Trip Report Completed: How to Avoid a Rebel Invasion: a dual August trip report

Hello all! It's pre-trip report time, title explanation to follow!

Who:
IMG_20171003_015252.jpg

That's all of us back in August of 2017 at Whispering Canyon Cafe.
From the left: SIL @NessNewt, myself with my younger niece E on my lap, mom C, bf P, my now middle child R, my oldest hiding his head T, with older niece L in front of him, and my brother Z. We're all going back and we're bringing this cutie:
B8.JPG

It's baby E's first trip! Well, outside the womb that is. Lol
Where: Pop Century for Me (K), P, baby E, C, R, and T
Coronado Springs for @NessNewt (V), Z, L and E
When: August 10-16 for Myself, P, baby E, C,R and T
August 14-21 for @NessNewt (V), Z, L and E
We're getting out before Star Wars Land opens and the masses flood the parks, hence the first part of our trip title. And @NessNewt and I will both be reporting, so it's kind of like 2 trips in one!

Last edited:

krisri18

Original Poster
What's the official packing timeline for everyone? We leave in 23 days and I've definitely got a pile going of what needs to be packed, but P seems to think it's too early for it. Meanwhile, I'm panicking cuz the packing list just for baby E is going to take up a whole darn suitcase...

Rista1313

What's the official packing timeline for everyone? We leave in 23 days and I've definitely got a pile going of what needs to be packed, but P seems to think it's too early for it. Meanwhile, I'm panicking cuz the packing list just for baby E is going to take up a whole darn suitcase...

Heck I've had a pile going since Feb.. 58 days left to go, and I was thinking about opening my suitcases!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member

I don’t think you’ll regret packing too early but you may regret packing too late. ;) I say go for it- especially with trip-specific stuff.

krisri18

Original Poster
Heck I've had a pile going since Feb.. 58 days left to go, and I was thinking about opening my suitcases!
I don’t think you’ll regret packing too early but you may regret packing too late. ;) I say go for it- especially with trip-specific stuff.
I'm thinking the sooner I start the better organized I'll be right? Lol

Dory71

Following along. We will be there August 10-13th dropping our daughter off for the Disney College Program. We have plans for AK on Sunday and Epcot Monday evening too! I have already started putting outfits aside...so no, it's not too soon!

krisri18

Original Poster
Following along. We will be there August 10-13th dropping our daughter off for the Disney College Program. We have plans for AK on Sunday and Epcot Monday evening too! I have already started putting outfits aside...so no, it's not too soon!
Say hello if you see us!

NessNewt

So cute!! We're like that too....we have a glue gun and I can do a basic stitch, but that's about it. Did you line the inside of the band with velvet ribbon? We saw a youtube video that suggested that, and we did that because in DLP I had a pair without that, and they kept blowing off in the wind. The velvet ribbon kind of grabs your hair, but not painfully.

I haven't done that. But the only time we've had problems is on rides (looking at you, BTMRR). The headbands I buy do have something sewn on the inside though, so maybe that's what "grabs" the hair. I appreciate the idea though!

TheMouseFan

We have 323 days until our trip next June to Universal and I already have a pile started! I am like that before every Disney trip too! I think I may have a problem!!

Songbird76

I started a bag over a year ago for our trip. We leave tomorrow. I put stuff that's specifically for Disney in the bag....pool shoes, ear plugs for the plane, etc. As I get stuff, I add it to the bags. Then I also make a list of stuff that I can't keep in the bags because we use them regularly, etc. That way, when I go to pack, I just tick down the list. It's so much faster for me.

krisri18

Original Poster
I started packing for my late August trip earlier this month. So far it's mostly trip-specific stuff that I likely/definitely won't use at home between now and then: MagicBands, swimsuits, pool sandals, Disney shirts, new package of socks, etc.
We have 323 days until our trip next June to Universal and I already have a pile started! I am like that before every Disney trip too! I think I may have a problem!!
I started a bag over a year ago for our trip. We leave tomorrow. I put stuff that's specifically for Disney in the bag....pool shoes, ear plugs for the plane, etc. As I get stuff, I add it to the bags. Then I also make a list of stuff that I can't keep in the bags because we use them regularly, etc. That way, when I go to pack, I just tick down the list. It's so much faster for me.
Clearly I'm way behind on packing compared to some of you! Lol

krisri18

Original Poster
10 days to go! Have I packed? Nope! I've got one suitcase started and it's all baby E's stuff. First priority is birthday party for R and L this weekend. Their bdays are only 4 days apart so we doing a combo family cookout to celebrate. I swear I'll pack after that!
Oh and this cutie is 7 months old today!
IMG_20190727_200116873.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom