HOW PRICE INCEASED IN A YEAR!

yensid67

I have been doing my planning for an upcoming trip in 2025 or 2026 and decided to start watching the way the prices increase year to year. Here is what I found in just 1 year for 1 person!

On July 17, 2020
1 PERSON: 3 DAY DISNEY, AMTRAK, CLARIONLBV, CAR...$1291.58
2 PERSON: SAME AS ABOVE...$1885.62/$942.81-PERSON($47.15- 20 month savings)

On April 8, 2021
1 PERSON: 3 DAY DISNEY, AMTRAK, CLARIONLBV, CAR...$1391.38(an increase of $99.80)
2 PERSON: SAME AS ABOVE...$1995.79/$997.90-PERSON($49.90- 20 month savings)

On July 11, 2021
1 PERSON: 3 DAY DISNEY, AMTRAK, CLARIONLBV, CAR...$1824.23(price increase of $532.65 since last July and $432.85 since April 2021)
2 PERSON: SAME AS ABOVE...$2492.22/$1246.11- PERSON($62.31- 20 month savings)

For one person, its a little high, but you can see if 2 share the total costs it is more manageable for both.

My 20 Month Savings Plan explained...
**I will plan my vacation for 1-2 years out
**I give my self 20 months to save the trips costs
****THIS IS IMPORTANT PART OF THE PLANNING: I give my plan a 3 month pay off date...
For example...
My trip is scheduled for September 10-18...my PAID IN FULL DATE IS JULY 1st!
**This way if something comes up in those 20 months that throws a wrench into your savings(an unexpected bill), this give you a few months to make sure your trip is paid for on time BEFORE September!

Just my way to save for a trip!
Maybe it will help someone
Or maybe you can offer more advice to my plan for others!

drizgirl

The last thing I want to do is make excuses for the crazy high prices on things lately. But comparing to last summer, just as places were starting to open really isn't a fair comparison. They were trying to entice people to travel then.

Upvote 0

StarshipDisney

I am not even sure I understand your trip. Is this accurate?

1) You travel to Disney by Amtrack. (How far?)
2) 3-day Disney Tickets
3) Staying at "CLARIONLBV". Not sure what that is.
4) Renting a car.

Just curious to know what the pricing is based on.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
I am not even sure I understand your trip. Is this accurate?

1) You travel to Disney by Amtrack. (How far?)
2) 3-day Disney Tickets
3) Staying at "CLARIONLBV". Not sure what that is.
4) Renting a car.

Just curious to know what the pricing is based on.
1- We would have to travel to a nearby city...catch train to DC then to Kissimmee. Same amount of time....leave at 11am and arrive 10am the next day. $269/person round trip
2- 3 park days
3- Clarion Inn(now Rosen Inn) Lake Buena Vista(LBV)
4- Renal Car- 2021 price- $592.10/week Old Town Pick up and Drop off(DOES NOT INCLUDE CAB RIDE TO AND FROM TRAIN STATION- $50ish)

prices were based on current last July 2020 and 2021

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
1- We would have to travel to a nearby city...catch train to DC then to Kissimmee. Same amount of time....leave at 11am and arrive 10am the next day. $269/person round trip
2- 3 park days
4- Renal Car- 2021 price- $592.10/week Old Town Pick up and Drop off(DOES NOT INCLUDE CAB RIDE TO AND FROM TRAIN STATION- $50ish)

If you get a "renal car," do you have to sell one of your kidneys?

Upvote 0

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
2- 3 park days

Curious about the rental car. Factoring in a tank of gas you’re over $600. I don’t know your travel patterns once there but I’d think you may save some money and stress by looking at ride share.

Upvote 0

John park hopper

Took Amtrak from Charleston SC to West Palm Beach when my mom passed away with stops in Orlando Believe it would be the same train you would catch in DC. Unless Amtrak has cleaned up it's act it was a horrible experience. The restrooms on the train were absolutely filthy (won't go into detail) and were not cleaned the entire trip. Seats were were not comfortable. The only way I would do it again is reserve a sleeper car (expensive).

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

I hate to drive but I hate Amtracks drive to the train even worse. Air travel to me is like a time machine; it saves time and I love it. In the case of WDW, when you get there, you can choose to rent a car for more control.

It’s too bad the Magical Express is going away, but Mears will likely bring back the same service they had before the Magical Express existed.

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
If you were unaware, there's a little issue that's caused disruption in the supply of goods and services. That issue along with the printing of more unbacked currency as a "stimulus" has increased inflation but has not addressed the supply chain issues. Expect to pay more for less.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
Wait, you're planning a trip that won't take place until 4 or 5 years down the road? Bold.
Simple Reasoning...

Most of the gusts are on Disability or Limited Income and having a price point NOW is helpful so we can start saving now and have 3/4's of the money we need before 1 year out...then we can save the rest in the year leading up to our trip!
There is a madness to my thinking that makes sense...sometimes! ;)

Upvote 0

ELG13

Took Amtrak from Charleston SC to West Palm Beach when my mom passed away with stops in Orlando Believe it would be the same train you would catch in DC. Unless Amtrak has cleaned up it's act it was a horrible experience. The restrooms on the train were absolutely filthy (won't go into detail) and were not cleaned the entire trip. Seats were were not comfortable. The only way I would do it again is reserve a sleeper car (expensive).
I feel like the flu ght out of Orlando are no better. We usually drive but got great prices to fly due to covid and .....whew. leaving my home town was beautiful but damn. The Orlando airport is so crowded and DISGUSTING. I've been in plenty of airports foreign and domestic and it was the worst I've seen.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom