How to add another person to already set reservations??

Minnesota disney fan

Original Poster
We have our dining reservations set for our visit in February. However, we just found out that our daughter is going to visit for a few days while we are there. So, now I have to shuffle dates and times and possibly add another person to the already made reservations. On top of that, the Disney dining site won't work right, keeps going to "can't connect due to a long running script". What? I hit stop script but it starts all over again. How frustrating while trying to add a person and rearrange a couple of dates and times. It's a simple process, or should be, but Disney makes it almost impossible to do this with their deficient web site. Grrrr. rant over. I guess I could just call them, but don't have the time to sit on the phone for hours.
Can someone who has experienced trying to add another person or switch reservations please help me before I end up in the funny farm???? Thanks:)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Well, the main question is how many to how many. If going from say 3 to 4, it won't be a problem. 4 to 5 can be a big issue, as may 2 to 3. Calling is usually the best option. I've never waited hours on the phone with Disney, so not sure where you are getting that from.

Minnesota disney fan

Original Poster
Well, the main question is how many to how many. If going from say 3 to 4, it won't be a problem. 4 to 5 can be a big issue, as may 2 to 3. Calling is usually the best option. I've never waited hours on the phone with Disney, so not sure where you are getting that from.

Thanks for replying. We are going from 2 to 3 adults. I hear horror stories about people waiting a long time to talk with their telephone operators. One lady just told me she held on the phone for 45 to 50 minutes to add to a reservation. Why would 2 to 3 be a big issue??? thanks. obviously I've never had to deal with this before.

NYwdwfan

Thanks for replying. We are going from 2 to 3 adults. I hear horror stories about people waiting a long time to talk with their telephone operators. One lady just told me she held on the phone for 45 to 50 minutes to add to a reservation. Why would 2 to 3 be a big issue??? thanks. obviously I've never had to deal with this before.
It's an issue because a two person reservation is at a table for 2. Adding a 3rd makes it a table for 4 and they may not have any available. They can't just "pull over a chair" due to fire and building codes. Your best bet is to call - like the prior poster I've never waited long either.

Minnesota disney fan

Original Poster
It's an issue because a two person reservation is at a table for 2. Adding a 3rd makes it a table for 4 and they may not have any available. They can't just "pull over a chair" due to fire and building codes. Your best bet is to call - like the prior poster I've never waited long either.

Ah,,got it. Thanks for the info. Hope I never have to do this again!

NYwdwfan

Ah,,got it. Thanks for the info. Hope I never have to do this again!
Depending on the restaurant it may or may not be a big deal. If they can't accommodate on the phone, try going online and searching for restaurants that have availability. You may need to switch things around a bit - make an ADR for 3 somewhere else and cancel the 2 and then check frequently to see if a 3 opens up at your original choice. Good luck!

Minnesota disney fan

Original Poster
Depending on the restaurant it may or may not be a big deal. If they can't accommodate on the phone, try going online and searching for restaurants that have availability. You may need to switch things around a bit - make an ADR for 3 somewhere else and cancel the 2 and then check frequently to see if a 3 opens up at your original choice. Good luck!

thank you, that all makes sense:)

21stamps

I've called Disney maybe 25 times in the past month. I've never waited on hold anywhere near that amount of time.

Give them a call, it's easier.

21stamps

:rolleyes: of course you have lol
Yes, I'm crazy. I know. In my defense I did totally switch around a trip that had been booked back in March...lol Your input has been almost better than the phone reps! What's worse is that I have a TA, but I kept calling to check availability and prices..I'm way too much of a control freak to let someone else do that legwork.

Plus, they can check dining availability for an entire week...the website and app don't allow that.

Courtney6682

Yes, I'm crazy. I know. In my defense I did totally switch around a trip that had been booked back in March...lol Your input has been almost better than the phone reps! What's worse is that I have a TA, but I kept calling to check availability and prices..I'm way too much of a control freak to let someone else do that legwork.

Plus, they can check dining availability for an entire week...the website and app don't allow that.

I totally understand friend! I have OCD....I like plans lol

dreamfinder

Going from 2-3 you would really end up needing to make new bookings. You go from a 2 top to a 4 top, so it's fairly drastic difference in terms of seating/tables required.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Going from 2-3 is generally not too much of a big deal to do even without modifying the reservation. It is easier to go from 3-4, but 2-3 is till pretty doable.

2 top tables at most of Disney restaurants are pretty rare resulting in many parties of 2 will being sat at a 4 top.

I would go ahead and change what you can, but if there are some that you can't change, I would try it at the podium. We have done this a number of times without issue. Just have a backup plan in case you are told no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom