How strict is the cruise line on ages for the kids clubs?

happymom52003

I noticed that on the cruises there is the Oceaneer's Club for ages 3-7, and the Oceaneer's Lab for ages 8-12. Our kids will be 5 and 8 at the time we sail, and I know they will want to be together. Is there any chance they will let the 8 year old go to the Oceaneer's Club, or are they strict with the age 7 limit? Anyone have any experience with this? I am hoping that they make exceptions for siblings who want to stay together.

Disneyfalcon

I noticed that on the cruises there is the Oceaneer's Club for ages 3-7, and the Oceaneer's Lab for ages 8-12. Our kids will be 5 and 8 at the time we sail, and I know they will want to be together. Is there any chance they will let the 8 year old go to the Oceaneer's Club, or are they strict with the age 7 limit? Anyone have any experience with this? I am hoping that they make exceptions for siblings who want to stay together.

They do make exceptions. They won't do it until you are in the terminal, or on the ship, but go talk to the counselors. They'll try to help if there is space to move the kids around.:)

Upvote 0

happymom52003

Original Poster
Thank you! That is good to hear. I'm sure I'll have a zillion more questions. It is not our first cruise, but it is our first time on the Disney Cruise Line, as well as the first time we will have our kids with us on a cruise.

I am sooo excited!! And the kids have no idea....we are going to trick them like we did last summer (we spent a few days at Vero Beach, and then when they thought we were going to the airport to go home we went to WDW). This time we are doing WDW first, then going on the cruise...but we are keeping the cruise part a secret! My son has the Travel Channel special about the Disney cruise saved on the DVR and watches it all the time...it is his dream to go on a Disney cruise...lol!

Upvote 0

rileyspaw

When we did our cruise our daughter-in-law signed our granddaughter up for club activities at the service desk in the terminal before boarding the WONDER. The girl at the desk was very cooperative and I'm sure will be helpful in giving you what you want. Remember DISNEY is in the business of making MAGIC and they aim to please!:king:

Upvote 0

HS0411

They do make exceptions. They won't do it until you are in the terminal, or on the ship, but go talk to the counselors. They'll try to help if there is space to move the kids around.:)

As a former Crew Member, I second this. Youth Activites are usually good at working with you. Kids can be moved down, but never up. Just ask when you first board the ship. Also once a move like that happens, it's permanent.

Personally though, I would try and see if they are willing to try to go at it alone. They are activities that the 8-9s will do, that the 5-7s will not. It's been a while, so I forget exactly, so you may want to inquire about that as well.

Youth Activities is one of the most amazing departments on the ship. Hopefully your kids will love the counselors almost as much as I do!

Any other questions, just ask me!

Upvote 0

Phonedave

As a former Crew Member, I second this. Youth Activites are usually good at working with you. Kids can be moved down, but never up. Just ask when you first board the ship. Also once a move like that happens, it's permanent.

Personally though, I would try and see if they are willing to try to go at it alone. They are activities that the 8-9s will do, that the 5-7s will not. It's been a while, so I forget exactly, so you may want to inquire about that as well.

Youth Activities is one of the most amazing departments on the ship. Hopefully your kids will love the counselors almost as much as I do!

Any other questions, just ask me!

I will second that. I had moved my older down so she could be with he sister. Later she met some older kids and found out what they were doing in the other club. She wished she could have gone with them.

As it is, my kids rarely spend any time in the kids clubs anyway. In fact, last cruise (when they were 8 and 10) I didn't even sign them up. Although for our cruse in 2012, my oldest is excited about the "tweens" club, so I am sure she will want to go in that.

-dave

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom