How is the food court at POFQ?

Pete C

Original Poster
Staying at POFQ for the first time...how is the food court? We stayed at Coronado Springs last time and the food court was pretty lousy. It looked very exciting with all the choices, but the flavor was not there and it was $15 per person regardless of what you ate.

CaptainMichael

I find it to be pretty good. We had the best we've had on property there, and you should definitely try some beignets for breakfast/dessert ;)

MsSnuzi

Last time we were there, they had a create your own salad bar with lots of choices - it was great! :slurp:

CaptainMichael

Also, try the Abita Beer. It's brewed across the lake from New Orleans.

Scat Cat Club is a fun place to hang/drink/relax after a day in the parks.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The food court to Coronado is a pretty polarizing one. You either love it or hate it. That being said I think you will find the food court at POFQ much more to your liking.

Mystic

Last time we were there, they had a create your own salad bar with lots of choices - it was great! :slurp:

I think you're getting Sassagoula at FQ mixed up with Riverside Mill. Sassagoula doesn't have a make a your own salad bar. That being said, we loved the food court when we were there. My mom was a little concerned about the giant mardi gras masks at first but was fine in the end. Food there was made to order, not sitting out like at most other food courts and was hot and fresh.

drossjr

I think you're getting Sassagoula at FQ mixed up with Riverside Mill. Sassagoula doesn't have a make a your own salad bar. That being said, we loved the food court when we were there. My mom was a little concerned about the giant mardi gras masks at first but was fine in the end. Food there was made to order, not sitting out like at most other food courts and was hot and fresh.

Why the concern with the Mardi Gras masks? Afraid they were going to fall or just the cheese factor? :shrug:

MouseDreaming

We can't wait to eat at Sassagoula, again! Try the cheese steak sandwich, or the taco salad, or the beignets...OK, now I'm drooling!:ROFLOL:

If you get tired of it, or want something different, the food court at Riverside is just a short walk. Although, when we tried it, the burgers were sitting in a warming pan, and my ds and dh got roast beef that was very tough and mostly gristle. Try the pasta station, there.

MsSnuzi

Really? It's been a couple of years since we stayed at French Quarter, guess I am confusing it.

corey154

The FQ foodcourt has a grill where they make your food fresh, the line can be long at times, but at least everything is fresh there. I found it better than most of the other foodcourts.

Pete C

Original Poster
Excellent, sounds like it is one of the better foodcourts at WDW. Thanks for the info everyone!

GatorGambit

The POFQ food court is ok. It is definately one of the smaller food courts - maybe the smallest - in the WDW resort hotels. That said, breakfast variety is good, and hey, who can say no to bignets? Lunch and dinner tend to get old there after a few days.

French Quarter's is pretty good I believe but the make your own pasta at Riverside is Godly, some of the best food in all of WDW actually. It's awesome.

stainofmind

I'm at POFQ right now, and we had a pepperoni pizza just the other night. The price wasn't bad (I think $17.99 or so), and we all thought it was pretty darn good pie.

nepalostparks

Our last trip was to POFQ, and we ate at the food court a few times for breakfast and lunch. While nothing spectacular, we didn't have any quality issues. It's definitely loud in there, especially during the morning rush with excited kids getting ready for the day.

Definitely try the beignets... they were awesome.

redfive13

Our last trip was to POFQ, and we ate at the food court a few times for breakfast and lunch. While nothing spectacular, we didn't have any quality issues. It's definitely loud in there, especially during the morning rush with excited kids getting ready for the day.

Definitely try the beignets... they were awesome.

I would agree with this post 100%. The food court is nothing special, but it gets the job done just fine. And yes, its LOUD in the AM.

I like the food court at Riverside a little better, but no beignets. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom