How long to walk in the parks on NYE?

jaygatsby

We're going to be in the parks between Christmas and New Year's Eve. I'm trying to figure out when we should book Fastpasses and I want to make sure I spread them out enough that we'll be able to get from one to the other in time. I realize that the parks will be crazy busy during this time and so it might take longer to walk from one end of the park to the other. For Magic Kingdom, we're trying to go from Buzz Lightyear to Pirates of the Caribbean. In Epcot, it gets a bit trickier. We have a lunch reservation at Via Napoli at 11:45 then dinner at Tokyo Dining at 4:30. Will we be able to do Test Track, go to lunch, head back to do Mission Space and maybe Nemo and Friends, then go back to Tokyo without exhausting ourselves too much? Will we even have time?

Jae99

We're going to be in the parks between Christmas and New Year's Eve. I'm trying to figure out when we should book Fastpasses and I want to make sure I spread them out enough that we'll be able to get from one to the other in time. I realize that the parks will be crazy busy during this time and so it might take longer to walk from one end of the park to the other. For Magic Kingdom, we're trying to go from Buzz Lightyear to Pirates of the Caribbean. In Epcot, it gets a bit trickier. We have a lunch reservation at Via Napoli at 11:45 then dinner at Tokyo Dining at 4:30. Will we be able to do Test Track, go to lunch, head back to do Mission Space and maybe Nemo and Friends, then go back to Tokyo without exhausting ourselves too much? Will we even have time?
You should be able to get from Buzz to Pirate with no problem. When we took our trip between Christmas and NYE, I planned for my FP's to be grouped together to avoid having to trek back and forth across the park.

As for Epcot. I would either cancel one of the reservations or move the Tokyo Dining reservation to a little later in the day. You probably won't be done at Via Napoli until after 12:30. It won't leave much time to get the rides done that you are planning, and I feel you won't want dinner as early as you have planned.

Upvote 0

jaygatsby

Original Poster
You should be able to get from Buzz to Pirate with no problem. When we took our trip between Christmas and NYE, I planned for my FP's to be grouped together to avoid having to trek back and forth across the park.

As for Epcot. I would either cancel one of the reservations or move the Tokyo Dining reservation to a little later in the day. You probably won't be done at Via Napoli until after 12:30. It won't leave much time to get the rides done that you are planning, and I feel you won't want dinner as early as you have planned.
I wish I could make Tokyo Dining later, but when I made the reservation, it was the only time they had left. Now there's practically no availability for any restaurant on the day we're looking for. We might just try to do one before lunch, then wait and do the other two after dinner.

Upvote 0

Jae99

I wish I could make Tokyo Dining later, but when I made the reservation, it was the only time they had left. Now there's practically no availability for any restaurant on the day we're looking for. We might just try to do one before lunch, then wait and do the other two after dinner.
What day are you going. Don't forget that there are lots of QS restaurants to choose from, as well as the booths that are part of the new holiday festival that is occurring throughout the Christmas season.

You could enjoy your lunch at Via Napoli and the head back to future world to enjoy some attractions. Followed by an evening spent enjoying the pavilions and festival booths and ended with viewing Illuminations.

Upvote 0

jaygatsby

Original Poster
What day are you going. Don't forget that there are lots of QS restaurants to choose from, as well as the booths that are part of the new holiday festival that is occurring throughout the Christmas season.

You could enjoy your lunch at Via Napoli and the head back to future world to enjoy some attractions. Followed by an evening spent enjoying the pavilions and festival booths and ended with viewing Illuminations.
We're going to Epcot on New Year's Eve. Aren't the quick service lines really long at this time?

Upvote 0

Jae99

We're going to Epcot on New Year's Eve. Aren't the quick service lines really long at this time?
Lines for everything will be long. Go with the plan that you have now and keep checking for reservations.

We did Epcot for NYE in 2014. It will be crazy busy. I would plan to only experience your 3 FP's for that day. I would take the rest of the day to experience the offerings at the Holiday Festival.

How many are in your party?

Upvote 0

jaygatsby

Original Poster
Lines for everything will be long. Go with the plan that you have now and keep checking for reservations.

We did Epcot for NYE in 2014. It will be crazy busy. I would plan to only experience your 3 FP's for that day. I would take the rest of the day to experience the offerings at the Holiday Festival.

How many are in your party?
There's 4 of us. That's what we were planning on doing. We were gonna use the fastpasses but put the focus of the trip on the atmosphere and holiday activities

Upvote 0

Jae99

There's 4 of us. That's what we were planning on doing. We were gonna use the fastpasses but put the focus of the trip on the atmosphere and holiday activities
As to your original question about walking around the park. It will get increasingly more difficult as the day goes on. At one point we got stuck on between Future World and World Showcase. We didn't move an inch for about 10 minutes.

It will be crazy, but my family still talks about our experience that day. A once in a lifetime experience.

Make sure you stay to the end. Illuminations is amazing and the NYE tag at the end is mind blowing.

We staked out a spot in front of the stage in Canada at around 10 pm and took turns exploring the parties around World Showcase. It is very close to an exit through backstage that was perfect to make a quick exit and beat the masses to the front of the park.

Upvote 0

jaygatsby

Original Poster
As to your original question about walking around the park. It will get increasingly more difficult as the day goes on. At one point we got stuck on between Future World and World Showcase. We didn't move an inch for about 10 minutes.

It will be crazy, but my family still talks about our experience that day. A once in a lifetime experience.

Make sure you stay to the end. Illuminations is amazing and the NYE tag at the end is mind blowing.

We staked out a spot in front of the stage in Canada at around 10 pm and took turns exploring the parties around World Showcase. It is very close to an exit through backstage that was perfect to make a quick exit and beat the masses to the front of the park.
Yeah we're very excited and will definitely stay for the fireworks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom