How much does the music at Disney add to the experience for you?

Nottamus

Music triggers the memories.

The Animal Kingdom Lodge Loop we listen too when floating in the pool at home all summer...

The Epcot loop that "finds' its way to my playlist...

and while in Disney, its really a huge part of the experience. Walking around World Showcase at a normal pace...and its great how one country just "fades' in to the next, both musically, and visually.

NickPytlinski

100% with you on this. me and the wife love the music as you travel land to land.

the halloween party has us singing the songs for weeks.

"this is halloween, this is halloween, halloween halloween halloween" or is that from nightmare before christmas? lol

Heppenheimer

One of the things I love about the music loops is that you hear all different styles that emphasize the atmosphere of the place, genres that you would never hear otherwise anywhere else. Fife and drum music in Liberty Square, 30s jazz and pop music in the Tower of Terror and Jungle Cruise, sea shanties around Pirates of the Carribean, ragtime and marches on Main Street, exotica in the tiki lounges, surf rock at the waterparks, etc.

CLEtoWDW

I remember when I went to WDW during Christmas time in 2015 I was actually disappointed that all the park music was changed over the Christmas music. Don’t get me wrong... I love Christmas but I love WDW park music that much more. It’s one of the reasons I don’t want to go during Christmas time again.

rreading

It's what makes POTC, Splash and even Space Mountain. Even the simple DL coaster California Screamin' was so much better with a soundtrack to it.

It's probably the main reason that we stay in the Disney bubble - it persists throughout our vacation

SteamboatJoe

I have 90+ Disney playlists on Spotify. Many are attempts to recreate background loops. Others are devoted to scores, songs, and renditions in various styles, arrangements, and instrumentation. I also download the stuff (primarily the loops) off YouTube that is/are not commercially available to add to my extensive Disney iTunes library. iTunes says I have approx. 13 days worth of tracks of Disney and Disney-related music.

My latest project is clipping the loops I download to: a) have individual tracks for each song (particularly the ones not, or no longer, commercially available); and b) eventually create my own, customized loops.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Almost all the music at Disney parks makes me smile, be it area music or from an attraction. It helps me get into the Disney mood as I'm preparing to go and softens the blow after I've left. And of course, while I'm at the park I get to enjoy it at full blast. It makes the experience that much better.

And it sure beats listening to overplayed pop songs at Six Flags.

Janir

Almost all the music at Disney parks makes me smile, be it area music or from an attraction. It helps me get into the Disney mood as I'm preparing to go and softens the blow after I've left. And of course, while I'm at the park I get to enjoy it at full blast. It makes the experience that much better.

And it sure beats listening to overplayed pop songs at Six Flags.

+1 for overplayed pop songs elsewhere!

FettFan

Music is easily 85-90% of the experience.

I listen to ResortTV1's loops of the resort channels just for the music. Music sets everything up. The swelling music of Spaceship Earth, Soarin's wonderful score, and so on. I have linked this prior but it really shows the impact:

And here's Raiders of the Lost Ark without John Williams' "Map Room/Dawn" track:

Rumrunner

Disney music is nostalgic for me. But it is more than the Disney music it is the music of another era as you leave the park.

Will never forget in 2014 leaving the park they were playing a golden oldie from the 40's "Let Me Call You Sweetheart". It was my long ago deceased maternal grandmother's favorite song.

I am an old man and it was such a special moment to think of my grandma and I felt a connection to her that I had not felt in years.
I remember saying at the time "Thank you Disney-how special is this".

NickMaio

Music allows you continue our WDW adventure for the next 365 days.
We play it all the time. Adventureland BGM on the weekends. Tomorrowland at night outside.
Music is our emotional anchor to the park when we are away and when we are there😀

irwalt2

It's huge. I could not imagine being in any of the parks without the music. I love how the music fades out as you leave one
land and fades in as you enter another. The OP is right Frontierland has the best music.

JIMINYCR

Walt put a lot of emphasis on having just the right music for all his projects which he knew would connect us more to everything he did. It adds immensely to my park experience. We listen to Disney songs all the time at home but on the day we start the drive to WDW the vans loaded with Dis CD's and its playing all the way south. Then the moment we hit MK I know the trips started as soon as the first bars of the park music enters my ears. Throughout the trip it further enhances our entire experience.

danyoung56

I love Christmas but I love WDW park music that much more. It’s one of the reasons I don’t want to go during Christmas time again.

That's my one and only drawback to visiting a Disney park during the holiday season. I'm usually in SoCal over Christmas, and Main Street just doesn't feel the same with O Little Town Of Bethlehem coming out of the street speakers.

Janir

I remember when I went to WDW during Christmas time in 2015 I was actually disappointed that all the park music was changed over the Christmas music. Don’t get me wrong... I love Christmas but I love WDW park music that much more. It’s one of the reasons I don’t want to go during Christmas time again.
When to DLR last November and it was a different feel with all Christmas music vs Disney BGM in various areas. Nice to hear, but the feel isn't the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom