been dating Cassie since Feb2017)
ED3C6204-358E-430E-A653-DC91DA546541.jpeg

We are heading to the World on Dec 22 and flying back home on Dec 27. (yes - we are crazy - thanks for noticing)

More details to follow - thanks for following!!

Max

Editors note: my laptop and iPhone are not cooperating so I have to two step each post - so do not be surprised to see only text or only pictures for a few minutes until I can edit the post to complete it.

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Excitedly waiting and following!
I know why you are excited and waiting!!!! and its not because of this report!!!!
JK - glad that you are following but please remember that going into labor is not a viable excuse for not keeping up with my updates!
Looking forward to this.
I am glad that you are here and will try to keep it interesting
Following along! Can't wait to see what's to come!
Oh there could be some really cool stuff coming based on the two new members of the gang!!
A MAX TRIP REPORT COMING UP? DURING THE CHRISTMAS BREAK? :inlove::inlove::inlove:
yes yes Capslock intented :p
WHY ARE YOU YELLING? WHY AM I YELLING BACK? OH YEAH - WE ARE BOTH SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!
Yay! Following along! Congrats to S!
Thank you for the congratulations - Steph and Jordan are great for each other!
Geez - I go to Vienna for a day and a half of meetings and I almost miss seeing there is a Max PTR!
excuse me, Vienna, for a day and a half! - all I did was go to work and sleep and answer posts in my TR,
wow, my life sucks!!!
JK - Why were you in Vienna ? is this a ho hum regular thing?
Following along! Maybe some of our days will match up.
I hope we can - I will post day by day plan soon and we can PM to determine if it is possible

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm excited to read your review of the bed & breakfast! :hilarious:
I am excited too
It looks small and there are 6 of us.
The Airbnb rating is only 3.2 stars but it does say it is under new management
And there are onsite medical services
Because you never know when you might need a Doctor
Especially on your way to Disney.
;)
Max

Last edited:

Rista1313

Okay so time for the 5 Ws and the H

But everyone starts with Who so I will jump to where just to be - you know - different - special - Clarence!!

Where: So we are going to Central Florida to a small tourist attraction near Kissimmee.
Its pretty old, been there since the early seventies - yes - older than Disco
Maybe you heard of it?

So it has been 2 years since we have been to WDW at Christmas 2016

And this time we are have 6 adults so where to stay was a challenge.

We wanted to all stay at the same resort , close to the action and not toooooo expensive

We knew we needed more than one room - but even two seemed awkward.

Jordan and Shane know each other but staying the same room is different than hanging out

3 rooms at a Value was floated but reliance on the buses for a short trip (only 4 full days and 2 partials) did not appeal

So what did we decide?
View attachment 323180
The Dolphin!!

We have reserved a family room- it is essentially 1 room w/King and sitting area - with 2 adjoining rooms - each with a King - and all three have their own Bathroom and Fridge .

This is basically 3 couples as opposed to a family of 6 so this worked out great - and if you noticed Jordan is tall so getting him a King bed was a bonus

And the cost? - Just slightly more than 1 room at the Yacht Club ( where we stayed in 2014 and 2016 at Christmas)

I will need help with a few thing related to not being a Disney hotel but overall - can't beat the location at that price

Oh and we are flying out of Buffalo so I found this great Bed and Breakfast on Airbnb for the night before
View attachment 323181

More to come

Max

Yes!

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
WHO:
As mentioned in the title this is the first time the trip will include 6 people
So we are a perfect fit for Test Track - no stranger danger!!!

Me: For those who do not know me I have been a member here since 2008 but I lurked for quite a few years before (probably started in 2003) This is lucky 13 for WDW and 28 Disney park visit in total. I have been lucky enough to go to all 6 Disney resorts (thank you Toyota) and my first trip was a 3 day pass to Magic Kingdom in Florida in 1979. I was 13 - do the math - yes, I am old
And as most know - I AM CANADIAN!!! - I am sorry if that was too loud.
The name thing? - AMJT660 is my licence plate - Max is my nickname from University (from Maxwell), Drew is what most people call me, Andrew is my given name from my mother and Clarence is my given name from Roz (at Monsters Inc ride in Disneyland)
1540946989298.png

1540949312709.png

Last Disney trip - Nov 2017 - Shanghai
Last WDW trip - Dec 2016
Most looking forward to : Pandora and Flight of Passage

Tricia (T- Mom and DW)- She is a saint for putting up with me for 31 years - 27 of those being married. This is her 14th trip to WDW and 25 overall. She has been to Anaheim and Paris - well I sort of dragged her to the Paris one - she did not want to leave the city of lights at all.
Not a lot of single pictures of Tricia - she loves having here family together
1540947718815.png

Last Disney trip - Aug 2017 - DLR
Last WDW trip - Dec 2016
Most looking forward to: Having the whole group together in our happy place

Stephanie - DD23 - Music is her life (soulmate for @bee ) She completed her undergrad in Music Therapy at Acadia in Nova Scotia and is now pursuing her Masters in Music Therapy at Concordia in Montreal Quebec. This is her 10th trip to WDW and 21st Disney trip.
This is a copy picture of Steph and Mr Toad - she took the first one like it in 2005
1540947997907.png

Last WDW trip - Dec 2016
Most looking forward to: Being able to bring her fiance to Disney

Cassie (DD21) Cassie is hard core - everything!! She is extremely driven at school (finishing up 3rd year at Biomedical Engineering at U of Waterloo). She is also most like me at the parks - if I am the Jedi Master she is my padawan - and her skills will soon pass mine!!
She did all the ADR and FP+ bookings (IT Level 2!)
She is also going to WDW for the 10th time and when you add the 10 DLR and 1 DLP visits she too will be at 21 Disney trips.
This is another copy cat picture with the statues in Anaheim. We do this shot everytime.
1540948427236.png

Last WDW trip - Dec 2016
Most looking forward to: Pandora at night!!

Jordan: Stephanie's fiance as of end of April, They have been together for almost 4 years and met while at school (Acadia). He took one extra year to finish his dual degree and is now at McGill in Montreal (yes - they picked grad schools in the same city) and is studying Genetic Research. This is his FIRST TIME AT DISNEY!!! - YES - WE HAVE A NEWBIE - and for some crazy reason we are bringing him at Christmas . He is a huge Star Wars fan and has been studying hard on all things Disney -especially the Music (wonder why?)
At the Jays game a day after the proposal - Steph showing off the bling!
1540949399433.png

Last Disney trip - never
Last WDW trip - never
Most looking forward to: everything! - but mostly Star Wars

Shane - Cassie and Shane have been dating for just under two years. He goes to college near where we live and studies Computer Programming. But we have known Shane for a long time. Cassie and Shane were in the same Grade 1 class. He continued to be in the same school and classes with her up to Grade 8 when his family moved to the other end of our tri cities and they lost touch.
But here is the cool thing - Shane has had a crush on Cassie since Grade 1!! They reconnected around Cassie's Bday on FB and started dated. The crush never went away!
This is Shane back in grade school
1540949479757.png

Last Disney trip - 2010
Last WDW trip - 2010
Most looking forward to: everything! - Avatar - he watched the movie over 50 times when it came out - he will be teaching us!!

Well that is the crew!!

Max

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
excuse me, Vienna, for a day and a half! - all I did was go to work and sleep and answer posts in my TR, wow, my life sucks!!!
JK - Why were you in Vienna ? is this a ho hum regular thing?

Vienna's alot closer for me than for you (under 90 minutes flight)! I prefer however when the meeting is hosted closer to home and I can either drive to it or take a train. And although Vienna wasn't ho hum, the meeting kind of was this time. But the weather in Vienna was fantastic yesterday and after the meeting ended, we went to lunch and sat out on a terrace without coats on and then walked around for another hour until we had to head back to the airport - and once off the plane I had to pull out additional layers to keep me warm for the bus ride home ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom