How long before the inevitable "SW: A Galactic Spectacular" dining package?

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Original Poster
With the debut of "Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular" at DHS, how long does everyone think until Disney sells a viewing package similar to others around the parks? I think anyone that frequents the parks or keeps up with the haps at WDW know that this is inevitable.

Personally, I think it'll be at Sci-Fi. What are your thoughts?

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Original Poster
I was more expecting a Dessert party like they used to have at Star Wars Weekends.
Well there's already a dessert party but I figured they would try and capitalize on a dinner package since you really need to be in the hub in order to truly get immersed in the experience of it.

WhatJaneSays

While a dining package is more my speed the dessert parties are far more profitable even after the added expense of putting them on. So I don't imagine they would edge out the dessert spots for dining spots anytime soon. They'll likely eventually do dining packages once the demand is more set, but probably not before Q1 2017 or maybe holiday season this year at the earliest.

JohnD

Dining packages only work for getting a seat somewhere: Fantasmic, Candlelight Processional, Eat to the Beat Concerts at F&W festival.

Dessert parties tend to work better for fireworks as those are designated viewing areas without specific seating.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Original Poster
Dining packages only work for getting a seat somewhere: Fantasmic, Candlelight Processional, Eat to the Beat Concerts at F&W festival.

Dessert parties tend to work better for fireworks as those are designated viewing areas without specific seating.
I wish Disney got That message before offering the Tony's/Electrical Parade dining package over at MK. Plus this isn't a typical "fireworks" show.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Original Poster
Unlikely it'll be Sci-Fi, as it's already so popular and heavily booked.
They're much more likely to use a package for bookings at Hollywood & Vine, Mama Melrose, or a very expensive one at Brown Derby.
I figured sci-fi since it already hosted the galactic breakfast. I can imagine H&V and MM would be good places. Like you said, BD being so expensive may not make it very appealing (although BD is beyond amazing).

worldfanatic

In any case, I'd strongly consider giving up my coveted 7:55 PM SCI-FI ADR for Sept 9th if I could get a guaranteed good spot for Galactic Spectacular (even if it meant having to dine at H&V or the very expensive BD).
I'm of course assuming the Spectacular will be showing that night. It's not yet on the schedule. (However, with it being a Friday with EMH, I'm pretty confident it'll be happening)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom