How many laps = one mile on your indoor track.

DisneyRunner

Original Poster
With a number of people running indoors due to heat and humidity, this is an interesting question. Running the ouside lane at the my YMCA, 11 laps equals one mile.

Blueliner

With a number of people running indoors due to heat and humidity, this is an interesting question. Running the ouside lane at the my YMCA, 11 laps equals one mile.

I run a good bit on the indoor track at the Y in downtown Birmingham. I usually run the inside lane, where 10 1/2 laps equals one mile.

At the other Y I go to, 17 laps equals one mile. That gets a bit tedious.

Phonedave

I wish I had an indoor track

My outdoor loop is "SUPPOSED" to be a 1.25 mile loop. My GPS clocks it quite a bit less.

Ill run that loop when it's hot because there is a water fountain on that loop, so water is always handy. But it gets boring going around and around and around.

There is also a regulation outdoor track there as well. So that would be a 1/4 mile track. That gets VERY boring.

-dave

GoofyFan1

The indoor track at my school is 14/mile.

Does your track require you to run one way all the time? If not you really should switch so you don't put pressure on the same leg all the time. I have my track team switch every 5 laps.

DisneyRunner

Original Poster
My Y switches track direction every other day. On the high school track I should try running the other direction, as long as I'm not bothering someone else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom