How is the opening of Galaxy's Edge affecting your plans?

WDWFan2018

Original Poster
We were planning on going to WDW in November, now with the opening on August 29, I'm not sure if I should change my plans.

WDWFan2018

Original Poster
With your dates, you're going to miss Reflections of Earth too. Move it and brave the heat.

Yes, I also heard that those would also be ending at the end of summer but I was hoping they would be replaced with something else. I was going to forego the Christmas Party to do the Frozen Dessert Party instead. Disney is just crapping on all of my plans haha.

WDWFan2018

Original Poster
We are going in October, figuring we would be in the 'calm before the storm' with all signs pointing to a December open..

I am excited to see it, but will probably be braving it alone as my family is less prone to crowds than I can be..

Yup, that's what I thought too. We also hear December opening and figured November would be good since we've never been at Christmas time before. Not sure whether to just suck it up and stick with my November dates and alter my expectations a bit or move the trip to August.

yedliW

Yup, that's what I thought too. We also hear December opening and figured November would be good since we've never been at Christmas time before. Not sure whether to just suck it up and stick with my November dates and alter my expectations a bit or move the trip to August.

We are going to stay where we are (assuming we can get the room.. we are still a week out from the 7 month mark for DVC)..

awoogala

My last trip for this year of being a passholder for the first time will be in July, as planned. I am really happy that I might have even lighter crowds, because some people will reschedule for August, hopefully! My pass ends after July, we're planning on skipping a year at Disney, and doing other vacations. So not a big change for us.

JIMINYCR

Like many others we had been waiting to book a next trip. Now its time to really start nagging the DW with lets go, lets go, LETS GO. Have to work out the details on the proper timing. DS phoned me today with the news of the announcement so hes ready.

DisneyGigi

I am moving my planned first of September trip up maybe to mid August or adding days to my early May trip. No way I am going in that mess! Stinks though because our anniversary is the day before opening and we always go for anniversary week. 🙄

WDWFan2018

Original Poster
The whole introducing rides one at a time also complicates things. Maybe Aug. 29 won't be too bad because only one ride will be open? Have they said when the other rides are scheduled to open? Maybe people will wait until everything is open before they visit? I have no idea what to expect crowd-wise.

Da Bird is Da Word

Holy crap. I went and booked a September 4 thru 11 stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge with DVC Rental, thinking it would be the quiet before the Galaxys Edge storm later in the Fall...now my trip starts opening WEEK! 😫🤬😏🤣

Well, gotta look at the bright side. I’ll get to see Star Wars land! Definitely wasn’t expecting this to be part of our vacation! And with any luck, MAYBE this will have the effect of making the rest of the parks LESS crowded because everyone is at Star Wars. Wishful thinking 🤷‍♂️

Gelatoni

Holy crap. I went and booked a September 4 thru 11 stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge with DVC Rental, thinking it would be the quiet before the Galaxys Edge storm later in the Fall...now my trip starts opening WEEK! 😫🤬😏🤣

Well, gotta look at the bright side. I’ll get to see Star Wars land! Definitely wasn’t expecting this to be part of our vacation! And with any luck, MAYBE this will have the effect of making the rest of the parks LESS crowded because everyone is at Star Wars. Wishful thinking 🤷‍♂️
Well you won't be alone at watching the chaos. 2-7 at pop century here. But hey i got free dining that's something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom