How is the transportation over at All Star Movies resort ?

goofy5380

Original Poster
Looking to stay there for first time end of August 2021
curious about the transportation to and from there
Should I stay there any pros and cons ?

Zé_Carioca

Transportation to the resort will be the same as transportation to any Disney Resort (up until 2022), which is using the Magical Express for free from the airport. To and from the parks: With the all stars you are limited to bus transportation only. They are fine but you will have to set time aside each day for transportation since you can be waiting a bit for a bus and depending on the line, the next bus. Another resort of a similar value, Pop, has skyliner transportation as well which would make it easier to get to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

DisneyDreamer08

We stayed at Movies in January 2020. The buses were great, no issues at all. We never waited more than 15 minutes or so. We did have to stand a few times but that’s to be expected. We only shared with the other All Stars once and it was at 2 in the afternoon. The biggest draw back is that when you leave the parks, the All Star buses are ALWAYS the furthest away. Just once I wish they would cut us a break and put us a little closer! ;)

Zé_Carioca

We stayed at Movies in January 2020. The buses were great, no issues at all. We never waited more than 15 minutes or so. We did have to stand a few times but that’s to be expected. We only shared with the other All Stars once and it was at 2 in the afternoon. The biggest draw back is that when you leave the parks, the All Star buses are ALWAYS the furthest away. Just once I wish they would cut us a break and put us a little closer! ;)
Just wanted to add that now, because of distancing, buses fit less people and parties can't be standing, so it MIGHT be the case that you will have to wait for a second bus, I don't know how busy the resort will be though.

DisneyDreamer08

Just wanted to add that now, because of distancing, buses fit less people and parties can't be standing, so it MIGHT be the case that you will have to wait for a second bus, I don't know how busy the resort will be though.
That’s true, good point. I can only add pre-Covid experiences :)
Just to add, we LOVED Movies. The refurbished rooms are great! I love the small size of the resort. CMs were great. We’d definitely stay there again.

Zé_Carioca

I saw that you also asked for pros and cons:

Pros: lowest value, recently renovated rooms, spacious resort. I have stayed at movies many times and I honestly like it, its a nice resort for what you are paying and I liked the Disney theming. For me the biggest deciding factors was the price and movies was great for that: reasonable price with the Disney perks like transportation. It really depends on what kind of trip it is/what you are looking for, other resorts are fancier but for many visiting Disney they just want a nice place to sleep with a Disney feel and the all-starts have that (though I don't really care for the theming of the other two).

Cons: Only bus transportation (other resorts have other transportation options like boat, skyliner or monorail). They can be loud and busy but since big teen groups won't be coming for a while and they were the main guests of the all-stars it shouldn't be an issue. Only food court dining (same for the other value resorts). One of the farthest from most parks so travel times are a lil higher, but nothing too bad.

wdwfan22

Placement of the bus zones is based on price. The lowest price resorts are always going to be the furthest away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom