How Long Do Christmas Decorations Stay Up

DocMcHulk

I'm tentatively planning a January trip to WDW in the next few years. I was hoping to still enjoy some of the Christmas decorations.

How long does WDW generally keep the Christmas decorations up?

jgj123

That's not true.

I've gone the week between the Walt Disney World Marathon and Martin Luther King Jr. Day the last three years (most recently January 7-15) and the decorations are always still up, including the music.
I guess that's good....they're up a bit longer. The search I did suggested otherwise. Truthfully, by the time New Year's passes, I'm ready to be done with Christmas decorations.

C'est la vie

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I guess that's good....they're up a bit longer. The search I did suggested otherwise. Truthfully, by the time New Year's passes, I'm ready to be done with Christmas decorations.

C'est la vie
I completely agree. I go to Disney and want a Disney vibe. I get a Christmas vibe when I'm at home and it's actually Christmas.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
The earliest they are ever down is 1/7 after Epiphany that is on 1/6. They usually go down after marathon weekend and after 1/6. ;)

Upvote 0

Driver

They are actually very busy behind the scenes getting stuff ready right now. They have a few cranes loading trailers with tree parts all decorated. Soon as MNSSHP is done all the decorations will magically appear

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

They are actually very busy behind the scenes getting stuff ready right now. They have a few cranes loading trailers with tree parts all decorated. Soon as MNSSHP is done all the decorations will magically appear
That, to me, is just so amazing! We were there last year and were so surprised to see all the "fall" decorations gone the next day and the Christmas decorations up! I watched a special on the Travel Chanel years ago on how they get it down within just a few hours after the park(s) close. All I can say is "wow"!

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

The decorations must be staying up later. When we ran the marathon back in '08 and '09 the decorations were definitely not up. Glad to know that they are keeping them up a bit later. :)

Upvote 0

Driver

That, to me, is just so amazing! We were there last year and were so surprised to see all the "fall" decorations gone the next day and the Christmas decorations up! I watched a special on the Travel Chanel years ago on how they get it down within just a few hours after the park(s) close. All I can say is "wow"!
They are good at what they do no doubt. But they've been doings this for a long time. The secret is preparation we are in mid October and they are loading trees onto trailers about 6 weeks in advance. ...... it's the magic!

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

I also learned that all the garland is fully decorated so all they have to do is hang it up with the large cranes. When do they start putting the lights on the castle? I don't remember seeing the crane when we were there in late Oct.

Upvote 0

Driver

I also learned that all the garland is fully decorated so all they have to do is hang it up with the large cranes. When do they start putting the lights on the castle? I don't remember seeing the crane when we were there in late Oct.
The crane comes at night and they build temporary walls around it. And it sits to the left of the castle when the park is open. Left meaning looking at it with the carrousel to your back. It will be coming soon I can send you a pic if you remind me

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

The crane comes at night and they build temporary walls around it. And it sits to the left of the castle when the park is open. Left meaning looking at it with the carrousel to your back. It will be coming soon I can send you a pic if you remind me
Cool--thanks! Is the crane generally gone by the end of Oct/beginning of Nov? I'm so oblivious that I just don't remember seeing it last year (or I could be totally having a brain fart and forgetting) :oops:

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

It already came. The lights are on the Castle.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom