How the Jungle Cruise Movie Has Already Affected The Jungle Cruise

Rich T

It looks like a potential hit. I was frankly hoping for a smaller, more character-oriented comedy focusing on the ride’s queue backstory and having an ensemble of skippers trying to keep the world’s most incomptent touring company afloat....

But, eh, this looks like it could be fun. At least the logo hits home.

mickEblu

Reminded me of The Mummy or an Indiana Jones sequel. I think I'm getting old because everything in pop culture these days just strikes me as "been there, done that". This has all happened before and will happen again.....

yeah this is pretty much how I feel. It feels a lot like the Mummy which I loved back then. I’m just surprised that I already feel like I’ve seen everything under the sun in my 30’s. Hollywood not being able to make an original movie probably has something to do with it. Well, maybe I shouldn’t say original movie. More like original blockbuster, Action/ Adventure type movie.

D.Silentu

It's interesting, the trailer had me for a good thirty seconds or so. I love a good 30/40's era adventure yarn and we don't get many movies like that. Then they show that our male lead is running the Jungle Cruise that we know and love. Only he seems to be bilking well to do Europeans, leading them on a phony adventure. I'm struggling with the subtextural connotations here.

VJ

i, too, do not plan to see it or otherwise pay attention to it in any way, shape or form, but will rant about how bad it is on the internet anyway

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I wouldn't put it past them to have the Rock record a Jungle Cruise spiel, and have them just play that each ride instead of having the skipper do the spiel.
Oh you know to promote the movie they are going to have the rock surprise jungle cruise riders by having him be a surprise skipper for a day or something and take people on the ride. like when they had depp play jack on the actual pirates ride. mark my words, the rock will be driving a jungle curise boat around adventureland to promote the film.

TROR

Oh you know to promote the movie they are going to have the rock surprise jungle cruise riders by having him be a surprise skipper for a day or something and take people on the ride. like when they had depp play jack on the actual pirates ride. mark my words, the rock will be driving a jungle curise boat around adventureland to promote the film.
I'll double this and add the Rotten Tomatoes score will be high 40%.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom