How long must I wait to be rehired?

Shipponeji

Original Poster
Hi,
I worked at MK for about a year from July 2017 to June 2018, I was a full time employee and quit when I found a better paying job. I gave a one week notice to my leaders in person. One of them told me that I had to wait 6 months until I can be considered to be rehired if I wanted to apply. So far it's only been 5 months. I've been considering to go back to disney, I was so much more happy working for the mouse than I am for the Canadian goose. I just want to know if it is true that I must wait 6 months. I ask this because another friend of mine left the company but she was told she must wait 1 year.. I really don't want to wait that long!! I miss the mouse and want to go back so bad!!! Please someone tell me good news !!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
It varies by individual case/circumstance. Best bet is to call casting and try to get an answer from them.

AVGuy

Did you maintain relationships with your co-workers at Disney? I would reach out to a former leader and ask him/her to look into your rehire status and see where there may be needs you can fill. It's always about who you know.

yensid67

I worked For WDW July 1998- July 1999. I began my role as A Flyte Team member at Epcot. I worked there for until about December 1998, I got discouraged because of the pay...I got a better paying job with Texaco (Convenience Store/Gas). That job only lasted about a month before I decided to go back to Disney.(that's the reason I moved from PA, I could work at a convenience store back home!) I went back to Casting Center and reapplied and was hired for Jungle Cruise Skipper in the Magic Kingdom! Maybe if you want to be in the same role, its a 6 month wait, but if you just take an available role, its immediate!?

Marky Mark

I am sure you are good now, as this was months ago, but to answer your question 6 months would be the answer.
Did you get rehired ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom