How many actually buy Club Level fast passes?

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I’m just curious as I tend to stay Club Level and my 90 day mark(from check out) is TOMORROW! I’ve been booking them since they came out but I’m really curious what percentage of people actually purchase them. My husband isn’t a huge Disney fan and I think they really make my trip easier on him as we hardly wait for anything and don’t have to worry about tiers.
Obviously they are outrageously priced but I still pay.

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Which club level do you find to be the best offering? We have tried Grand Floridian and Beach Club so far.

Overall I love the Yacht Club. I really found their concierge staff to be incredible. I don't have any children and found this lounge to very pretty quiet too. The food was also really good with various options each day. My favorite was their salad options each day and salmon.
I am trying Animal Kingdom Lodge for the first time in April and I have heard that there's is one of the best too so I am looking forward to it! I haven't stayed at GF yet but it's on my list. How was that one?

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
My observation:

Recently a lot of the Touring Plan “liners“ (users of their Lines app) have been buying them. I would say most of them who stay Club Level have bought them, pretty much since the tier change at DHS. Also quite a few a booked VIP tours, although many of them cancelled when it became clear that Star Wars rides were limited - no RotR unless you already got a boarding group, and only one MF:SR ride.

The reason I find that interesting is that of all WDW fans, liners are probably the biggest planners. Many of us love planning, others find they become hooked even if they still stress about it. So for them to be buying the extra FPs is maybe a comment on how difficult it has become to get the FPs you want, especially on a short trip or where doing rope drop to park close isn’t an option or desired.

Now of course, the tiers at DHS have changed back, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Upvote 0

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
My observation:

Recently a lot of the Touring Plan “liners“ (users of their Lines app) have been buying them. I would say most of them who stay Club Level have bought them, pretty much since the tier change at DHS. Also quite a few a booked VIP tours, although many of them cancelled when it became clear that Star Wars rides were limited - no RotR unless you already got a boarding group, and only one MF:SR ride.
Interesting. I use touring plans for the resort room view finder and crowd calendar but that's about it. I've thought about a VIP tour in the past but not would need to look into it more before moving forward. Personally I am more looking forward to Mickey and Minnie's Runaway railway than RotR but will try and check out both.

I could see how spending that amount of money not to ride what everything you want would be annoying.

Upvote 0

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I don't think many people do.
My sister and I considered it but since you cannot modify the CLFP in any way without having a CM do it for you it made us shy away.
Had I been able to make them myself and change them if I wanted by myself then I would have done it.

That is the biggest draw back by far. Luckily you can book all 6 at the 90 day mark and can adjust the 3 regular ones on the app. I haven't needed to change my fastpasses thus far, but I do change dining reservations all the time. I can see that being a hindrance though.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
That is the biggest draw back by far. Luckily you can book all 6 at the 90 day mark and can adjust the 3 regular ones on the app. I haven't needed to change my fastpasses thus far, but I do change dining reservations all the time. I can see that being a hindrance though.
We often modify our FP times on the day of to move the time up once we use the first one. We also have a fast pace touring style do if you are more leisurely I could easily see how having 6 in advance would be a good option.

Upvote 0

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
We often modify our FP times on the day of to move the time up once we use the first one. We also have a fast pace touring style do if you are more leisurely I could easily see how having 6 in advance would be a good option.

we are much more leisurely than most. Which is funny since I’m 28, I just don’t enjoy rope drop to fireworks anymore. we try and book the “regular fast passes first” then once those three are up we can add on a fourth and so on without having to use the paid ones first which is nice. Maybe one day I will get back into the fast pace Disney Magic! But for now, I need my afternoon pool time lol.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member

So if you book your CL ones for later in the day, and book the regular ones early, you can still move those ones up. And get more before using the CL ones. The CL ones don’t count in terms of getting additional ones.

The biggest drawback for many people is that having six FPs booked tends to limit the amount of time they have to make the most of the CL food offerings, for example.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

we are much more leisurely than most. Which is funny since I’m 28, I just don’t enjoy rope drop to fireworks anymore. we try and book the “regular fast passes first” then once those three are up we can add on a fourth and so on without having to use the paid ones first which is nice. Maybe one day I will get back into the fast pace Disney Magic! But for now, I need my afternoon pool time lol.
How many times have you been? I find age is irrelevant if you have gone enough. Seeing how my daughter is 10 and been to DL twice and WDW 5 times, she likes us to take our time too lol.

Upvote 0

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
How many times have you been? I find age is irrelevant if you have gone enough. Seeing how my daughter is 10 and been to DL twice and WDW 5 times, she likes us to take our time too lol.
Good point! Yeah, we try to go twice a year but at least once so that plays a part of it as well.

Upvote 0

Chip318

Overall I love the Yacht Club. I really found their concierge staff to be incredible. I don't have any children and found this lounge to very pretty quiet too. The food was also really good with various options each day. My favorite was their salad options each day and salmon.
I am trying Animal Kingdom Lodge for the first time in April and I have heard that there's is one of the best too so I am looking forward to it! I haven't stayed at GF yet but it's on my list. How was that one?

We have tried the main building and outer (sugar loaf). I prefer the putter building by the marina. It seems the offering their was better and the alcohol was self service in 2015. Beach club is great now with kids and the staff just as good. I do like Beach club for the boardwalk and pool. Also, about 2,000 cheaper! I can see us trying yacht club soon.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member

I don’t think it has to do with how many times you go either. We tour very leisurely, and yet have only been a handful of times; our upcoming trip will be #6. I have never rope dropped as such; I did go to the MK once to watch the opening train ceremony, but then went back to Bay Lake for breakfast. And I have done a couple of tours which started before park opening. But rushing to an attraction with hundreds of others? Not for me thanks! Unless it’s the only way to do rides like RotR by the time we come.

We do have the luxury of time on our visits coming from the UK. But I know many of the TP liners go multiple times a year, and still agonise over plans. I think it’s simply to do with personal preference.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I’m just curious as I tend to stay Club Level and my 90 day mark(from check out) is TOMORROW! I’ve been booking them since they came out but I’m really curious what percentage of people actually purchase them. My husband isn’t a huge Disney fan and I think they really make my trip easier on him as we hardly wait for anything and don’t have to worry about tiers.
Obviously they are outrageously priced but I still pay.
I think many here would be surprised at how many purchase them.

Upvote 0

Tinker218

My son buys them every trip. We travel with him and never do. We also travel just my husband and myself and have never bought them. I once asked during one of our trips and the cast member told me I would be surprised how many families buy them. She said they usually buy them for shorter trips to make sure they get the most important rides to them done.

Upvote 0

CLEtoWDW

We do it and for us it’s not even about the extra FPs. It’s the fact that we get a 90 day window for all of our FPs. Last year I sent a CM a spreadsheet of all our preferred FPs and the preferred times and we got every single one we ask for. So the entire week our FP situation was absolutely ideal. Doing it again this year.

Upvote 0

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
We do it and for us it’s not even about the extra FPs. It’s the fact that we get a 90 day window for all of our FPs. Last year I sent a CM a spreadsheet of all our preferred FPs and the preferred times and we got every single one we ask for. So the entire week our FP situation was absolutely ideal. Doing it again this year.
That’s one of the big reasons for us doing it too. I just booked them on Sunday and have everything we want at the times we want them. And when one of my dining reservations was in the way, he called and found us a different time slot so that we got the dinner we wanted and the rides.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom