How scary is Mission Space?

alice

Original Poster
i'm a wimp.

i don't like scary rides like rollercoasters, space/splash mtn, tower of terror, etc. or other rides that make you feel like you have no control and something bad is about to happen... the farthest i go is like dinosaur in ak and the goofy barnstormer in toontown.

is mission space scary? i think it looks really cool and i was really looking forward to it until i saw that commercial where the kids trick their parents into going on it and it looks bad! and now all of this talk about barf bags!

can someone please give me a detailed description of what is actually involved and how it makes you feel???

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by WDWspider
I think Dinosaur is scarier than most of them you DON'T ride. :lol:

Exactly!

It's a shame you won't ride Splash Mountain! It's a whole lot of fun and the drop just seems scary.... It's really quite a lame drop! The rest of the ride is top notch!

alice

Original Poster
dinosaur

it's scary for kids maybe, but not physically unsettling, just bumpy. you know how on like space mountain it feels like you might fly out of your seat or your car might come off of the track? that's what i don't like in a ride. at least on dinosaur you're safe on the ground.

DisneyFan 2000

Re: dinosaur

Originally posted by alice
it's scary for kids maybe, but not physically unsettling, just bumpy. you know how on like space mountain it feels like you might fly out of your seat or your car might come off of the track? that's what i don't like in a ride. at least on dinosaur you're safe on the ground.

The reason for that is it's old age.... Funny how I think that effect is the BEST part! You can still enjoy Splash Mountain! You never feel a bumpy ride!

(That is only reason it ranks #1 on my coaster list, along with Hulk)

alice

Original Poster
no i don't mind the bumpy ride. i don't like drops or feeling like i'm going to fall. does m:s just feel like something pushing you up or what? i'm trying to find out what it's like and if i would like it.

Sir Hiss527

M:S is not scary at all, if you don't like coasters/drops. This ride is perfect for you. I'm gonna go do it tommorrow, and also to see Sandy Patty...

"SHOUT FOR JOY":sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

This has to do with M:S. Ok you know at the end when like you think your about to go over the edge? Are the G's giving you that feeling, or is it actually tilting you forward?

WDWspider

Based on what you say, you should like M:S.

However, I am no kid, but I still find Dinosaur scary.... maybe it was that left front seat that did it. :lol:

alice

Original Poster
i don't know if it's the g's. i guess i will know if i feel that. if it's just something pushing you up really fast, i should be ok. but i don't understand why people are throwing up? :hurl: if you don't go round and round or upside down, what's the problem? also, how do you land? do you come back down really fast?

DisneyFan 2000

The ride ends on Mars.... People throw up because there is spinning in the vehicle, which you shouldn't feel if you look at the screen... Some people simply think they're Superman!:brick:

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by WDWspider
However, I am no kid, but I still find Dinosaur scary.... maybe it was that left front seat that did it. :lol:

That is THE SCARIEST ride ever! You should see how my photo turned out!

BeachClubVillas

I'm kinda confused on all the people getting sick too. Is the ride itself actually spinning, or is it just the screen around you, like in Body Wars and Star Tours, just on a more intense level?

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by BeachClubVillas
I'm kinda confused on all the people getting sick too. Is the ride itself actually spinning, or is it just the screen around you, like in Body Wars and Star Tours, just on a more intense level?

The ride DOES spin... But if you look towards the screen it shouldn't feel this way!

Some people just like to see what all the warning signs are about! :rolleyes:

alice

Original Poster
spinning

yeah! what spins??? i like the star wars and body wars things! i can handle that cuz there's nothing pulling you out of your seat. is it like that? oh i hope i like it! i wanna ride it so bad!

Bill

Account Suspended
Mission Space is a spinning ride. But you're not facing forward, you're facing inward. And you don't even feel like you are spinning. You only feel ther g-force and the turning from side to side. It's an excellent ride, but it's NOT scary. Heck, DINOSAUR is scary for me!:lol: You really need to try it! In fact, try every thrill ride at Disney at least once. And if you close your eyes on any thrill ride, you're only making it worse! And if you close your eyes on Mission: SPACE, you'll make yourself sick.:lol: That's where all the "upset stomachs" come in! LOL

The Mom

Premium Member
You DO NOT go upside down. Yes, you ARE spinning, but unless you look around the blinders you won't know it from the ride itself. (I KNOW the ride spins, but the sensation is that of a lift-off.) That's when people who have no history of motion sickness get into trouble; they don't follow the directions. If you DO have motion sickness, your inner ear is still going to know you're spinning, and you'll get sick. That's the problem my husband had; I didn't have ANY sensation of spinning, so thought he would be OK, whereas we both know that the teacups, Primeval Whirl, etc ARE spinning, so he avoids them.

As many people have posted, it's not a good idea to ride it right after eating.

You are securely harnessed in your seat, so there is no sensation that you are going to fall, if that's what you're concerned about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom