How long does MB delivery take?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry, if this has been asked and answered a zillion times already, but how long should it take for our Magic Bands to arrive?
Are they shipped via mail, Fed Ex, UPS?
Also, how much longer to be delivered to Canada?

Or, have I totally misunderstood everything and they are picked up at hotel check-in?

If they are, in fact, shipped to my house, are they active? i.e. - Can we head straight to the parks (we have a rental car) or do we still need to check in at POP? And yes, I have already done online check-in a couple of weeks ago, the same time I ordered the bands.

Thanks.

G00fyDad

Sorry, if this has been asked and answered a zillion times already, but how long should it take for our Magic Bands to arrive?

Or, have I totally misunderstood everything and they are picked up at hotel check-in?

If they are, in fact, shipped to my house, are they active? i.e. - Can we head straight to the parks (we have a rental car) or do we still need to check in at POP? And yes, I have already done online check-in a couple of weeks ago, the same time I ordered the bands.

Thanks.

I know this is not an answer to your question (I have no idea how long it takes), but were you chosen for the testing? We arrive in 35 days and I would love to do this, but we have not been chosen to test the bands.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
I know this is not an answer to your question (I have no idea how long it takes), but were you chosen for the testing? We arrive in 35 days and I would love to do this, but we have not been chosen to test the bands.
Not chosen specifically, no - just gleaned from these threads that I was staying at one of the test resorts.

Some kind soul guided me step by step what to do.
Go to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/, click my Disney Experience (top right corner), sign in, and then click magicbands (from the right side). You can't do it directly from the DMX app. (Or I couldn't anyway. Not too tech savvy).

I actually just had to go through it step by step to answer you, and answered one of my own questions. I did choose to have them shipped to my home address, rather than pick them up at the resort.

Still want to know if they come park ready though?

Are you staying at one of the designated test resorts? That list has recently been expanded, so even if you weren't, you might be now.

javy2004

once i customized my bands on a wednesday, they arrived to me via UPS i'm pretty sure by the next monday. They travel from Ohio and they got to me in south florida pretty quickly. Ohio is central enough in the country so they'd likely get to you pretty quickly still. I'm excited! my trip is in 5 days and hope yours goes well. I actually got my magicbands before i got the letter in the mail saying i was selected :) thought that was a funny tidbit

Anotherfaceinthecrowd

There was something said on another thread that they wont ship out of the US until testing is over we are arriving in 30 days but live in the Uk and was told that our bands would be collected from the check in desk on arrival so not sure if it will be the same for you?

G00fyDad

Not chosen specifically, no - just gleaned from these threads that I was staying at one of the test resorts.

Some kind soul guided me step by step what to do.
Go to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/, click my Disney Experience (top right corner), sign in, and then click magicbands (from the right side). You can't do it directly from the DMX app. (Or I couldn't anyway. Not too tech savvy).

I actually just had to go through it step by step to answer you, and answered one of my own questions. I did choose to have them shipped to my home address, rather than pick them up at the resort.

Still want to know if they come park ready though?

Are you staying at one of the designated test resorts? That list has recently been expanded, so even if you weren't, you might be now.

Where can I find the list?

lilclerk

Where can I find the list?
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...ds-to-more-resorts-as-full-roll-out-nears.htm

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House Villas, Disney's Art of Animation Resort, Disney's Beach Club Resort and Villas, Disney's Polynesian Resort and Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside will be joining the existing test resorts which are Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House, Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Pop Century Resort and Disney's Yacht Club Resort.

cmybliss

I was able to customize a week before they shipped out. They shipped overnight. They've been hiding in the office closet awaiting the big "we're going to Disney World reveal" party on the 20th of this month!

btriple

I went online saw I could customized my bands and I did on Saturday evening, mom wanted to change her color on Sunday, it was too late they had already been processed and we got them on Tuesday. This was about 4 weeks prior to our checkin.

WDW-LUVR

I customized ours on a Monday and received them on Wednesday. We leave in 3 days :D and I received an email today that reads as follows
Don't forget to bring your MagicBands
If you had your MagicBands shipped to you, you'll need them as soon as you arrive and will want to wear them while you travel and throughout your visit. If you're flying, make sure you don't pack yourMagicBands in your checked bags. You'll need them to boardDisney's Magical Express at the airport.

Your MagicBand connects you to the choices you've made on My Disney Experience. With it, you'll be able to:
•Enter your Disney Resort hotel room.
•Enter the Walt Disney World Parks
(valid Park admission required).
•Access the FastPass+ experiences you've selected.
•Buy food and merchandise* at select locations.

Plus, your MagicBand is waterproof so you can wear it everywhere and anywhere, even in the pool.

So the answer to park read I'm going to say I believe so.

Yelloweaver

My due date to customize was 9/4. They shipped 9/5 and were on my doorstep 9/6. They shipped next day mail even though we had 29 days at that point.

marialexus

Thanks.
They shipped our bands next day air UPS. I was really surprised. We are staying at the POP also. I am not positive about needing to check in at the hotel first. We are using the Magical Express so will be there to check in anyway.

StingraySam

I made our reservations for Friday Sept 13th - Sunday 15th on Thursday Sept 5th. and figured out how to customize and link everything over the weekend.

I wasn't sure if they would be shipped to our home or not until I received an email this morning saying that "we could pick up our MagicBands when we check in."

Went online and checked my reservations this morning and had this note:
Good news––your MagicBand package will be waiting for you at your Disney Resort hotel! Simply pick it up at the front desk when you arrive.

jmorri26

The shipping on these things is nuts. We customized and I think 2 days after our window to do so closed, I woke up to a confirmation email from ups. It was mailed out 9pm that night and arrived noon the next day. They're overnighting these suckers. The letter asking us to participate (which came a week after I had bands already!) was a UPS overnight priority letter mailer. So they're overnighting those too! Was a little surprised. It was cute though- they stuck the little Mickey stickers CMs give out all over the park to kids all over the mailer!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
I ordered mine at least two weeks ago.
My account says they have been shipped.
I dunno - getting nervous, as everyone else seems to have gotten their's immediately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom