How many of you do this? (I bet a lot of you!)

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Original Poster
One of my friends just came back from a trip to WDW with his family, and at work, during lunch, he was showing us all of his photos. He and his wife are not "Disney geeks", so they only go once every few years (if that). Anyway, when looking at his pictures, I could identify just about every location he was at when the picture was taken, much to his amazement. Right down to the ones of them sitting on a bench- "Oh, that was in Epcot." "How did you know that?" "I recognized the bench." There was a whole slew of examples like that.

As if my colleagues at work needed any more reason to think I was completely insane and obsessed....

scpergj

Definitly not alone. I get all kinds of snyde remarks from some of the people I work with...never mind the arguments that I have with our HR head...she SWEARS that WDW opened in 1968, and she visited it then. She says she knows it was open then because her dad worked on the construction and they moved to Jax in 1969. I called BS - she still says I'm wrong.

Kamikaze

Definitly not alone. I get all kinds of snyde remarks from some of the people I work with...never mind the arguments that I have with our HR head...she SWEARS that WDW opened in 1968, and she visited it then. She says she knows it was open then because her dad worked on the construction and they moved to Jax in 1969. I called BS - she still says I'm wrong.

Well, its very possible he worked on it in 68 and they moved in 69.

jonesenon4

:sohappy:guilty of this several times. my friends also accuse me of being a walking disney infomercial they all think im nuts.but im counting down the days for my next trip 8 days end of may first of june staying at the beach club for the first time cant wait.:sohappy:

C&D

I try to keep a low profile when it comes to Disney (I only contribute if asked) but yeah, if someone yanks out the pictures, all bets are off. :)

wdwmomof3

I do the same thing. In Fact, my kids and I play a game together here on wdwmagic, on the picture of the day thread. They are ALMOST as good as me. :ROFLOL:

Jerm

It is scary how good I am at that game. If I can't pick something out right away I feel stupid....which I often think I should feel stupid cause I can do that:ROFLOL:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
It is scary how good I am at that game. If I can't pick something out right away I feel stupid....which I often think I should feel stupid cause I can do that:ROFLOL:
You really need to work on your self-worth issues! You should feel stupid because you can and you feel stupid when you can't? :p

:lol:

hillernj

Guilty

i hate seeing people mis-label pictures from disney on myspace/facebook. i have to correct them becase it's not right lol

scpergj

Well, its very possible he worked on it in 68 and they moved in 69.

Yeah, that's what I said...but she insists it opened in 68. I just let that one slide...it's the others that would rather make fun of WDW (and make fun of my family pictures at WDW) that bother me more!

NiarrNDisney

i hate seeing people mis-label pictures from disney on myspace/facebook. i have to correct them becase it's not right lol

Funny!:lol: I guess I'm Guilty too.
On my last trip my friend post her pictures on Myspace and after reading the captions I asked her if I could go back through and make some changes.

Susan Savia

I don't even bring up Disney World in the office cause I know I'd get....
"You go THERE???!" for a response. And then I'd have to say, "Yep, sure do!!" and Love it!

Gentieno

On a dutch forum there is een threat (Subject) in witch the peolple place a tiny bit of a photo in WDW and the rest can guess where that piece of a picture is. And the one who guesses correct can place an other photo, only a part of it so it is a bit more difficult. Maybe we can start the same threat as well?

Disney05

I don't even bring up Disney World in the office cause I know I'd get....
"You go THERE???!" for a response. And then I'd have to say, "Yep, sure do!!" and Love it!
I don't need to bring it up at work. They usually come and find me to get an answer to a Disney question. And the "you go there" or "you're going there again", well that's for another thread all together.:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom