How rude Inappropriate photo on photopass plus

Runmyhorse

Original Poster
Ok so we just back from our trip from Disney World.This was our first time in purchasing the photopass plus. I always say I'm gonna buy the ride pictures, but end up never having the money. We had a pretty great time minus a few set backs. One of the major ones being that we went to AK on Thursday. My daughter and I ride Everest. She is 12 almost 13. She pretty much loves to see her pictures at the end of the rides. So after we ride we walk over to get our picture number (Ash was very excited this trip to finally get her pictures from the rides this year). I asked the lady (who alrdy looked like she did not want to be at work) for the number and if I could get that one put on my PPP. She looked at it and said they would have to pull it up and see if it was inappropriate. I was like OK. It struck me that maybe it was my shirt seeing as how I lost weight and it didn't fit right, but you couldn't see anything so I ask the lady why it would be considered inappropriate. She told me that pose my daughter did could be considered as INAPPROPRIATE. So I look at the picture thinking she must see something I don't. My daughter had done her famous ROCK STAR pose. where she is throwing up her hands in the rock star way( not real sure how to describe it) and sticking her tongue out. Something I'm sure most kids do. Ashley was so upset.She thought she had done something wrong and was about to get kicked out of the park. She wanted to just leave and not get her picture. I told her No we are getting it she had done nothing wrong.She was so upset. My daughter wears her feelings on her sleeves and she took it as She was being bad and Inappropriate. She started to tear up. I was so mad I didn't even get the lady's name. I went over and got my picture and I'll try to post it on here when I get it on PPP. The rest of the trip Ashley never did her pose that she has done 8. She still is upset over this. =( If at my daughter's age if all she is doing is throwing up Rock star then I'm happy. LOL. What really gets me though is how could and older lady who works for DISNEY say this to a little girl. I mean I found it rude and as her words very INAPPROPRIATE. I see pictures all the time of people flipping camera off or flashing. I could understand if it was that. This to me was a huge disappointment to me. It really messed up the rest of the trip and I was lucky we only had the one day left. I told my daughter that we had paid to enjoy her time. I had a heavy heart after every ride that took pictures she would ask me do you think I did anything inappropriate on that photo. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen? I will also be contacting DIsney about this matter.

Britt

WOW. I absolutely agree, she really should have chose her words more carefully in front of your DD. Even if she just kind of whispered to you or something.

Poor girl...I would for sure have a talk with her, encouraging her individuality and that sometimes people are having a bad day and dont mean things to come off as harsh as they do sometimes. I'd start asking her to DO that pose for you. My boys LOVE making silly faces, so, if you see my trip report, I have a bunch of "pretty face" pics followed up by one of them making WHO KNOWS what face or pose. LOL I'll treasure those forever...I know once they hit a certain age, they'll be to old to look silly in pics. lol.

Runmyhorse

Original Poster
I can see if I can find one for you to compare to. It really was. I just more feel sorry for Ash. She just didn't get why they would think that. =( I mean at 12 almost 13 I'm sure kids have done worse.

Runmyhorse

Original Poster
WOW. I absolutely agree, she really should have chose her words more carefully in front of your DD. Even if she just kind of whispered to you or something.

Poor girl...I would for sure have a talk with her, encouraging her individuality and that sometimes people are having a bad day and dont mean things to come off as harsh as they do sometimes. I'd start asking her to DO that pose for you. My boys LOVE making silly faces, so, if you see my trip report, I have a bunch of "pretty face" pics followed up by one of them making WHO KNOWS what face or pose. LOL I'll treasure those forever...I know once they hit a certain age, they'll be to old to look silly in pics. lol.

I so agree. I mean I love her silly faces and I treasure them all.

Californian Elitist

Wow, I'm very sad to hear this. I hope your daughter feels better. I've never experienced this. Then again, I've only been on Disneyland's Splash Mountain. Her pose on DL's Splash would have been just fine. Guests are allowed to do all kinds of things on Splash.

Here are a couple of silly ones:

splash-mountain-gamecube.jpg

funny-splash-mountain-sign.jpg

funny-splash-mountain-extreme-checkers1-800x500.jpg

97dfecbf1265c1be53c2595f1c3def05-beer-pong-on-splash-mountain.jpg

Clear examples of how you should be able to express yourself on Splash. If Disneyland allows this, so should MK. Tell your daughter she can do whatever kind of pose she wants! I would have complained.

Runmyhorse

Original Poster
could you post it. i know disney has a policy, but this pose seems so innocent. i am sorry this happened.
I guess the correct way to describe it would be she is sticking her tongue out and her hands up in the air with her pointer finger and pinky sticking up. Im looking to see if I can find a picture

maryszhi

I guess the correct way to describe it would be she is sticking her tongue out and her hands up in the air with her pointer finger and pinky sticking up. Im looking to see if I can find a picture
you should def. write them. my friends and i have done this in some and have never gotten in trouble. but this i mean the rockstar pointer finger and pinkie in the air

I_heart_Tigger

I did have a Splash Mountain photo not show up on my last trip but it wasn;t because we did the rock-n-roll devil horns pose it was because people behind us were stranging each other.

They apologozed for our photo not coming up and walked us through the exit and let us go right back on the ride with a log to ourselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom