How tall is the drops on Tower of Terror?

Winter

Original Poster
Probably a stupid question, but, how long is the drops on the Tower of Terror? I've never been on it, but I want ro know what the length of them are in case I ever do go on it.

graphite1326

Hard question to answer. Sometimes short, sometimes long. The advertise 13 stories but I think it's more like 2 - 4 stories. Maybe someone here has more precise information on this than I.

Sometimes you drop 3 times sometimes 4. Sometimes you go up higher than others. However it seems every time you end up at the open window. Every time it is different.

crxbrett

I believe it is a 13 story drop. However, the ride has a random drop sequence that changes every time you go on it. So one time you may get a series of small 3-5 story drops and sometimes you might get 2 7, 8-story drops and 1 long 13-story drop. It's totally random. The big drop is the best, though.

graphite1326

I believe it is a 13 story drop. However, the ride has a random drop sequence that changes every time you go on it. So one time you may get a series of small 3-5 story drops and sometimes you might get 2 7, 8-story drops and 1 long 13-story drop. It's totally random. The big drop is the best, though.
There ya go crxbrett explained it better than I.

graphite1326

Actually the build up makes me more nervous than the free fall. Once the falling starts it's not that bad and just a lot of fun.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

Actually that's not true. There's 4 different drop profiles and they're chosen at random.

crxbrett

Yeah, but what is the highest and shortest amount the drops could possibly be?

I've been on quite a few times where there was never a real big drop at all and would say all the drops were 50ft or less. But then I have experienced a drop sequence where you shoot pretty much all the way to the top and then freefall the full 130ft.

It's s a total crap shoot and unfortunately there isn't any way to know or predict which one you will get beforehand.

Have you watched any youtube videos to sort of get a sense of how the ride sounds and feels? I know it is hard to see on videos, but maybe it will help you kind of gauge the fear factor and anticipation if you hear how long the ride takes and the the different drop sequences. Don't force yourself to go on it if you have a major fear of drops. But to be honest, you can't really see much around you, so you never feel like you are up that high, despite freefalling (or being pulled down really) down the elevator shaft.

Try asking people on here if they were ever fearful and ended up riding it and loved it. That usually helps convince someone if they are on the fence.

Let us know what happens and if you go on it! And if you do, let us know how you liked it! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom