Trip Report Completed: How to Avoid a Rebel Invasion: a dual August trip report

Hello all! It's pre-trip report time, title explanation to follow!

Who:
IMG_20171003_015252.jpg

That's all of us back in August of 2017 at Whispering Canyon Cafe.
From the left: SIL @NessNewt, myself with my younger niece E on my lap, mom C, bf P, my now middle child R, my oldest hiding his head T, with older niece L in front of him, and my brother Z. We're all going back and we're bringing this cutie:
B8.JPG

It's baby E's first trip! Well, outside the womb that is. Lol
Where: Pop Century for Me (K), P, baby E, C, R, and T
Coronado Springs for @NessNewt (V), Z, L and E
When: August 10-16 for Myself, P, baby E, C,R and T
August 14-21 for @NessNewt (V), Z, L and E
We're getting out before Star Wars Land opens and the masses flood the parks, hence the first part of our trip title. And @NessNewt and I will both be reporting, so it's kind of like 2 trips in one!

Last edited:

TheMouseFan

Congrats @krisri18 🎉🎉🎉🎉

When in June are you guys going to universal? We're looking into trips for our 10 year anniversary next June and it’s between Nashville and Universal!
We are staying at one of the official SeaWorld resorts on June 5 and will be at SeaWorld June 6, then transfer to Cabana Bay June 6-8 to visit Volcano Bay, then be at Hard Rock from June 8-13. I'm still trying to convince hubby to let me spend June 14 at a Disney resort to just enjoy the pool, but we'll see if that happens!

Last edited:

Longers

Can you get rid of the rain before I get there please?

Shame those Minnie pictures came out so dark the one kissing is adorable.

krisri18

Original Poster
Day 3 for my crew: (Tues the 13th)
Rest day! Thank goodness cuz we seriously all needed it! We all slept in, which means 7am for baby E and me. Lol we loaded up the laundry and headed for the bowling pin pool laundry room.... Which was closed 🤦. Off to the Hippy Dippy Pool laundry room! Nothing like hauling dirty clothes and an infant! We snagged the last 2 washers and then discovered that we needed scissors to open one of the detergent packets that I brought. Started the first washer and had to take the 2nd pile of clothes with me to the front desk to look for scissors. Finally got that going and C was up and hunting for coffee. So she joined us in the laundry room, we swapped the first batch to the dryer and went for a walk to check out the 70s and 80s sections.

I loved Who Framed Roger Rabbit when I was a kid!

We finished up my laundry, then went back for bathing suits and C, T and R's laundry. Bowling Pin Pool laundry was open but the operating machine wasn't functioning so we still couldn't use it. Back to Hippy Dippy! Pool time while the laundry is going!

Rista1313

Bummer about the bowling pin pool laundry! I hope they get it fixed by the time I get there! I'm hoping to stay in the 50's building...so I can be near that pool.... it was nice and peaceful when we were there last time!

MegRuss626

We are staying at one of the official SeaWorld resorts on June 5 and will be at SeaWorld June 6, then transfer to Cabana Bay June 6-8 to visit Volcano Bay, then be at Hard Rock from June 8-13. I'm still trying to convince hubby to let me spend June 14 at a Disney resort to just enjoy the pool, but we'll see if that happens!

Looks like we'll miss you if that’s where we end up going. Our anniversary is June 26th so we're looking towards the end of the month! I do keep referencing your TR to my husband when we’re discussing it...right down to staying at the Hard Rock!

TheMouseFan

Looks like we'll miss you if that’s where we end up going. Our anniversary is June 26th so we're looking towards the end of the month! I do keep referencing your TR to my husband when we’re discussing it...right down to staying at the Hard Rock!
I'm sure you will have a great trip wherever you decide to go! We love Hard Rock, it is just so convenient to have a 5 minute walk to the park!

susan lees

Day 2 cont.

After naps and showers, we braved the elements again for Epcot dinner reservations. C, T, and R headed to Rose and Crown. There waitress was Aimee, sorry @susan lees . In fact, there were ONLY waitresses, no waiters. They loved the food and R got a little birthday gift!
View attachment 398152
View attachment 398153

He was quite excited that he got to take it home! They hit up The Land next. T and R visited the farm ride while C somehow managed to use a MK multi experience FP for Soarin 🤷
Meanwhile, P, baby E and I arrived for our reservation at Coral Reef. Decor was a little 80s but we liked it. Baby E was well behaved for about 80% of the meal. That's a lot of sitting still! Thank goodness for Netflix and Little Baby Bum (he's obsessed)!
View attachment 398154
I'd go back just for this! The Chocolate Wave! Warm, gooey, flourless chocolate cake with a ganache and raspberry sorbet on top. Delicious!
We visited Nemo and Friends since we were right there, Baby E missed it all since he nursed through the ride. Then it was off to the character spot!
View attachment 398155
Baby E ❤ Characters!!!

He was loving on Mickey! Unfortunately all the pics of the 3 of us with Mickey have my we eyes closed 🙄. Goofy didn't have a photographer but the character handler took photos.
View attachment 398158
The nice family behind her made faces so E would smile!
For some reason all of our Minnie pics are super dark.
View attachment 398159
View attachment 398160
Love you Minnie!

We got in a ride on Spaceship Earth before we exited for the night. C and T had already left, but R stuck around for Mission Space and a couple of single rider rides on Test Track. It was a great, but rainy, day!
View attachment 398161
Thanks for looking out for him. I know he has met someone and they got a photo with him but he was so busy he did not get a name lol. Your photos are so cute. Great memories.

krisri18

Original Poster
It's been a busy weekend (family wedding and back to work) but I swear I'll get through it all before @NessNewt gets back!

So we left off on our rest day and the GF Cafe cutoff time. Here's a pic of my dessert to give you a clue whether we made it.

If you're thinking it looks a bit rustic for the GF,you'd be correct! There was no way we were going to make it there before they stopped seating for lunch. So instead I booked a last minute reservation for Whispering Canyon! We took the boat from the MK, which of course stopped at Fort Wilderness first and we were late to our reservation anyway...
Our server was Akira and she was the perfect blend of sassy/sarcastic/efficient! A 2pm lunch time means there were only a few tables occupied so way less shenanigans than our last visit but we still enjoyed our meal. When we finished, there was a bonus Characterpalooza in the lobby!

Peek a boo with Chip and Dale!

Baby E loves the characters!

There was also Mickey, Stitch and Smee! We'd met 2 out of the 3 of them already and Smee had to "go run an errand for Captain Hook". Very happy with our decision to switch dining locations!
Sidenote: we noticed TONS of cast members earning their ears this trip (I suspect that that's what the special character meet was about in the lobby, all of the handlers were earning except for 1). Plus, we saw several groups of young 20somethings being led around by management looking CMs. I'm guessing the next wave of college program recruits?
After our successful lunch (and way more full than we had planned to be), we headed out for the buses to pop over to Disney Springs!

Someone just Had to ring the bell, I figured @Tuvalu would approve 😁.
On the bus ride over we moved our dinner reservation at Raglan Road from 6:30 to 8. There was no way any of us was going to be able to eat again at 6:30!

krisri18

Original Poster
Definitely not going to be finished before @NessNewt gets back, since they fly home later today!

We wandered the Springs, visited World of Disney (got baby E the It's a Small World boat toy), then hit the Co-op where we had a paver ornament made for our engagement!
(Picture to follow since I was being all efficient and already put it with the other ornaments) We checked out the pin shop, then the Art of Disney store (P loves it in there) and bought a Stitch as the Hatbox Ghost print. We were killing time after that, waiting for our dinner reservation despite the fact that no one was hungry and R was actually not feeling that great (2.5 milkshakes at lunch will do that to you).

Baby E practicing his strutting.

We took a vote and decided to bail. I moved our Raglan Road to the following week, then cancelled the reservation. As much as I had been looking forward to trying it,there's no way I'd be able to fully enjoy it. We headed towards the buses, with a quick stop to pick up a drink for C and I to share.

The Froscato Mimosa from The Basket at Wine Bar George! This was even better than a Spiky Pineapple and I am a HUGE fan of the Spikey!
Back to Pop we went! We all went down to the bowling pin pool for a swim, much more relaxing at night without the blazing heat. Then bath for baby E and bed! Everyone else got food at the food court before crashing for the night. @NessNewt and her crew were arriving the next day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom