How often do you change your plans?

Marc Levin

Booked our 7 day April trip last September, booked all our ADRs at the 180 days mark, all our fast pass +'s at the 60 day mark, felt smug about myself for having got everything organised, annnnnd .... it's now little under a month to go and I must have changed them all around completely at least 3 or 4 times, in addition to countless regular minor tweaks, as I keep refining the plans and changing my mind about which park / venue to do on certain days, what times to do rides / meals / events, when to factor in resort time (I'm the only one doing the planning). It's like fine tuning an agenda for a business trip! The amount of research and what I can only call "vacation design" I've put into this is absolutely crazy when I stop to think about it.

I mean heck, I've even joined a discussion forum about WDW! :D

This got me wondering, is there anybody out there that actually plans everything once and sticks to it or do you too have to keep going back to alter the ADRs and fast passes until they're perfect until the very last moment like me?

Last edited:

dmatt87

Actually added a character breakfast ADR last night, just because it was available and it was something I wanted to book initially. DW will be surprise once she sees what the final plan is - and she just wants to know on a day per day basis...

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

That's kind of what I do. I'll get on these boards a month before I can do ADR's and start asking people about their experiences to help me decide.

Well it also helps ( and gets easier ) after you've been on multiple visits. You get to know the things you prefer and the things you dont find worth doing. There are some restaurants we've tried and just continued to have bad meals or service and now don't even consider them anymore on our to do lists. Same thing with attractions, there are some that are done every trip, multiple times and others we just walk on by and don't bother wasting our time.

Upvote 0

Roakor

Most of the dinner ADRs I don't change at all once made, mainly be cause we tend to hit the more popular adrs and its near impossible to get other times. As to fass passes, shows and other plans. Those change a lot. Next time we go though we are going to skip nearly all the big dinner ADRs, maybe only have 1 or 2 at most, and just do counter service. We spend so much time trying to plan things around the dinner ADRs we wanted to have a more flexible schedule for a change.

Upvote 0
Me! Me! Me! I just changed our entire hotel situation around. I'm not touching which days we do which parks, though. I know getting Asherkus, Ohana, and Be Our Guest on different days would be too difficult. I have swapped out other dining reservations.

Planning it is half the fun! It meets needs I never knew I had... ;)

Upvote 0

contrariwise

I don't change trip dates, and I don't change hotel/accommodations.

I book ADRs at the first moment possible, and will change around a few of those pre-trip. Same with FPs. I don't think I have ever switched around planned park days pre-trip. And I definitely think about moving things around more than I actually do move things around.

However, the middle of the trip is when my family starts to come up with all kinds of ideas of their own - despite being asked their opinions constantly during trip planning! After so many trips, I know it's coming. Last trip, I was able to switch around 2 park days, including ADRs and FPs the day before. That was dicey, but I pulled it out.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom