How many people can fit in Oga’s Cantina? How much is the Disneyland bar raking in? Let’s look at the math - OCR/SCNG

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Remember, if you have reached your limit at one Southern Californian News Group website, go to another...

>>A little sign over the door just inside Oga’s Cantina tells us a lot about how many people can fit in the new Disneyland bar and how much money the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge watering hole is raking in every day.

The posted maximum occupancy for the wretched hive of scum and villainy in new Star Wars land at the Anaheim theme park is 276 people.

That means Oga’s Cantina could be raking in nearly $200,000 per day and stands to haul in as much as $70 million in its first year of operation, according to theme park experts. But more on those mind-blowing numbers in a bit.

The Star Wars cantina slinging pricey space cocktails has been doing gangbusters business in the new themed land at Disneyland.

Food and beverage sales from Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge are exceeding expectations, Disneyland officials said.

“Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge has set a new standard for the theme park experience,” Disneyland spokesperson Liz Jaeger said.<<

Old Mouseketeer

I wonder how long before Disney decides it's okay to open up another bar behind Disneyland's gates.

Do you have an egg timer? Look at the progression at Magic Kingdom. They initially started serving beer and wine at dinner table service at Be Our Guest. Since then it has expanded to other table service, then buffeteria. I'm too lazy to check--has it spread to counter service? I heard there were Irish Coffee carts at night--this suggests wandering with alcohol like the non-castle parks (which I'm actually against).

I think expanded alcohol sales at DL is a foregone conclusion. I would just like to avoid wandering with alcohol inside the park. I'm fine with it at DCA, but that's a line I would like to preserve at DL. I believe alcohol at Blue Bayou is unavoidable and I'm fine with it. Beyond that it's a matter of where to draw the line. YMMV.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I don't have a problem with them serving liquor in the park, I think it should be served only at restaurants and not allowed to take it out of there. I don't want to see Bud Light cans on the floor in New Orleans Square or see people walking around with them either, but being to able to have a drink when you are having a meal is fine.

SSG

If Disney is bringing in $70m from a single bar, the temptation to add more watering holes will be too great to resist for long.

The_Mesh_Hatter

I imagine the plans were already in place to slowly expand alcohol service... but with profits down there’s probably going to be an even bigger push for alcohol. Cutting staffing alone is no way to make up for all the lost profits.

Anyways, I do wonder how all those new DTD bars are going to feel about that.

Janir

If Disney is bringing in $70m from a single bar, the temptation to add more watering holes will be too great to resist for long.
For now they are, with a packed bar, once its not so packed, what's the return rate? 1/2 for $35mm? 1/3, 1/4? just like any resturant/ bar they will have to figure out where the real long term profit point is going to be. Assuming adding a themed bar to someplace as an automatic 'cash cow' is lazy thinking and for whatever fault Disney leadership may have lazy profit thinking isn't one of them.

Roy G. Dis

People feel the need to carry around a glass of red wine while they pick up cereal and milk for their kids at the grocery store. It's a weird new age we're living in.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
For now they are, with a packed bar, once its not so packed, what's the return rate? 1/2 for $35mm? 1/3, 1/4? just like any resturant/ bar they will have to figure out where the real long term profit point is going to be. Assuming adding a themed bar to someplace as an automatic 'cash cow' is lazy thinking and for whatever fault Disney leadership may have lazy profit thinking isn't one of them.
If you think that Oga's isn't going to remain packed long into the future, then you don't know DLR and its AP crowd. The Cove Bar at DCA remains packed all the time, even when tourist aren't packing the park the bar is packed with APs. And this is just one of the bars at DCA.

Oga's will be no different, it'll be the AP hangout even if the rest of the land is dead.

mickEblu

If you think that Oga's isn't going to remain packed long into the future, then you don't know DLR and its AP crowd. The Cove Bar at DCA remains packed all the time, even when tourist aren't packing the park the bar is packed with APs. And this is just one of the bars at DCA.

Oga's will be no different, it'll be the AP hangout even if the rest of the land is dead.

Yeah that’s what everyone said about Tropical hideaway and it didn’t happen. Which I predicted correctly.

The whole park is an AP hangout. If a particular spot is packed it’s because they re doing something right... or selling alcohol. And lobster nachos.

Phroobar

Yeah that’s what everyone said about Tropical hideaway and it didn’t happen. Which I predicted correctly.

The whole park is an AP hangout. If a particular spot is packed it’s because they re doing something right... or selling alcohol. And lobster nachos.
Maybe people are just used to getting plastered at DCA?

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Ok, fair point on the whole place being an AP hangout, but you know what I meant.

Oga's IS selling alcohol, and for at least now is the only place in DL. Which is why I think it'll become a preferred AP gathering spot.

As for Tropical Hideaway, I don't know if I ever agreed it would be an AP gathering spot or not (don't honestly remember). But I do think if they add alcohol there too it'll become an AP gathering spot as well.

mickEblu

Ok, fair point on the whole place being an AP hangout, but you know what I meant.

Oga's IS selling alcohol, and for at least now is the only place in DL. Which is why I think it'll become a preferred AP gathering spot.

As for Tropical Hideaway, I don't know if I ever agreed it would be an AP gathering spot or not (don't honestly remember). But I do think if they add alcohol there too it'll become an AP gathering spot as well.

For sure it’ll be packed for a while. Alcohol+ Star Wars cantina (one of the few things they’re for right in the land minus the seating issue) = packed.

Yeah many (not saying you) predicted Tropical Hideaway was going to be this huge AP hangout. Don’t get wrong, it’s well done but cafeteria baos, dole whips and Rosita aren’t going to keep anyone over there for more than 20 minutes. AP or not. Not sure why anyone thought it would be a draw outside of a 20 minute rest stop when there is so much else to do at DL. Like you said alcohol is the big difference maker.

mickEblu

Maybe people are just used to getting plastered at DCA?

Haha maybe. I honestly rarely notice anyone belligerently drunk at DLR.

I was never a big drinker outside of a few random crazy nights but Ive pretty much cut it out completely. Not for any other reason other than it’s never agreed with me. Coffee doesn’t either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom