How long before we start seeing tattoos on Disney CM's?

My chin, neck/throat, arms, legs and hands are covered. Tenure with my company has been pleasant and the only people who have ever been distracted by my skin are those who just want to collect a paycheck without bringing integrity and work ethic to the table. 15 years later and no one seems to have conjured up the judgement that my tattoos affect my abilities or professionalism. The look doesn’t get the work done, folks. Btw, when an appraisal needs to be done on your home, whether you as the seller are paying for it out of pocket or your lender is footing the bill, I’m the one who has to make sure everything passes muster. Hope my ink doesn’t cloud my judgement! Or we might end up in another bubble! Oh wait, we already are. Lol, free your minds, my friends. Otherwise, you miss out on quality. Just because the cover of a book looks enticing doesn’t make it a good read ❤️

HwdStudio

We were there last summer as a family and there were two men in Hollywood Studios working in shops who had the same skirts and tops on that most of the females were wearing. I had to look twice to make sure but sure enough they were men. One was 20 something and the other was around 40’s I’m guessing. I then had to explain to my son who was asking why the guys were wearing dresses like the girls. There were ladies in pantsuits there also. Anyway I was surprised a little but not ready to explain to my young kids about people’s clothes on vacation.
I was surprised to see the same at Tony’s. Surprised not offended.

Michaelson

Really mixed feelings. I don't have any ink on my body either, and have no plans to do so.....but that said, BOTH my daughters have extensive ink work, as does my sister, and they LOVE them.

Considering how much money was spent getting those tats, one would have to figure you'd WANT the world to see them, as you sure spent a lot of cash to get them done.

That said, though, I also don't care to be 'taken out of the moment' if I'm climbing aboard a ride in Pirates, only to see a CM with an arm sleeve that says 'WE BUILT THIS CITY ON ROCK AND ROLL' or some such thing. Kind of kills the mood. ;)

Regards! Michaelson

JIMINYCR

News to come..... Orlando tattoo parlors see an uptick in their business as Disney employees flock to them for new ink before returning to work. Due to the demand new designs are being added to the parlor offerings. This will be an industry wide saving move. A host of never before available Disney character designs are being added. Surprisingly, the most requested ones as of this date... lifelike portraits of Bob Chapek and Josh D'Amaro followed by the disco Yeti.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Who really needed to find this old thread and resurrect it now?

It's an old thread of mine which somebody 'liked' a day or so ago. This reminded me about this thread and I wondered whether the rule was the same 2 years on. As people complain on here if a new thread is started that is the same subject as a previous one, I thought that I'd use my existing thread instead to try not to upset folk.

I guess that's frowned upon now then is it?

It's an old thread of mine which somebody 'liked' a day or so ago. This reminded me about this thread and I wondered whether the rule was the same 2 years on. As people complain on here if a new thread is started that is the same subject as a previous one, I thought that I'd use my existing thread instead to try not to upset folk.

I guess that's frowned upon now then is it?

It's not that. It's just that the minute you made that new post it was already wrong. Tattoos are allowed which pretty much started today.

Cmdr_Crimson

Tattoos in parks..What's next Top 40 hits blasting through the park..
S414UUHswCvsIl3rApNah_YD5RgLcJINsvFejlDhtrASSJlm5G5ljopRd-IwbhTRbaLFPr3Aqh55FtGi93rFGrabbL1fjqJgVvez_O0eU4Ebl3VNkdfbM_Pbe3ajHCzIX1A

How can asking a question be wrong? My new post was a question within an existing thread?

Sorry if you are not a native english speaker. I was unaware of that.

What you put out was a statement, but with a question mark on the end I thought was a typo.

A question would be like "Does Disney still have the 'no tattoos on display' rule for their staff?".

thomas998

So it seems that in today's age it's becoming the trend for more and more people to have tattoos. My wife and I are tattoo free and if I'm honest I've never liked the look of tattoos and find them kind of ugly. That being said I'm sure there's some people who find me kind of ugly too, so I'm not suggesting people shouldn't get tattoos based on my tastes and it's up to them what they do with their bodies. I also understand that a person's desire to have a tattoo doesn't reflect on their ability to do a certain type of job, so for instance we shouldn't think a doctor with tattoos is any less qualified or capable than one without them. Basically I'm firstly trying to clarify here that I have no issue with those who want or have tattoos, neither am I questioning their choice to have them.

I do however applaud certain companies rules such as Disney's, to have their employees cover their tattoos up whilst in front of their customers. Whilst I accept some think this 'discriminatory' (and technically is probably is), I find it on a par with expecting employees to dress to a certain standard as appearances are important to many companies and their customers expect and demand a certain image from their employees.

However times are a changing as they say and where I work in the UK used to enforce the rule of tattoos not being visible at work, a few years ago however they let that slide and now several colleagues openly display their tattoos. Now some of these people are my friends and I certainly don't judge them for having them, also they have no effect on their in work performance which is why they're there at the end of the day. But (apologies to you tattoo people) I find big tattoos and especially neck, face and hand ones really off putting and really hope in a few years time I'm not seeing them on Disney CM's as I visit the parks. I compare it to CM's looking untidy or wearing food stained or dirty clothing whilst on duty, it's an appearance issue more than anything else.

But with the way things are going and the current popularity of multiple tattoos all over people's bodies, how long do you think it will be before we see CM's allowed to display them?
I don't think they will ever become so desperate for employees that they start letting in tat-trash. I've noticed that the trend of getting tattoos seems to going down where I live. Yes you still see a bunch, but the tend to be on the people between 20 and 30 where I'm at... With any luck the stupid fad will fade into obscurity. God knows when I was in college their were so many dumb sorority girls getting parrot and fish near their bikini line it was ridiculous... Now that those girls have grown up and had families I would love to know how many still enjoy what by now must look more like buzzards and blobfish than the cute little parrots and tropical fish when they started. I can understand someone wanting to tattoo the name of their dead kid or parent, but for the life of me have no idea why something thinks a fish, parrot or butterfly is going to have meaning for the rest of the persons life. I'm pretty sure most of the women that got them in college spent 10 times as much time picking out the last dress they bought which will likely be sold or given away within a year than they spent on a tattoo that will be adorning them till they die.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Sorry if you are not a native english speaker. I was unaware of that.

What you put out was a statement, but with a question mark on the end I thought was a typo.

A question would be like "Does Disney still have the 'no tattoos on display' rule for their staff?".
No the question mark clearly shows it's a question, that's why it's called a question mark. By adding it to the end of the sentence implies I'm questioning my original statement. If you want everything explaining precisely so you understand I'll try harder in future. By the way, 'English' has a capital E at the beginning. If you want everything done correctly you should follow suit, sorry if you're not a native English speaker. I was unaware of that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom