How Many of You Have a Disney Spouse?

Pooh Lover

How many of you have a spouse who doesn't exactly share your love of all things Disney World?

I am truly lucky to have a husband who goes along with our yearly trek to the World (and I AM grateful for that) but I really feel alone when it comes to the planning and excitement of the whole process. He doesn't really want to talk about an upcoming trip all that much, which is maddening because the anticipation of a vacation is at least half the trip. I do realize how fortunate I am to get to the World but wish my husband shared my "love". Sadly, our friends don't "get" the whole Disney thing so that is out too.

Anyway, thank you all for being here! This site and these forums get me from trip to trip! :wave:

nolatron

I have a "Disney Wife". Married her there too! She really gets into the planning of all our trips with me. Planning which parks to go, where to eat, and even what to order! She loves going to WDW just as much as I do. Couldn't ask for more,

Upvote 0
I have a whole family like this, they say it's because I'm excessive (is there such a thing???). Don't get me wrong they like going to the World but don't like getting up at 6am to be at park opennings or staying until closing. Makes for a great vacation when I want to do something and they don't want to (of course the majority rules). I'm having an arguement with my DD about this as I post!!! She says I'm the majority but I do give in (sometimes?) Hi, my name is Terry and I have an addiction. :shrug: :ROFLOL: :confused: :lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

My wife liked Disney but not like I did before we got married. I convinced her to go to WDW for our honeymoon and she's been hooked ever since! :D

Upvote 0

sjead

I am definitely the bigger fan of Disney. I do all of the planning, and obsessing :eek:. DH does enjoy Disney but I think for him, it's more of a watch the kids have fun and everyone do some stuff kind of trip rather than the experience that I always take from it. That being said, he is definitely willing to go as often as we can.

Upvote 0

LivFreeorDisney

I feel the same as you. My wife loves going to Disney World and even wanted to become a DVC Member. She loves all the great hotels (AKL, WL, SSR...etc) we've stayed at and really feels relaxed when we are there. But when we're at home she doesnt get excited about the CDs or the Disney Phile Mag that we get in the mail. About once a week I force her to watch some Disney show that I DVR'd over a year ago but never sits through the entire thing. And she rolls her eyes when she see's me on my WDWMagic, Allears or suitedisney sites looking at pictures and planning for our up coming trip. Oh well, I least she never stops me from doing it.:drevil:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My wife is a big Disney fan but she pretty much leaves the planning up to me and my friend Marie who has be affectionately titled my Disney wife.

Upvote 0

lumpydj

My DH is a Disney fan - but not a freak like me. :lookaroun It's good that way - because I get to do all the planning and he just goes along with it - as long as I give him a day off to hang out. He likes it enough that I got him to agree to join DVC! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

Original Poster
Wow, I'm shocked at how many of you are somewhat in my situation! I thought you'd ALL have equal partners in your obsession. While its wonderful to hear about those with Disney lovin' spouses, its nice to know I'm not alone in my lonliness (ha ha).

Terry, I bow to you. You are THE FAN and always remember "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many!"

Upvote 0
I guess I'm pretty lucky that my fiance is a Disney Entertainment Cast member (only seasonal now, used to be full time). I thought I knew a lot about the world before I met her, but she has opened my eyes to a whole lot that I never knew about. We'll be going for a week again the first week in July, but it is so nice to be with someone that shares the same love for WDW that I do!

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

When I met my husband, he was anti-Disney. He hated watching the movies, wouldn't go to any of the movies NOTHING. when he proposed we were looking for a place to go on the honeymoon. But just starting out we didn't have the kind of money to go overseas, or Hawaii. Not to mention, he HATED the beach. But he wanted somewhere fun and exciting. I suggested Disney, he had never been and I am a huge Disneynut. He reluctantly agreed knowing it would make me happy....

We went.

3 days into our honeymoon he was already asking when we were planning on going back.

and 3 years later. He is totally hooked, jumped at the DVC and is right there along side in all of our vacation plan.

Who says you can't change someone.:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Im also in the same boat as you.
My DH gets tired of me talking about the upcoming trip so it is nice to come on here and share my excitement and to get info.
Thanks to all of you on here!!

Upvote 0

luvlifeinfl

For me that is one reason I joined this forum, becasue I can talk about Disney 24/7, I live, sleep & eat Disney. I am on the net alot looking for contest offers to enter for a free vacation( never won, yet), my DH likes to go & do the roller coasters, but as far as the planning he leaves all that up to me, if he gives input he thinks that he has connected w/ me, but I am so consumed that I have friends that just choose not to talk to me. Oh I will give the hubby cudo's for suggesting the DVC and looking at it, we have been members since 2006.

Upvote 0

lbrad

My DH is a Disney fan - but not a freak like me. :lookaroun It's good that way - because I get to do all the planning and he just goes along with it - as long as I give him a day off to hang out. He likes it enough that I got him to agree to join DVC! :sohappy:

We are the same way....works for me:sohappy:

Upvote 0

disneylemons

I'm the Disney nut in the house -granted my kids love it but say they want to do 'something different"..why?ha My husband goes some years and skips some - I have a Disney Mother in Law who loves to go too and that helps!

Upvote 0

jen2009

I am lucky I found someone who loves Disney like I do. We both grew up making a yearly trek to the world. We have continued these treks with the 2 of us. We both had our dreams come true when we got married on March 12 at Disney's Wedding Pavillion with our dearest friends and family. We have managed to scheduled a 2nd trip this year during christmas. It will be both of our first trips during the christmas holiday. :xmas: It will technically be our honeymoon. We left 2 days after the wedding to attend a funeral back home from a family member who died the day before the wedding.

I am truly blessed to have someone to share my love of Disney with.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

disneyowf

This is so ironic for me because before I went to Disney World for the first time in the year 2000 I was almost anti-Disney. I had no interest at all. Now that I've been there five times and we've missed our last two PLANNED trips :cry: I look forward to it so much it's crazy:). My wife is a big fan and we plan our trips together, but I OBSESS more than she does and visit wdwmagic almost daily while she wouldn't do that-that's too much! So I think my wife and I have a great, healthy Disney balance BUT I may actually love it now more than she does...

Upvote 0

KnK

I took my husband (year before we married) at the ripe ole age of 35 for the very first time. He has been hooked ever since. He doesn't know how he ever lived without the world. That was 11 years ago. That first trip was 5 nights 6 days. We are up to 10 nights 11 days!!!

He is worse than I am about getting all the details put together! I really on KK (thanks Elizabeth) to do all the hard part. We then just create own 'Passport Porter' style scrapebook togehter for the trip with all the details.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom