How has Toy Story Land (TSL) held up?

PortOrleans

Original Poster
I haven't visited Hollywood Studios since around the time that Toy Story Land opened for guests for the first time. We are thinking about making another trip to the parks soon and visiting. Just wondering if things have changed in recent months.

Any response is much appreciated but keep things polite! If you'd be ashamed to have your grandmother read what you're posting, don't put it online. (Please don't take that as being directed to any individual, it is more of a general statement because civility is always needed).

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Well the plastic rails were replaced with metal, Slinky's springs have cloth covers, and his tail is missing. Andy's lunch box lost the Monte Cristo.
Brisket with cheese is still wierd. Everyerything got a new coat of paint.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
I don’t dislike TSL; but it’s so crowded, hectic, and lacking in elements, that I didn’t get to appreciate it.

I am Timmy

It's still busy. It's cute, though, and my sons are adults. The seating at Andy's Lunchbox is almost non-existent, but that was always the case. We enjoyed the brisket and grilled cheese well enough, but not the vegetable macaroni salad at all. It's all holding up, to enjoy it you just have to clench up and dive in! Alien Swirling saucers was ridiculous fun - but only because my oldest (26) refused to sit with us (myself and DS 23), and sat in one where we could see him the whole time. Not one facial expression. The longer this went on, the funnier it got. Couple that with the gentle back-and-forth of the saucer, and we were in tears from raucous laughter by the end. DS 26 was just smirking at us, we could barely walk off. I know people were watching thinking it's a blast now. It was for us, a real highlight - ymmv! Totally going to do it again and try to recreate the magic.....

Dad 2 M & M

I don’t dislike TSL; but it’s so crowded, hectic, and lacking in elements, that I didn’t get to appreciate it.
No,
I think you fully appreciated what Toy Story offers since you just summed up the land perfectly.............hectic and lacking
It is a bummer is stays so busy. One thing I'd add is it also has a strange "landlocked" feeling.

Goofyernmost

It does. It’s a weird dead end. Makes navigating it with crowds a real chore.
DHS has always had a dead end feeling. It wasn't designed originally for flow, it wasn't necessary for the original theme. Now it feels more closed off. I fail to see what the problem is with turning around and walking back out the way one comes in. Not that big a deal to me... to others, I guess it is. That will all be fixed when SWL opens and you can loop around to the other side of the park. That will just leave the ToT and RnRC area as the dead end.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
DHS has always had a dead end feeling. It wasn't designed originally for flow, it wasn't necessary for the original theme. Now it feels more closed off. I fail to see what the problem is with turning around and walking back out the way one comes in. Not that big a deal to me... to others, I guess it is. That will all be fixed when SWL opens and you can loop around to the other side of the park. That will just leave the ToT and RnRC area as the dead end.
Well, my verbose friend, the problem is....There's a crush of people in a very small space. Making 2-way traffic an issue.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I was there in November, December, and January and it had normal minor wear and tear. No worse than anywhere else in the park and certainly not what I would describe as “falling apart.”
Like I said, agree to disagree. I don't believe what I saw should qualify as normal wear and tear. The queue for Alien Saucers was in much worse shape then even Buzz Lightyear. It was terrible, IMO. Now, maybe, for you, that kind of condition is just normal wear and tear. I don't think it is.

Goofyernmost

Well, my verbose friend, the problem is....There's a crush of people in a very small space. Making 2-way traffic an issue.
Again a temporary situation until another gigantic area is opened up. In the meantime, your right we should complain that we have to double back in a crowded area. Boo, freaking, Hoo!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Again a temporary situation until another gigantic area is opened up. In the meantime, your right we should complain that we have to double back in a crowded area. Boo, freaking, Hoo!
You're*

Anyhoooo

The land feels closed off and cramped. If you don't mind that feeling then good on you. I didn't particularly enjoy it.

AndyS2992

That’s not even close to accurate.
You don't expect ride vehicles to pretty smashed up after only 6 months.
DuZEkOOWwAACp-I.jpg

DuZMGg6UYAAGw9g.jpg:large

The tails are missing, springs are cracked, paint has worn off from both Slinky and Space saucer vehicles, railings had to be replaced. It shouldn't be in this state already.

TwilightZone

You don't expect ride vehicles to pretty smashed up after only 6 months.
DuZEkOOWwAACp-I.jpg

DuZMGg6UYAAGw9g.jpg:large

The tails are missing, springs are cracked, paint has worn off from both Slinky and Space saucer vehicles, railings had to be replaced. It shouldn't be in this state already.
Repeating what I said on one thread, they should have waited for star wars land to open first, then open up TSL so they could spurce it up more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom