How large are Magic Bands?

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
I have seen that Magic Bands are able to be adjusted for both adults and children. How large is the adult size? After all, one size does not always for all.

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
Does anyone have one and can measure the size in inches? I'm a little claustrophobic with tight things on me. If it is too tight, I'll have to carry it with me instead of wear it.

correcaminos

Has anyone used a Magic Keeper before? I saw it available on shopdisney.com
Yes because the bands feel stupidly large on me. No room for the new and a small watch even. Love the keeper. Just clip it to my bag. Fits on a belt loop too for the rare times when I wear shorts. Normally I am found in dresses ( for comfort sake)

Rob562

Yes because the bands feel stupidly large on me. No room for the new and a small watch even. Love the keeper. Just clip it to my bag. Fits on a belt loop too for the rare times when I wear shorts. Normally I am found in dresses ( for comfort sake)

I saw on another site that someone on Etsy is selling little holders for the MagicBand pucks that slides on to a watchband. That way your watch and MB are the same thing.

-Rob

correcaminos

I saw on another site that someone on Etsy is selling little holders for the MagicBand pucks that slides on to a watchband. That way your watch and MB are the same thing.

-Rob
I've seen those too. Sadly they are just way too much on my wrist. My 9yo has a bigger wrist than I do though. I'm happier with the keepers

ninjaprincesst

I've seen those too. Sadly they are just way too much on my wrist. My 9yo has a bigger wrist than I do though. I'm happier with the keepers
I just take the outside part off like you do for kids and it fits me fine with plenty of room and does not come off , I have problems with them coming off if I just leave all the extra length wrapped around. I think I would find the keeper thing annoying, and the watch thing too, the magic band is already wider than my wrist so I'm sure the watch thing would be. I think if I wasn't going to wear it on my wrist my next choice would be the lanyards that hold the center because it would be easy to scan with it still on your neck.

correcaminos

I just take the outside part off like you do for kids and it fits me fine with plenty of room and does not come off , I have problems with them coming off if I just leave all the extra length wrapped around. I think I would find the keeper thing annoying, and the watch thing too, the magic band is already wider than my wrist so I'm sure the watch thing would be. I think if I wasn't going to wear it on my wrist my next choice would be the lanyards that hold the center because it would be easy to scan with it still on your neck.
Again my 9yo has larger wrists than I do and he is not even remotely chunky, so removing the edge doesn't help at all. The older ones were better but the new ones have such a small edge that it didn't really make a difference. They are stupidly large on me.

DwlAHeC.jpg

No room for a smaller watch even with the edges off

UPtGnUO.jpg

For me the keeper isn't annoying as it's on my small bag. Didn't get in my way and I can still wear a watch.

ninjaprincesst

Again my 9yo has larger wrists than I do and he is not even remotely chunky, so removing the edge doesn't help at all. The older ones were better but the new ones have such a small edge that it didn't really make a difference. They are stupidly large on me.

DwlAHeC.jpg

No room for a smaller watch even with the edges off

UPtGnUO.jpg

For me the keeper isn't annoying asones it's on my small bag. Didn't get in my way and I can still wear a watch.
The main reason I remove the edge is the for some reason they tend to come undone faster with all that extra length wrapped around under the band.I have a;so just cut the end off on the ones you buy. I just think the keeper would annoy me because other than on a lanyard you have move a bag or the keeper when you arrive at kiosks .Im lazy I just want to stick my wrist on the thing and go.But yes they are stupid big, Im fat and it is still huge one me.

Rista1313

My problem with the keepers are they are fixed and not on a fly wheel. It would be so much easier if you could extend them from your hip or purse.

correcaminos

The main reason I remove the edge is the for some reason they tend to come undone faster with all that extra length wrapped around under the band.I have a;so just cut the end off on the ones you buy. I just think the keeper would annoy me because other than on a lanyard you have move a bag or the keeper when you arrive at kiosks .Im lazy I just want to stick my wrist on the thing and go.But yes they are stupid big, Im fat and it is still huge one me.
If we want to keep the edge like on the old special edition ones, we'd just cut the length, but it was both the width and the length that was too much. It's everything that's too big. That pic was on the smallest size I could get it to fit on my wrist, and it was just too wide and stuck too far out on my wrist. It looks and feels awful on me.

I wear a crossbody wallet on a string so to speak. It's right at my hip if I am there. The one time I put it on a belt loop again it was right there. I don't do lanyards myself but this does work great for me.

My problem with the keepers are they are fixed and not on a fly wheel. It would be so much easier if you could extend them from your hip or purse.
I didn't have an issue with that. The chain length was long enough.

beachlover4444

I have seen that Magic Bands are able to be adjusted for both adults and children. How large is the adult size? After all, one size does not always for all.
I sadly admit to being 5 foot tall and 225 pound. I have chubby wrists. I fit on the last hole of the magic band. You can remove the middle circle of it and put it into other things if you prefer not to wear it like a watch. Magic Keeper Lanyards are great because I odnt like tight stuff on my wrist. But remember, once you remove the outer band to make it child size, you cannot re-attach it. We made the mistake of accidentally removing mine and that's how we found out how to hook it into the other object. Also there are some great options should you choose to buy a special one, not just the color ones they let you pick from. My husband loves his Maleficent. Also at check in if you do not already pick you get grey, no choice.

Last edited:

beachlover4444

My 3 year old granddaughter had no problem keeping hers on for the whole week. She loved picking out the color and wearing it and using it for fastpass. We only had an issue with the finger swipe at the gates not liking any of her tiny fingers.

I have a question for all disney magicband experts. We booked our trip for September 2018, and our magic bands just arrived the other day. Is that normal? I thought they didn't come until the month before your trip.. Is my husband pulling a fast one on me? The my experience app says our reservations are still for September 2018. I'm so confused..

Weather_Lady

I have a question for all disney magicband experts. We booked our trip for September 2018, and our magic bands just arrived the other day. Is that normal? I thought they didn't come until the month before your trip.. Is my husband pulling a fast one on me? The my experience app says our reservations are still for September 2018. I'm so confused..

No, that is not normal. (At least, my DME still lists a date about a month from our arrival as the "last day" to personalize MagicBands, and even though we've personalized them for our May 2018 visit, they won't ship until then, per DME). Either DH has planned a special surprise, or one of you might want to call WDW to see that everything is in order.

JaxFLBear

Did you reserve under the "Give the Gift of Magic" promotion they had going? Under this promotion, your MagicBands would be mailed early so you can place them under your Christmas tree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom