How Hard to Rent Your Points?

Phonedave

Are you asking as a potential buyer or renter? That might help us target the answers better.

If you are a potential renter, then the explanation on David’s site is a good place to start:

https://www.dvcrequest.com/dvc-rentals.asp

It’s a good introduction to how it works. But if you’re a potential buyer, then you need a lot more information. The best place, IMO, would be the Mouseowners website, who have information threads on everything DVC. Plus an active forum for asking questions.

Obviously you can ask questions here too!

But back to your question....

So owners buy into DVC, which is essentially a timeshare. But instead of buying a specific week at a particular resort, you buy a number of points which you can then use to book one of several types of villa (from a studio to a 3 bedroom villa). If you buy 100 points, then each year you get 100 points to use.

You have a home resort, where you can book 11 months ahead, but you can use your points at any of the DVC resorts 7 months ahead, subject to availability. Each room type at each resort “costs” a certain number of points, depending on the time of year. Each resort will “expire” in a different year, the first ones will run out in 2042, I think. At that point, your ownership stops.

You can use up to three year’s worth of points at a time. So if you want to stay at the Poly for a week, every other year, you can buy half as many points as a week will “cost” at the time of year you want.

There’s a starter! Ask away. :)

And the big point if you are an owner. You pay yearly dues based on the number of points you own. Dues are set on a per point basis and then you pay for each point that you own. Own more points, pay more dues.

nickys

Premium Member
And the big point if you are an owner. You pay yearly dues based on the number of points you own. Dues are set on a per point basis and then you pay for each point that you own. Own more points, pay more dues.

How in the world did I forget that? :p

correcaminos

Indeed! Next time I come out I’m planning to go to the bank near DS (Sun Bank?) and open an account, so I can set this up. I just need to remember lol!
What a pain to have to do just to get the auto deductions. Not that it's a big deal for us, I just don't have to forget to pay ourselves and we get to keep the money in our accounts longer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom