How Much Do You Tip at Buffets?

flavious27

The reason tips are calculated based on the amount of sales is because that is how taxes are calculated often times by the IRS. It is not based solely on tips reported because the IRS is not ignorant to servers withholding reported tips. This ensures that they pay adequate taxes.

The most interesting conversations I had with loan applicants were the wait staff that could understand why we went by their reported income and not what they made and did not report. I had a waitress that was applying for a 12,000 auto loan but was only reporting $400 in monthly income even though she told us she would pull in anywhere from 2k - 3k.

I HATE TIPPING ALL TOGETHER AT RESTAURANTS!!! ITS NOT MY FAULT YOUR A WAITER , I HATE PAYING 20 EXTRA BUCKS FOR MY FOOD BECAUSE YOU BROUGHT MY FOOD FROM POINT A TO POINT B. TIP THE CHEF NOT THE WAITER, I'LL GLADING PICK UP MY FOOD AND REFILL MY DRINKS.

i still tip but i don't have to like it:mad:

It seems as though it would be in your best interest to consider ordering your meals to-go instead of dining in restaurants.

But on topic I tip 15% at Disney buffets for average service and 20% or above for great service. 15% is my starting point for tipping in everyday life.
When I was a CM anytime I used my discount the 18% tip was added on automatically which I wasn't a huge fan of because sometimes it made for less than steller service since the tip was guarenteed. However there were just as many times that the server treated me extra special knowing I was a CM.

Most non-Disney buffets are relativly inexpensive so although I can understand not feeling like they've done much as much work as a server in a full service restaurant if you're paying $10 a person for a meal chances are the server did at least enough work to justify $1.50 from you for each person eating.

I tip 20% at buffets. I always have, but after talking to my neighbor, who was a manager for 20+ years at various Disney restaurants, I am even more committed to doing so. They don't make a ton of money, even at the signature restaurants, and they work really hard for it. On an average priced meal, there's sometimes a dollar or two that separates a good tip from a bad tip. Do you really want to be "that guy"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom