How hard is it to get accepted into the Disney College Program?

SonicBoom

Original Poster
is it pretty tough? Any tips on making it through the web interview and any tips on being more appealing to an interviewer? :D

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Given some of the people I've seen in it, I'd venture to guess that it's about as hard as getting into community college

captain marvel1

I work with someone who used to work at Disney in the merchandising Dept and she says if your a hard worker and are good with kids it should be a breeze.

SonicBoom

Original Poster
Given some of the people I've seen in it, I'd venture to guess that it's about as hard as getting into community college

haha, well that's a relief.. guess if I just be myself and do the best I can do, should be no problem

thanks guys for your replies

daklimation

On my first program, our recruiter and program head for my school said they accepted 22 out of a little over 100 applicants. I'm sure a good number never bothered with the phone interview, and I go to a pretty big school. That said, I'd bet they probably take close to 1/3 of the people they interview, based upon the people they think can provide the best experiences for guests.

SinginSarah

I think sometimes they may also accept too many, because they know that a good percentage of those that are accepted aren't going to do it for different reasons such as finances or family or whatnot, so if they accept higher than their goal, they'll end up getting close to their original numbers. Because think about it, how many people do you know who could just up and move to FL for six months?

KeithVH

I have to admit to reading a LOT of the posts about CP around here as all my girls have expressed an interest. From everything people have said as far as qualifications go it's kinda like "be able to see lighting, hear thunder, and not pick your nose too much." Meant in the best possible way of course.

SonicBoom

Original Poster
just got an acceptance phone call from a Disney College rep. today... pretty excited and I'm totally pumped.

Disneyland, CA Spring 2010... Merchandising :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom