How much time per Epcot pavillion?

mouse_luv

It's our first time, and I was trying to estimate time to plan my day.
I get that. And I'm telling you it will vary. Just go explore and don't worry about time, once you've done so then you'll know for the future how long it will be.

Some people move through quickly, and others like my husband and myself like to take our time and look at details etc, eat there and so on, WS is our fave.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

awoogala

do you have kids? what age? what interests? theater kids? kids who enjoy dance/traditional clowning? france and italy have traditional clowns that are amazing. 40 minutes, maybe. unless you grab a drink and a snack...do any of you have interests in acrobatics? the china acrobats are worth the hour it may take. japanese culture/anime fans? may be 30 minutes in the shopping center, at least 30 min. to an hour to see the drummers. no one cares about other cultures? you may grab a snack and zoom through 6 cultures in 15 minutes. love other cultures? grab a snack, see the exhibits (trains in germany, gardens in canada+movie, china- acrobats, plus a kaki-gori, plus gardens, + movie+ mulan= an hour maybe). it is so hard to gauge. every family/group/couple is different.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
How long do you have in Epcot? If you have two days, then split into East and West. That way you can do some of FW and half of WS one day and the rest another day.

I guess start with 30 minutes per country. But it depends what you like.

For example, all the pavilions have “structures” (to include buildings, statues, religious structures) that are either architecturally representative of the country or copies of actual structures from that country. And shopping, eating, street entertainment. Plus some attractions, depending on your definition of that word.

For example, in Norway the facades of the buildings are from four very different towns/cities from Norway. Or were, until they extended the Akershus restaurant and ruined the facade. You can still see the four styles though. The Stave Church is worth looking in to see the structure of the roof, even if Thor et al are not the main appeal.

Italy is fun - if you’ve been to Venice you’ll spot what’s wrong with the layout of the Doges’ Palace and the Bell Tower of St Mark’s. But the fountain is just “inspired by” typical Italian fountains.

The Peace Temple in China, the Minaret in Morocco, the Tori Gate in Japan are all based on actual structures, even the statue of St George in Germany.

Almost pavilion had hidden areas to explore, don’t miss the Japanese, UK and Canadian Gardens. In the U.K. find Christopher Robin’s bedroom (sadly you can only look through the window now). And venture into the tea shop - inside you’ll see there are four rooms each from a different century, from rough floors and low ceilings to a more modern look.

There are two movies, China and Canada, the 3 Cabelleros ride in Mexico, FEA, museum/exhibitions in Morocco and Mexico, and an exhibition room in China (not sure what’s in there at the moment).

And then there’s shopping, and the street entertainment.

I usually spend 2-3 afternoons in WS. Others walk around in 2 hours. Opinions vary wildly!

Upvote 0

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
It’s hard to say since every person is so different. I tend to go through the shops at each place and just enjoy speaking with their cultural representatives so I may take more time than someone else. Honestly you won’t know what flows well for you until you are there. Disney makes us want to plan every minute but I try not to when I wander around the WS, I take it easy and enjoy. You will have a great time no matter how long you are there but I wouldn’t try and rush through everything. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

I have to agree with everyone else. You just can't say how much time each pavilion will take, since everyone's interests vary. I know some people who "do" WS in one afternoon. We tour Epcot like Nicky does: east side one day and west side the next. Some folks only stop for the pavilions with rides, or to shop. We try to see it all, including any exhibit areas and the movies. And then there's the street performers- almost every country has live performers that are worth stopping to see. And none of this includes the extras added during the F&W or Flower &Garden festivals. My advice for a first time visitor: do your homework and read up on what each pavilion has to offer and see what appeals most to you. Then go with the flow. Don't rush around like one does in the other parks. Start at one end and progress around. Then stop when you run out of time. It will all be there the next time you return.

Upvote 0

eb3257

My kids were five on our first trip and their favorite spot in the World Showcase was the Germany pavilion looking at the trains. They are both train lovers and were fascinated watching them. It's a great spot to relax if you need a break. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Weve been to EP many times so we know which pavillions interest us and which dont. Being its your first time, youll probably want to spend more time exploring all they have to offer in their shops, theming, displays and shows. The other thing that may interest you is that the CM's love talking about their countries and their Disney experiences so it may fascinate you and your kids to take time with them. You can also buy a passport for the kids that gets stamped at each country. The CM's can also write a message in their language to your kids as well. It really is a park with a lot to offer that does get knocked by folks, but I encourage you to take your time and give it a chance to show you all it offers. My fav pavilions that we spend more time in are America, Mexico, Japan, China, and UK.

Upvote 0

DCLcruiser

Only Norway and Mexico have a ride. Obviously do Frozen first (at rope drop), and then do Mexico later in the day when it is hot as its a must for a slow ride in air conditioning.

The rest are either basically just a restaurant or a movie (skip the movies). You can just meander through them to see the architecture and then pick a place to eat (or really make reservations ahead of time for dinner). Grab a drink along the way too.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
My advice for a first time visitor: do your homework and read up on what each pavilion has to offer and see what appeals most to you. Then go with the flow. Don't rush around like one does in the other parks. Start at one end and progress around. Then stop when you run out of time. It will all be there the next time you return.

This is good advice. I would actually suggest that if you only have one afternoon, to pick out 3-4 pavilions that look the most interesting to your family and focus on them. If you decide to go back another evening then you could do a couple of others. Actually in the evening it’s nice to just stroll around.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We tend to spend more time in Japan roaming through their store and in the UK area looking through the shops and listening to the Brttish band, then any of the other lands.

Upvote 0

Patcheslee

Japan took our most time by over an hour. That included DD10 doing a pick-a-pearl and watching the drummers. Some pavilions also have characters so that may add more time. We averaged 30 minutes at a slow pace and Kidscot stops.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We all get bored if we try to visit each pavilion in one shot, so we'll often split it up and do half of World Showcase one day, and the other half the next. If we're going to spend some time admiring the cultural displays and briefly browsing the shops, we spend about 15-20 minutes in each "country," plus wait/attraction time in Norway and Mexico, wait/movie time in China, France or Canada (although, candidly, we've found all of the movies to be duds and have never repeated any of them after the first viewing), and at least an extra hour in the America pavilion (for Voices of Liberty, the show, and the exhibits).

Letting the kids go off on their own for a bit to do Agent P's World Showcase Adventure also gives DH and I a little uninterrupted time to browse displays that the kids would find boring. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/agent-p-world-showcase-adventure/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom