How Much of Disney Parks Management Is In Florida?

RiversideBunny

Original Poster
There are always some big projects and refurbishments and changes going on at WDW.
There are also the normal park operations.

How much of this is actually managed at WDW in Florida versus the Disney company headquarters in California?
Is everything essentially orchestrated from California?

Where are the management offices in Florida? Who's there?

Tks.

raven

There are always some big projects and refurbishments and changes going on at WDW.
There are also the normal park operations.

How much of this is actually managed at WDW in Florida versus the Disney company headquarters in California?
Is everything essentially orchestrated from California?

Where are the management offices in Florida? Who's there?

Tks.

I know there is a WDI office in Florida. It is ran by the main WDI offices in California. I also believe there are management offices for park operations on the property as well.

The California offices obviously are the main offices for everything under the Disney umbrella. They have divisions for just about every branch there but it doesn't mean that they run everything out of that office. I know I can't answer everything you wanted to know but it's a head in that direction.

Jim Disney

Florida (WDW) and California (DLR) are essentially two seperate business units with "dotted lines" between (payroll, college program, etc).

As for park management... operational management is on site in Florida. Team Disney down there oversees the big picture stuff of park operations, college program, etc. There are also WDI offices at Epcot and MGM (soon DHS) to oversee normal things such as refurbs, day-to-day maintenance of AA figures and normal show quality.

Disneyland Resort also has the same infrastructure in terms of management, WDI, etc.

Corporate management in Burbank is only for department/business segment heads like Jay Rasulo. There's actually very little in terms of park management at Team Disney in Burbank. That sort of stuff is located directly at the resorts. WDI in Glendale oversees all major construction projects on both coasts. For instance, Tom Fitzgerald and Joe Rohde are both located out here, but commute to Florida regularly to direct different projects as needed.

Big picture stuff (YOMD, and other such hair-brained promotions) are directed out of Burbank from corporate. Attraction budget approval and those such things are done in cooperation from park-level management and John Lasseter's group at WDI and Team Disney in Burbank for the most part. Things like shows (Illuminations, Wishes, Remember... Dreams Come True, parades, in-park stage shows) are generally things done strictly on the park level, but usually with design help from WDI's entertainment division (Anne Hamburger/Steve Davison, etc).

It's a complex organizational structure... but it works for the most part. There are problems, but what organization doesn't have challenges.

All that said, does anyone know if Al Weiss is still located in Florida or has he moved entirely to California?

RiversideBunny

Original Poster
Thanks.
I think sometimes a lot of us tend to think of all key management decisions for WDW as being made in Orlando.
Those, of course, have to tie in with the big, overall picture.

:) :)

Pioneer Hall

The offices for each park are located at their respective parks. I am fairly certain the VP of the MK sits in an office on Main Street. There are central offices for the higher up officers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom