How long is Teppan Edo dinner?

Daveman424

Original Poster
Hey all,

We want to eat at Teppan Edo for our trip in August, but the only reservation they had was at 8:10PM. Seeing as Illuminations is at 9PM, do you think we're going to miss the show? My guess is yes, but I figured I should ask the experts.

Thanks!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
You probably will miss it...They MAY however let you go stand outside and watch from the balcony. I would call and ask them.

Phonedave

Hey all,

We want to eat at Teppan Edo for our trip in August, but the only reservation they had was at 8:10PM. Seeing as Illuminations is at 9PM, do you think we're going to miss the show? My guess is yes, but I figured I should ask the experts.

Thanks!

Plan on missing it.

Teppan Edo (as with most Teppan places) waits for a full table to start.

You may be seated first, be offered drinks, and then have to sit for 10+ minutes until the rest of the table gets seated. Then they will start taking orders, etc.

It's not a fault of Teppan Edo, it just the way Teppan places operate.

You are looking at a 10 - 15 minute 'show'. Couple that with 10 - 15 minutes from the time you order to the time the chef comes out, so you are looking at

possible 10+ minute wait till table is full and ordering begins
roughly 15 minutes after you order until the chef starts
roughly 15 minutes for the chef to do his or her thing
however long it takes you to eat.

So, most likely you will not get out till after 9:00.

-dave

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Plan on missing it.

Teppan Edo (as with most Teppan places) waits for a full table to start.

You may be seated first, be offered drinks, and then have to sit for 10+ minutes until the rest of the table gets seated. Then they will start taking orders, etc.

It's not a fault of Teppan Edo, it just the way Teppan places operate.

You are looking at a 10 - 15 minute 'show'. Couple that with 10 - 15 minutes from the time you order to the time the chef comes out, so you are looking at

possible 10+ minute wait till table is full and ordering begins
roughly 15 minutes after you order until the chef starts
roughly 15 minutes for the chef to do his or her thing
however long it takes you to eat.

So, most likely you will not get out till after 9:00.

-dave

Very true...however the 3 times I've eaten at Teppan Edo we were ALWAYS sat with someone else right away. We never had to wait for other people to fill the table. I HAVE seen people waiting though so it CAN happen to you!

Like I said your best bet is to call them and simply ask if you can view Illuminations in the middle of your dinner or what...Chances are they won't have people waiting to eat so it shouldnt be busy at that time so you should be safe on getting up to view then returning to eat.

Phonedave

Very true...however the 3 times I've eaten at Teppan Edo we were ALWAYS sat with someone else right away. We never had to wait for other people to fill the table. I HAVE seen people waiting though so it CAN happen to you!

Like I said your best bet is to call them and simply ask if you can view Illuminations in the middle of your dinner or what...Chances are they won't have people waiting to eat so it shouldnt be busy at that time so you should be safe on getting up to view then returning to eat.

Ah, so it is YOU I was waiting for. :)

-dave

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Ah, so it is YOU I was waiting for. :)

-dave

Haha no we are usually sat first, but I mean I never waited more than 5 minutes for the other party to arrive. That might change this year cause its just Colleen and I going. Before there were always two other people with us.

ABQ

I am in a similar predicament. However, my reservation is at 7:40. I feel like we have a pretty good shot at catching the show, right?
Awakening the necropost from 2010! That's cool though, you should be OK for a 9 PM Illuminations, arrive a little early, perhaps you'll be seated by 7:30 and be fine.

correcaminos

I am in a similar predicament. However, my reservation is at 7:40. I feel like we have a pretty good shot at catching the show, right?
You have a pretty decent chance of catching it as long as you show up a wee early to make sure you don't have to wait too long.

The 8:10 I would say not likely at all to it. We were there for a little over an hour the last time we went.

Awakening the necropost from 2010! That's cool though, you should be OK for a 9 PM Illuminations, arrive a little early, perhaps you'll be seated by 7:30 and be fine.
Leaving Teppan Edo after a 7:40 reservation, where should I go to see the 9 PM show (Now called EPCOT Forever)

crawale

Hey all,

Thanks!
I would say you will miss the show. You have to wait until there are enough people for a table, then maybe you won't get served until after the table in the same room is finished. I think even if best case scenario you need to allow at least 1 1/2 hours and probably more.

Figgy1

Premium Member
A good rule of thumb plan about 1.25-1.5 hours for most sit downs, 1.5-3 for signatures. TE with the show falls between the 2. Most of the time closer to 1.5 but has been longer. We were there quite a while ago during a slow lunch day and it was closer 2 hours but the attention our table was top notch

thomas998

I would say you will miss the show. You have to wait until there are enough people for a table, then maybe you won't get served until after the table in the same room is finished. I think even if best case scenario you need to allow at least 1 1/2 hours and probably more.
You do realize that you answer a question from someone from 2010... they may be dead by now. Somehow this zombie thread has risen from the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom