How much will a Disneyland ticket cost when it reopens on April 30th?

How much for a one day ticket?

• $120

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • $125 (2020 DLR Tier 3)

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • $130

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $140 (2020 DLR Tier 4)

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • $150

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • $155 (2020 DLR Tier 5)

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • $175

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • $200

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the.dreamfinder

Original Poster
For simplicity, this poll assumes, like WDW, that there will be no park hopping at first when Disneyland and Disney California Adventure reopen. So what are your guesses for what a one day-one park adult ticket will cost?

Figments Friend

I voted $175, as it seems the valid choice from a marketing standpoint.

Just like the famous '$19.95 price', to keep consumers from seeing '$20.00'....$175 seems in line to avoid the visual of $200.

It's also 'justified' in consumers minds since many just paid $75 for the shopping / dining Festival over at DCA.
$100 more and you can do that at Disneyland too....and maybe a few other things as well.

;)

-

CaptinEO

I voted $175, as it seems the valid choice from a marketing standpoint.

Just like the famous '$19.95 price', to keep consumers from seeing '$20.00'....$175 seems in line to avoid the visual of $200.

It's also 'justified' in consumers minds since many just paid $75 for the shopping / dining Festival over at DCA.
$100 more and you can do that at Disneyland too....and maybe a few other things as well.

;)

-
I'd say 175 as well. With the limited capacity it's probably what they'll end up charging. They will have a lot of front loaded demand at the very least for the first month and can adjust accordingly.

I think it's important to understand that Disneyland isn't the only thing that's reopening next month. Disney will have competition so they can't get TOO aggressive. However 175 a ticket at opening per park and maybe a 300 dollar reopening special event day ticket is something I see them doing.

fctiger

Not to defend them, but that's not far off of what it was before.

I mean it's crazy it got this high in the first place. At most these tickets should be around $80-90 tops. You look at every international Disney theme park worldwide, they are all under $100. Tokyo Disney Resort are nearly half the price for their peak period ticket and you get a much better quality experience all around. It cost around $85 to go to TDR on the weekends and holidays and that is their most expensive ticket. It's sickening DCA cost more to enter than TDS lol. Just bonkers.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

1616100640113.png

mickEblu

$175!? No way. At those prices they better not be kicking us out of the park at 4pm and letting group B in. I’m saying full day tickets, no park hopping max $125

Stevek

Given that WDW opened up with normal pricing (I believe) and reduced capacity, I want to believe that Disney will follow suit out here. Call me optimistic...or naive.

DCBaker

Premium Member
For what it's worth, the LA times is reporting this -

"Disney and Universal Studios Hollywood officials said single-day ticket prices at their parks are expected to be in line with last year’s prices."

Darkbeer1

For what it's worth, the LA times is reporting this -

"Disney and Universal Studios Hollywood officials said single-day ticket prices at their parks are expected to be in line with last year’s prices."

"In Line", less than double.....

Figments Friend

Given that WDW opened up with normal pricing (I believe) and reduced capacity, I want to believe that Disney will follow suit out here. Call me optimistic...or naive.
Yep.
When WDW reopened, admission pricing was the same as it was pre-closing.
Even with much shorter hours, no live entertainment / shows , lots of restrictions, no park hopping, and some Attractions / dining closed WDW still charged a full days admission.

People paid it regardless of the limited offerings.
Some felt it was worth it due to the low crowd levels during the first couple of months of operation.

I fully expect Disneyland to follow a similar pattern.
Park admission, even with reduced hours / capacity and no live entertainment / shows will be full price.
But unlike WDW, the first couple of months of operation won't be a ghost town....but instead hit the restricted capacity levels daily I'm willing to bet.
People have really missed Disneyland Park!

-

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom