How much do you usually...

britdaw

Original Poster
...leave for Mousekeeping? Also, do you leave a tip daily or at the end of the week when you check out? I've never stayed on property before, and it's been more than 10 years since my husband did, so I want to be prepared to tip well. :)

DisneyFans4Life

I am not sure their salaries are subsidized by tips like a waiter/waitress. I can't confirm this, but I've never left a tip for any kind of housekeeping at a hotel.

J_Krafty24

Tipping mousekeeping is compleatly optional. Some tip several dollars a day, other do not tip. Personally, when my husband and I stay we tip $3 per day, more if we have more of a mess or an especially large amount of trash. I bring envelopes from home that I write "mousekeeping" on so there is no misunderstanding on what it is for.
Also I normally leave it under a pillow on the bed to ensure the person who cleans the room gets it. On past trips I have returned mid-day to find the envelope gone but the room still not made up yet.
Whether you decide to or to not tip mousekeeping is your own personal decision. Regardless of which you choose you can be confident that you are doing nothing wrong.

Herdman

We do the same thing as far as making pre-addressed envelopes with "Mousekeeping" before our trip. I can't remember if we left $3 or $5 per day. Part of my plan was hoping that with a decent tip the Mousekeeper would leave a towel animal each day for our daughter. I think that worked for about half of our week long stay.

lostpro9het

...leave for Mousekeeping? Also, do you leave a tip daily or at the end of the week when you check out? I've never stayed on property before, and it's been more than 10 years since my husband did, so I want to be prepared to tip well. :)
Before we drank the DVC kool-aid we would frequent POP regularly and leave $5/night. We printed off special "mickey envelopes" and would leave one out each night.

disneyfirstLJ

I do $2.00 per person per day so for us that is $4.00 a day. I create envelops ahead of time with the money in it, use Disney stickers and write a quick thank you. I only put them out if I think the Mousekeeper is doing a good job which in all three trips we have been on they have. We really like when they put my daughter's stuffed animals in funny spots and fold our blankets that we bring in shapes, etc. It makes coming back to the room after a long day fun! I know it is optional but I like to do it because I know that job is hard, gross and not fun for them. I like to show my appreciation for their work.

JennSmith

We left $10 a day last trip and there were six of us in the room. This trip there will be four of us and I will probably leave $5 a day. We are super clean though...really all they needed to do for us was leave towels :) We left it each day too since it may be a different Mousekeeper each day.

Disvillain63

We do $3-$5 for two of us. If our children and grandchildren join us, it's usually $3-$5 for our room and then another $5-$7 in their room. My DiL is not the neatest or most organized, so I usually feel the need to go on the higher end for both ... when they're in tow.

Question: We will be staying WL Club Level for the the first time. Do we need to tip anyone and what's the going rate for tipping in conceirge?

Weather_Lady

We leave a dollar or so per person, per day (4 people, so $4/$5 per day - still, less than the cost of a Starbucks coffee or a Dole Whip float) except for the last day, when we leave $10 for whomever will be "turning" the room for the next set of guests.

We're pretty neat and we clean up after ourselves, but Mousekeeping is still refreshing toiletries and linens, making our beds, vacuuming, and scrubbing down our tub and toilet every day (I suppose we could avoid it with a "Do Not Disturb" sign, but I enjoy coming back to a freshened-up room in the afternoon), so we're happy to leave a tip.

(*Also, the average Disney housekeeper currently earns wages of just over $20,000 per year -- a fraction of what I'm able to earn. Why be stingy?)

Last edited:

rob0519

Well, this is always a touchy subject. So many people on each side of the fence. Our family normally books two rooms for 5 adults. We tip $5.00 per day per room. While you didn't ask this specifically, we also tip the Bell Person $2.00 per bag and when we use Valet parking give $2.00 to the valet who brings up the car.

Disneyfreak Jen

I tip $2.50 per person, per day, and I'm either there solo or have 1 other adult with me. We are neat and clean. I leave the money every day, not just at the end of the trip, because you can have a different Mousekeeper each day. Imagine if YOU were the Mousekeeper. If it was you scrubbing the toilets, showers, picking up room after room, (and some people are absolutely filthy!!) and then on your day off someone else got your weeks worth of tips. Food for thought…..and honestly, we're all doing well enough in life to afford a trip to Disney, we're very fortunate, we can all certainly part with an extra $10 or $20 to leave proper tips for Mousekeeping, etc.

jaklgreen

We also leave between $2-$5 a day depending on how many of us there are. I have always tipped at every hotel I stay at(not just Disney). I am in my 40s and have been travelling since I was 18 and moved out of my parents house and thought it was common for everyone to tip housekeeping. Every one I know has always done it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom